The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 60 of 98
Previous 1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
18 May 2014, 19:16
Great result, time to celebrate. Onwards and downwards (on your PB time)
19 May 2014, 06:07
Great result Olsen! Especially considering the conditions for the last few kilometres. I hope your recovery is OK. Are you resting this week? Well done!
19 May 2014, 08:10
Well done Olsen. That's a great result especially as it seems that you could have gone even faster but for the sun cream malfunction. I have to admit that is not something that I would have expected either. Gentle recovery week this week?
19 May 2014, 08:48
Well done Olsen on the marathon, excellent result. :like:

My recovery is progressing nicely, I have a 8.55km route than I run which takes me through a small game reserve, yesterday morning was especially good, I saw Impala, 2 Kudus, a lovely Nyala bull and actually outside the reserve area a family (1 bull and 2 cows) of deer, something I have not seen there before, they were on someone's lawn enjoying the green grass.

Anyway my last 4 times for this route are 56.42, 54.58, 52.19 and 51.29.

Saturday is a league race and the club needs points to avoid relegation, I think I will stick to the 10km and let my first 21km after the injuries wait a bit.
19 May 2014, 13:59
@brian1 It excites me if I am lucky enough to see a squirrel. Not sure I could concentrate on your run. :grin:
19 May 2014, 14:19
Simon Egan wrote: @brian1 It excites me if I am lucky enough to see a squirrel. Not sure I could concentrate on your run. :grin:

Nope, never seen a squirrel. :frown: will keep the eyes peeled. :grin:
19 May 2014, 14:20
Lions and tigers and bears... oh my!
19 May 2014, 15:21
ADFnFuel wrote: Lions and tigers and bears... oh my!

Hahahaha, nope, none of those either, maybe they were hanging out with the squirrels. :wink:
19 May 2014, 17:53
Thanks guys and gals :)
I love to see wildlife on the runs and I occasionally come across deers and squirrels, but this African ones, oh my, I'd set a new course record :p
(Now, everybody, who can spot the lion?)
It must be a marvellous scenery!
This week will be biking/walking only until Saturday or Sunday.
Next target is Berlin Marathon in September. I'd love to do a race in UK some day!
19 May 2014, 18:05
@ADFnFuel - do I detect a YES lyric snippet in your last post?
19 May 2014, 18:50
@CreakyPete, @ADFnFuel might be from Oz. :grin:
19 May 2014, 21:05
Simon Egan wrote: @CreakyPete, @ADFnFuel might be from Oz. :grin:

Only in recalling "Wizard Of Oz".

Briefly considered suggesting avoidance of Africa's 5-second Survival Triathalon: Sprint, Climb Tree, Whack snapping-teeth with feeble stick...

:smile:
20 May 2014, 04:59
Well done Olsen, very impressive!

I had my first race on Sunday and it was a bit of a disaster, but I'm still happy!

Negatives: I got lost and ended up doing the 10K race instead of 5K, which was hideous given that even 5K was a push for me! I gave up after I realised my mistake, walked for 2K, then decided to run again.

Positives: I got to see what 10K feels like; my time wasn't so bad given that I walked 2K (about 1 hour 12 minutes); I got a PB on my first 5K at 29'16". I've been running for 2 months and I was an unfit little lady, so I'm pretty pleased!

I'm pretty sore but can't wait for the nest race!
20 May 2014, 05:13
Wow @Nanou! Well done on finishing after getting caught up in a double length run! After my first marathon last year I was a bit disappointed with the time (4:44 with double quad meltdown) but one of my friends said the most beautiful thing I will pass on to you: "The time doesn't matter because now you know you have the mental strength to do it".
Not that I think you're disappointed with your time, it's the last bit that I want to pass on :)
20 May 2014, 05:59
Congratulations @Nanou! One hour 12 for the 10k, considering you walked 2kms is very respectable, and under 30 mins for your first 5k is excellent. A really good start. When/what is your next race?
@RunningOlsen Wow, so you have knocked nearly an hour off your marathon time in a year? That is some going!

My next race is the second part of the Mont St Michel marathon that I'm running in duo with a friend next Sunday morning. I've got the 22kms to do. I have only been training 3 times a week since my last half marathon in April, but feel good, the long training runs are easy and my knee isn't hurting too much at all. The forecast is fortunately cooler and not as sunny for next weekend as it was last weekend, thank goodness. There is no shade at all on the race course and it would have been far too hot. Carb loading-ish and drinking lots of water this week in preparation.
Previous 1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 60 of 98