need a smiley with a well skelpt behind face :grin:
Re: Starting the 30 Day Shred
06 Oct 2013, 09:56
Best of luck janeg!! :like: did you finish it first time around? :smile:
06 Oct 2013, 09:59
Thanks Whitelily
I did indeed!
Quite enjoyed it although did feel like I as on the point of expiry more than once.
Did it most days so it tool about 33 days in total.
It made a difference tone wise and did kick start my weight loss slightly.
And I did feel so much better getting some proper exercise
07 Oct 2013, 05:56
Ah janeg, fancy seeing you here!

I'm starting again today after many false starts, this time I'm going for it and no excuses!!
07 Oct 2013, 06:09
I'm doing it - not for the first time but this time I'm determined to get to 30 days as I never have before.

I've been off fasting and exercise for a few months as my heart wasn't in it. Last week I found my mojo again, and had a great week doing the shred every day (had yesterday off as I was travelling and had zero time) and also did two great fasts :)

I love how with the shred, just when you think you are going to die, it's all over! I don't like her stretches; I just do my own thing at the end as I know how to stretch properly. Interestingly, since doing that, I've had little soreness, and I think it's because I'm stretching for longer/more effectively each time. Just my feeling.

< is back in the game!
07 Oct 2013, 07:02
Morning all

Well i did the first 2 days of Ripped in 30 at the weekend, and it was good, the exercises in the first week are similar to some in the 30DS but i'm obviously stronger, deeper squarts and using heavier weights.

Legs were aching yesterday but did it again and they're not quite so sore today! just like the start of 30DS!

Hope you're all getting on well?

:)
07 Oct 2013, 07:08
Good morning all,started the shred (level 1) in the summer and gave up - silly really as when bored,I watch it on ytube! Going to a 50th on sat and have bought a mico dress. Fits as I've lost over 20lbs but a couple more and I'll look better. Gonna drag the dvd out tonight and start again. Wish me and the other 'born agains' will-power; I def need it. Enjoy your day.
07 Oct 2013, 07:30
YAY to all the born again shredders! I check Winsome, Bigmammacupcake, nicky and me.
Hope i haven't missed anyone out.
Did day 2 this morning- just slighly spaegied (musclesore) I agree with you Winsome that her stretches are a bit minimalist! Think I'll do a bit more the way I do and that'll help. Although I do find that doing it first thing and then being just slightly above sedentary during the day does help.
How is everyone else doing?
07 Oct 2013, 09:18
I try to do the DVD first thing as well, and like you Jane, am just above sedentary for the rest of the day.

A week in and I can definitely see and feel the difference. This is the ONLY DVD I've ever done more than once or twice, and that says a lot for how good Jilian Michaels is. Most instructors irritate me within minutes!

Not shredding today as I am going out with a PT - he's ex military and the kind of stuff we do is very like the shred, but with a bit of running thrown in. We do a lot of circuit work. Last year we were training twice a week and I was running as well. It was great to feel so fit! Training with him is erratic as he works shifts, so the shred fills the gaps really well.

Good luck everyone!
08 Oct 2013, 11:18
whoa...JUST BECAUSE I was feeling a little bored I jumped ahead to Level 3 this morning to mix things up...and goodness me, I am sweating rivers right now.

I'll get back on track with Level 2 - I might even do it later today once I've had the chance to get a good rest, so as not to have missed it out completely.

I don't think with Level 3 I'm going to be able to cope with all the explosive jumps and lunges, but I'm a pretty dab hand at modifying exercises so I'll just get through it as best I can when I come to do it properly.

I'm very skeered!! :o
08 Oct 2013, 13:31
I've never made it to level three before... Sounds like I might not want to :confused: :shock:

Definitely feeling much fitter though. Hill circuits yesterday with the PT were tough, but I managed a lot better than I thought I would have done :like:
08 Oct 2013, 13:52
Well, as I said - I managed it, didn't take any breaks but had to modify it in places slightly. There should definitely be a good foundation in place once you've done Level 2. ;)
08 Oct 2013, 14:15
Whitelily, i wouldnt worry about doing explosive jumps, i've got a leg injury and had to modify too, and still got great results

I definately cannot do any of the pylometric movements, although as i'm getting stronger i'm learning how far I can push...

You're all doing well :)

I've done 2 days of RI30 so far, will be having a break tonight then another 3/4 days this week!
08 Oct 2013, 14:20
day 3 - tick :like:
shuddering at remembering the explosive jumps in level 3 :confused:
oh well, I know my cardio is rubbish but I am STRONG! :victory:
(and a bit sore...) :bugeyes:
I always feel if I get over the third day of something that I have a better chance of continuing it. :geek:
So 3 down, 27 to go :shock: :starving: :wink:
09 Oct 2013, 11:55
Well I've been out with the PT again this morning, so I'll count that as a shredded day - I certainly felt shredded by the end of our session :shock:

We do plyometric moves like squat jumps as part of a workout, so I'm hoping level three won't come as TOO much of a shock...
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 Next
306 posts Page 19 of 21