The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 26 of 33
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 33 Next
I had another run this morning, 2.6 miles, which I'm surprised to find is 4.2km. It was through the orchards and the last section is an uphill drag that I had to walk part of. :cool:
I did 30 minutes of run/walk (aka the C25k run training program). It's set to be 91F in NYC today, so I managed to drag my weary bones to the park early. Woo hoo - I'm closing in on 15k steps today!
Walked my little 15 yr. old mostly blind, deaf Shitzu (sp?) about a mile and a half, stopping often for smells and sprinkles and deposit/bagged return. Not a whole lot of exercise for me, but about 4K steps and a shared beautiful morning! He gets me out the door and starts my morning off right!
I did HIT: 10 minutes Boutcher and 7 minutes 10-20-30. The latter is definitely easier, as advertised.

Edit to add: This is a link to 10-20-30 in case you missed it in the other thread: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/07/2 ... ealth&_r=1
I need to do my run tonight, but it might be too warm. I did Tracy Reifkind's kettlebell training session on Sunday as a form of HIIT. I can barely walk today :bugeyes: :bugeyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTcbTquzL7U
Just above 1hr "power" walk with Diego. As much power you get from a JR male who have to pee almost 30 times in that hour :shock: And yes, he is neutered bit don't seem to know that ....
Forgot though that I still have the step counter from the challenge at work, bummer I guess that was a whole lot of steps ;)
Out the door with the pup at dawn--5,128 steps so far! Great beginning to the day! :lol:
30 minutes on the treadmill for me.
5K run/walk. Achilles happy. Lungs complaining a bit about the warm weather while re-adapting to the effort (as it should be).
Was awake at 5:00AM so decided to go to begin rehearsals at 5:30AM, so an hour early. It helped with the warmups, doing it on my own, I was able to focus more on how I felt and how my body reacted after 5 days off.
HIT yesterday; weights today!
Does Pilates count? Those that know me will remember that I am incredibly exercise averse but anything is better than nothing - right? I went to Pilates after a four week break whilst looking after granddaughters - only to find that after this morning there is a three week break until September 7th! Yoga is also off during the school holidays, so I may have to do some on my own - seriously, is that likely to happen! :wink:
Of course Pilates count!

Yesterday I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Today I'll probably do weights.
Hi all
Just wanted to tell you that I'm hot and sweaty after jogging on my treadmill for 35 mins and so proud of my self as I have struggled getting back to running. Hoping to do every other day now and going to try a 5K next time :-)
Hi every one
Got up earlier today and decided to do a 5K run on my treadmill and it took me 55 mins to do it and I did struggle towards the end but made myself carry on. Now it's time for me to have a shower and a rest and hopefully my legs will not ache 2moro :-)
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 26 of 33