The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 27 of 33
Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33 Next
Well done, @mariondot40! You have a great deal more detrmination than me! All I have done today is cut back some of the euphorbias in the garden. I has taken three hours and I have barely registered any steps on my Fitbit Flex, or used many calories, I suspect!
Weightlifting training, went well. I'm doing it 3x a week, one hour each and love it. It helped to lower my back pain (not cured, cause I have in-born problem with no solution, but I can move painlessly and properly for most of the time).
I don't suppose making greengage jam count?!!!!! :grin:
Must.join.gym! In the meantime, I'm doing SO much walking!
I am running in the morning for 15 minutes. I used stairs often more than elevator when I don't have a chance to run in the morning. I follow weight loss program to make sure I will be on the right tract for my weight loss and achieve my ideal weight. Everyone of us needs a guidance and help on losing weight. The key on losing weight is to do it right and you will get the required results.
What excercise have you done today ?

It's raining here and I was overdue for a trip to the gym so I did:

-Single leg squats for hip strengthening..
-Steamboats for hip strengthening.
-15 reps on multiple weight machines covering arm's, legs and core muscles.
-30 mins of cardio on a Cybex eliptical machine, increasing the resistance from 25->45, total burn of 520 Cals.

Will run tomorrow or Monday.
Have a great weekend everyone !
I get to the gym about 3 times a week most weeks now. Mostly I lift weight, but I also started doing 20 minutes or so on the treadmill until I twisted my ankle. One thing I haven't started again is HIT on the elliptical. I need to get back to that.
well it's been raining all day, so I only got 1 one-mile walk in, instead of two. I won't make 10K steps today, I think.
I've been trying this:-
Whenever I sit down and pick up my iPad or a book I set a timer for 30 minutes. When it goes off I get up and move about or stand about for 5 minutes. I then might sit down again but am sure to reset the timer for another 30 minutes and do the same again. Also when watching tv.
It annoys the hell out of the cat but keeps my circulation going :0)
After a short "holiday"* and a few days of really bad jet lag, I seem to be back on track at the gym. Yay!

*I returned to Japan to sort out stuff like closing a bank account and going through things I left behind with very kind friends who live in small houses. I also had to go back to my old workplace, which was not as stressful as I made it out to be in the leadup, but still not very pleasant. i.e., not much of a holiday.
Michael Moseley and 'Trust Me I'm A Doctor' back on BBC2 last night with his usual spot on items.
Our senior personnel may be interested in these do-at-home exercises, no gym required:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... to-the-gym
Let's try doing 12 repetitions of each exercise for 3 times a day over a 4 week period and see how we feel, should be stronger he says.
Good luck folks :0)
I saw the programme, @Azureblue, and found it very interesting. I have not walked or done any exercise since before Christmas and would like to find something that I enjoy doing. Exercise seems such a bore to someone as exercise averse as me! I might give MM's exercises a go though! :shock:
I'm still having back problems but I managed an upper body workout today. Love my weights.
Weights yesterday; treadmill today. I want to go at least 5 days this week bc the gym closes for a week or two after that. Then I might try running in the park
Hi @MaryAnn great idea to rez this thread :-)

I got 10935 steps on my fitbit so far -- started with a hilly 2 mile walk first thing this morning, and I just had another 1 mile hilly lap at 8. That's my normal routine, unless I'm over 10K before 8pm. Then I skip the evening lap.
Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 27 of 33