The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

2209 posts Page 32 of 148
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 148 Next
Re: Bean & Oates - Mad Eaters!
06 Apr 2014, 22:56
Oh that's a great story Hazlenut! So now you've moved to Somerset I see. Bit different to Fleet I'm guessing! :confused:

Not much news from you today, Oatesy. Hope everything's ok. I will be joining you in fasting tomorrow, if you're up for it. How's the cold? Has it gone yet? They're so annoying, colds, aren't they.

Anyway, am off to bed now. Just hope Poppy sleeps through tonight.

Sleep well everyone!

Bean :sleepy:
image.jpg
(8.23 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
07 Apr 2014, 06:33
I'm here Beany.
Just a bit bunged up now, thanks for asking.
I'm now on my Hols. Well I call it Hols, there's a few jobs which need doing but I really don't enjoy them as much as I used to. My daughter has become a teenager who just doesn't want to do those holiday things anymore, like cinema, swimming, bike rides etc etc. True to English tradition the first day of the Hols and it's raining. So I won't be out in the garden, just getting sorted before my drive up to Lancashire on Thursday.

I'm fasting mon and weds, then I will just have to be a bit careful for 5 days at my mums.
I'm going to have aubergine for dinner, with a cup of soup midday. See you later Alligator. :grin:
07 Apr 2014, 07:44
Happy holibobs @carieoates x
Get some R and R in between those jobs x you deserve it! X
Ps sorry about the bunging :confused:
07 Apr 2014, 08:55
CandiceMarie wrote: Happy holibobs @carieoates x
Get some R and R in between those jobs x you deserve it! X
Ps sorry about the bunging :confused:

Good old Vicks nasal spray..
Yes I'm snotty not the other bunged up!
Took ages to do my contacts this morning. 8hrs today then I can leave them( (14hrs) virtually all day

Oh Beany I didn't make the hairy pies yesterday, made lasagna instead with masses of stealth veg. Grated courgette and carrots, onions, mushrooms and peppers. Which is for tomorrow. Always make a day or two in advance tastes much better.
Weight back up to 12.12 this morning. I'm on the black coffee, no sweetner. :frown:
07 Apr 2014, 15:16
I'm drinking loads today. At one point I had a coffee, a Pepsi max and a litre bottle of squash all on the go at once.
I've been very busy in the kitchen, made bread, well the bread machine did it, I loaded it up. Made sweet potato soup, sausage rolls, built two lasagnas, and an aubergine one for my two fasting day dinners.
Dyed a little bit of daughters hair red, chatted with @madcatlady when she dropped off my spa purchases. So I've cleansed, toned, something else and moisturised. Feels very refreshed.
Just got my carpet cleaner back off my neighbour......we know what that means........and now her son is using my sewing machine to sew his air cadet badges on his jacket. After my quick lesson.
08 Apr 2014, 02:23
Blimey, you're brave, Oatesy. I don't like to spend too much time in the kitchen on fast days :shock:

Yesterday I went crazy and had some smoked haddock for lunch..yes lunch...on a fast day! Crazy huh?!

First thing today I shall be taking my darling Pops to see the vet. She's poorly again and hasn't bean right since she went for a scan a couple of weeks ago. She was so well before that too. Urgh! I could scream. It puts me off taking her for her final scan in September...but I guess I have to :cry:

So are you enjoying your time off so far Oatesy? I guess being at home must be better than working, eh? Hope your cold has flown away now. They're so annoying aren't they.

Have a great Tuesday!

Bean xx
08 Apr 2014, 07:03
Whoops, you're up early Bean. Hope little one is ok :oops: :like:
With your medical knowledge, at certain times it doesn't help when your loved ones are poorly.
Fingers crossed all will be sorted by your vet today. :heart:

I went to class last night. My plan to eat after class went completely belly up. It was a later class and at 5 o'clock when I felt a bit wobbly (everyone else's lasagnas, were going in the oven) I worked out that it was 4 hrs till I could eat AND there was a class in between too. My meal was aubergine lasagna, and a handful, of salad, not sure about cals, but one large slotted spoon of mince and tom with aubergine instead of lasagna sheets. Only one layer. Got the other half for tomorrow. Also had a mug of sweet potato soup and a slice of homemade wholemeal. At 9 I had another slice of wholemeal toast courtesy of daughter.

Today is a lovely sunny day here, going to another class this morning, (don't know why I bothered having a shower last night lol)

Poached eggs for lunch, carpet cleaning or gardening this afternoon and then chicken breast wrapped with Parma this evening.
Feeling loads better cold -wise, just a little tickly cough trying to attach itself to me. I sound worse than I feel now.
Contacts will be in for 14 hrs today, then that's it full time. Actually hate the putting in and taking out, I'm getting faster but I'm not confident at all.

Sad news about peahes, actually so sad about Paula, now her. :heart:
08 Apr 2014, 08:01
@nursebean hope all goes ok at the doggydoctors x fingers and paws crossed for Poppy x
08 Apr 2014, 15:15
Have you been to the vets yet? @nursebean
08 Apr 2014, 17:32
Sorry for delay. Just bean charged over £100 for the vet to tell me to carry on treating Pops the way I normally do! I did get stocked up in her drugs though. Wish there was an NHS for dogs!

Sounds as though you've bean rushing around again Oatesy. Can't keep,up with you.

Made about £12 today selling 3 books. Don't think ?I'm going to make my millions...yet!

Bean :bugeyes:
09 Apr 2014, 07:22
Good news then for poppy. Yes the drugs are hellishly expensive, and they do mark them up as well, which is mean.

Just getting sorted today before my horrific drive up the M6 tomorrow. Going to see the chicks with my daughter this afternoon, my friend now has a duckling which was taken to her by someone who found it all alone. She just can't say no, bless her,
I was very mindful of what I was eating yesterday, trying to tie down why I'm not losing weight.
Lunch was a chunk of French stick with ham, mustard and a Pkt of salt and vinegar crisps. (All prepared by daughter)
Dinner was a chicken breast stuffed with low Philadelphia and wrapped in two slices of Parma ham. With steamed asparagus, mushrooms and leeks sauted in butter (yes butter). We (hubs and daughter) went for a walk down to the river, When we got home I had two regular sized glasses of red wine. Only snack I had was a graze box dried fruit, can't remember which one it was, but they're usually about 100 cals.

Today it's going yo be a mug of sweet potato soup then the other half of my aubergine lasagna from Monday.
I will still be about while I'm away as my mums place is like an Internet cafe, were all into our gadgets, iPads and iPhones all over the place.

Oh sugar just remembered I had an Oreo ice cream as well.
09 Apr 2014, 08:27
Ooh you see, these little things soon add up! Ice Cream?!!! :shock:

Feel so happy. Had a wonderful night's sleep without any disturbance from Poppy! Yes, I think she's on the mend (now that I've bean to the vet's!!) so that makes me feel good :grin:

Glad you'll be able to keep in touch when you go to your mum's. Would be too long without you otherwise!

Its a lovely sunny day here and I'm busy trying to sell my "tut" on eBay. Looking forward to the day when I sell something "profitable"!

Have a great day!

Bean :starving:
09 Apr 2014, 11:59
Why is going on holiday such hard work.
Chasing my tail today. Sorting things out mostly for others,
Arghhhhh.
Tore a contact lens, so now have to wait till next weds, just when I was getting faster at putting in and taking out.
I would usually hit the chocolate and carbs around about now.....ironing board coming out....don't know why I'm so het up, not like me at all.
And breath...
09 Apr 2014, 12:21
" Sorting" ..thats what makes hols so stressful and tiring @carieoates!
Hope M6 drive goes ok xx
09 Apr 2014, 16:46
You need a holiday to get over your holiday! :confused:
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 148 Next
2209 posts Page 32 of 148