The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

2209 posts Page 41 of 148
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 148 Next
Re: Bean & Oates - Mad Eaters!
29 Apr 2014, 08:52
No I haven't set my shop up yet. Will have to think about the tax side of things etc. so have to make sure I really am ready. I have just had a buying splurge and bought loads of books in readiness to sell and am still dedicatedly doing my online course so that I can produce superb eBay listings! Looking forward to it but have to wait for the timing to be just right!

Think I'll have an opening ceremony on here once my little shop has opened. Very exciting!

Bean :smile:

Yes, its funny. I didn't realise he drew Meg and Mog. Its so different isn't it. I had a book years ago that had sort of Arabian silhouettes and I just loved it (I don't know what happened to all my wonderful books you know. Maybe they're up in the loft, who knows!) Yes, if you look up fairy tales, you'll find some wonderful illustrations!

Glad you like the books Candy! I've just ordered, ahem, one or two of them :bugeyes:
29 Apr 2014, 08:55
Yes we must have a champagne breakfast when you open up shop bean
We can have an Ambassador's Reception like in the Ferrero Rocher ad! :like: :lol:
Ps Ferrero Rocher are one of the few chocs i dont actually like! X x
Looking forward to yr new venture getting off the ground! X
29 Apr 2014, 08:57
That would probably kill me off Candy...not a great start!

:bugeyes:
29 Apr 2014, 09:10
Why Beano!? :shock:do you mean the champers, the chocs or what?!
29 Apr 2014, 09:43
Hello ladies. Sorry for absence. Busy bee at work then forum down last night.
29 Apr 2014, 16:33
Sorry Candy, I'm allergic to nuts so I'd rather celebrate with Dairy Milk!

Looking forward to my meal tonight and I'm gonna snack on a,boiled egg and some cold Baked Beans later...can't wait :wink:

Really suffering today...will pop back later

Bean xx
29 Apr 2014, 16:56
Cold baked beans.......not for me thanks. Shame you're allergic to nuts I've started snacking on almonds recently, and as it turns out they're very low carb for nuts.
Catch you soon Beanny
29 Apr 2014, 17:40
Sorry bout the nuts Beano..the Ambassador was very apologetic when i told him..said we will deffo have little posh cubes of dairy milk instead at his next reception
Poor ole Bean.. not well today :0( hope tomorrow will be better x
Like@carieoates i' m not a fan of cold baked beans but - fill ya boots!x whatever floats yr boat! X
29 Apr 2014, 18:09
I'm not familiar with ladybird books or your illustrator, @Nursebean, but I'm very impressed with both!

We had a really cute picture book when the kids were young called "The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig". I'm off to see if it's still in my daughter's room. She collects kid's books, being a teacher (and loving books as well).
29 Apr 2014, 18:21
My fave ever children's book.." Nosy Shirley Rat " it was fab! Can't remember the author but loved reading it over and over with DD x
30 Apr 2014, 16:50
Crickey, have I been busy.
My fast has been a bit strange in that I had a salad with cheese and ham at lunchtime, just had an egg and have a cold chicken breast to eat after class. My big prob was that my colleague bought in some homemade choc chip muffins. So yesterday I spoilt my low carb by having a fish crispy roll with butter, today I've spoilt my low carb and fast day by having a muffin. Will still be low cal.
I was saying to debs in the hangout that I'm finding it difficult to eat to my massive TDEE without consuming carbs. There's only so much veg I can eat. Had to get some more almonds. Any ideas, great fully received.
Had my nails done today and had to sort out holiday dates, 30 days to Marrakech.
30 Apr 2014, 23:11
Hope youre feeling better for May Day Beano..i want us to dance round the maypole :lol:
01 May 2014, 06:30
Good morning bean I am assuming it's a fast day for you today, hope it's a hood one and all is week in Bean Land. :heart:
01 May 2014, 08:37
Oates, what is happening to your message? hope its a hood one and all is week in Bean Land? :confused:

How's that car going eh?

Oh Candy, I haven't heard of "Nosy Shirley Rat" which is surprising because I used to keep fancy rats (look away Callyanna!) and loved everything to do with rats. I was gonna sell my book of keeping rats, but just couldn't bring myself to do it! What a sentimental old rat I am!

@Wendyjane di you find the Three Wolves and Big Bad Pig? Actually, I was having a read of some of my vintage Ladybird books I've just bought and I have to say a lot of them are HORRIBLE. The poor gingerbread boy gets eaten at the end, the two foxes get scalded to death...the poor old wolf gets killed by the axeman. Surely children's books are more gentle these days...aren't they?

Anyway, yes Oates I am fasting today. Feeling pretty weak and feeble today. Was up until 1:45 this morning doing my online eBay course (its really engrossing...I didn't realise the time) and its my TOTM so apart from that I'M GREAT!!

Bean :starving:
01 May 2014, 08:52
Predictive textitis I'm afraid. It's a nightmare.
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 148 Next
2209 posts Page 41 of 148