The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 8 of 61
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 61 Next
Hi again @WestLondonChick

On previous visits to London, mum has trawled me around all the places she used to live... I thinks she started in Shepherds Bush and then the family gradually moved further out as their financial situation improved, finishing in Alperton where she lived until she married. Not sure where she and dad lived then, but they were living in South Godstone when I was born and prior to migrating to Oz.

I did vaguely suggest to mum that we think about a trip to UK later this year, but I am not sure if she could cope with everything involved in the travel. Last time we were over, 2 years ago, she wasn't well a lot of the time. We'll see - will certainly let you know if we do make the trip.

Cheers! :)
Hi @Sassy1

That would be lovely.

I work at Noth Acton which isn't to far from The Bush (I love the Westfield shopping centre there!)

:heart:
Hi @WestLondonChick

Mum lived in some part of Acton too... :)
Morning @auriga. Embarking on my second fast this week. After that it's 16:8 until Tuesday as OH will be here and I want to enjoy my meals out (of which I have at least 3 planned so far!) :heart: :cool: :heart: :cool: Hope scales come today! :shock: (well, maybe not :bugeyes: ). How are you doing?
I do hope you have a great time with your hubby @rawkaren, you must miss him.
I am doing fine with the fast diet, but find I am having to force myself to eat on feasting days a bit! That's unusual for me, but I know it has happened to other people. My weight loss is very slow, but seems to be going in the right direction for now and I am not concerned about the slowness: in fact I think it's probably a good thing.
The one problem I have is that when I do have a drink of wine it goes straight to my head and I have to be a bit more careful than I used to. :bugeyes: I have 'shrunk' a lot: maybe it's that!!! :confused: There's always a down side!

I hope your scales come today too.....have fun with them when they do. :cute:
Hi All - did we reach a verdict on whether it was easier for buddies to set up their own threads or whether we prefer to keep all the chat in here? Me and my new buddy @WestLondonChick are just getting ourselves sorted out!

Hope everyone is having a good day - I have a cold so am feeling a bit sorry for myself - hopefully the worst will soon be over........
I'm sorry I've been AWOL this week half term can be a bit hard to get PC time.
Hi @Madcatlady

Hope you feel better soon :heart: x
Hi @Madcatlady and everyone

I have just had a hunt for this thread and it was on the third page of most active topics... So although I understand the idea was for us to chat within this thread, I am not sure how well that is working in practice. Some buddy groups have used it quite a bit, others not so much.

Me and my buddy are using PMs for mainly non-"diet" chat, and in some ways that would work more easily for WOL discussions too.

What do others think?
Glad so many are getting buddies. Beany and I set up our own thread because we are so chatty, and didn't want to monopolise the thread. All are welcome come and join in with our convos. Plus it's easier to find each other rather than trawl through everyone else's chit chat.
its entirely up to everyone here whether you do any of following

- chat infrequently here in this thread
- chat frequently here in this thread
- just PM'ing
- create own thread.

all legitimate and everyone is different in how they like to do it. Happy that this thread creates supportive communication however this is carried out after we created the sets

the one good thing about this thread is that it centralises any communication pertinent to IF ad lets other people see real day to day feelings about fasting. some people do it in the forum blogs but that's really a bloggy me thing. whereas chatting to a buddy brings a whole new light

Pm'ing is good if you find yourself getting into personal stuff that really you dont want other forum members to see,even though generally we are fairly anonymous here. I guess if you are discussing good ideas about fasting its good to share.

so there is no answer.. whatever works for each twosome, threesome or foursome.

i think some of the people here in post 1 are still looking for buddies.. so please see if you would like to team up. i may have missed a set being announced. please Pm me. had an incredibly busy week at work and snowed (still)
Hi there,
Sorry I haven't been on on much but I haven't been able to access the internet in my room (they won't support wifi!) and I have actually been doing some work during the day so haven't been on as much as I would have liked to recently, even for a bit of pillow plumping in the insomniac tent.
I am not doing very well, my weight has gone back up again, maybe as a result of my week off, but ADF hasn't been working for me, so I must adjust my eating and be more low carb; I was suprised at how many carbs were in tined plums. Yes, I know, but not much fresh fruit here at all! I bought two packets of frozen berries for me to have with yoghurt so that will be my treat.
Still onwards and downwards for you @juliana.rivers??
Debs wrote: Hi there,
Sorry I haven't been on on much but I haven't been able to access the internet in my room (they won't support wifi!) and I have actually been doing some work during the day so haven't been on as much as I would have liked to recently, even for a bit of pillow plumping in the insomniac tent.
I am not doing very well, my weight has gone back up again, maybe as a result of my week off, but ADF hasn't been working for me, so I must adjust my eating and be more low carb; I was suprised at how many carbs were in tined plums. Yes, I know, but not much fresh fruit here at all! I bought two packets of frozen berries for me to have with yoghurt so that will be my treat.
Still onwards and downwards for you @juliana.rivers??

Hey @debs you sound like you are somewhere remote!

When you say ADF not working you mean you found it hard or it just didnt bring the weight down enough.. How long did you try it.

Tinned plums probably has just too much sugar added to be good. Im so scared of sugar these days. Frozen berries are an essential part of my freezer. Great for my health drinks.

I'm feeling like im seeing more of the lower half of the 70.1 to 70.9 zone lately so i found my Libra trend weight down as low as 70.4 when it was running at 70.8 most of Jan /Feb. Im trying to "stay hungry" on fast days more than i used to which sounds strange but just mean when id go and grab some nuts or something i refrain. Feeling like the fat then can get swallowed up into nothing. lol.

looking forward to late march.(or my fastiversary). Libra tells me ill see 70.0 as my trend weight and you know whats next my magic number.69. you know today i just said to OH i might just stop at 69.0 as my ultimate goal rather than 68.0. especially if i can build some muscle mass if i can ever get the HIT program started for myself properly. worried that 68 means sometimes ill be 67 and i think its that "too thin problem" heres me worrying about something in the distant future like being too skinny and gaunt. this time last year i couldnt ever have predicted that would be a worry when i was going up the scales and fast approaching 80kg. anyway its all good.

have a great weekend @debs im hitting work if i can get myself out of the forum
Hi @Auriga. Sticking with 16:8 whilst OH is here, so normal service will resume on Tuesday. Just checking in quickly to say hi. He likes the pad now the furniture has arrived. It's so great to have him here. Looks like the scales turned up at the office today according to Amazon, but I have not been there, so will collect Monday.... How are you doing?

Take care everyone and back soon :heart: :heart: :heart:
I am doing fine @rawkaren thank you and I am so glad you've got your hubby with you for now. I hope too that the scales are kind to you on Monday!
I had a lovely day out today as I went to the Wedding Fair in Norwich with my son and his fiancée, the cat walk show was great fun!
Have a wonderful weekend Karen, bye for now. :victory:
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 8 of 61