The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 7 of 61
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 61 Next
Hi @Sassy1

I'm back from skiing. Since, I didn't go last year, it was a little difficult, as I was out of practice. I still had a great time, but am very sore today. I hope that the hard work will show on the scale tomorrow!

I am planning to fast tomorrow and I was thinking that since I am off from work, I'll try skipping breakfast and see how it goes. I'll have to see how I feel in the morning!

How are you doing? Which day(s) are you fasting this week? Do you weigh yourself one day a week or are you an every day weigher?

Hope the week is going well for you so far!
Hi @cblasz! :)
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the skiing, even if out of practice, and are back in one piece, if a bit sore!! Time for some stretches I think... And whether the scales show the evidence of all that hard work might depend on what you indulged in après-ski...!!!

I fasted yesterday, though did exceed my calories with biscuits of all things... I thought I wasn't going to be having dinner, so had lunch instead, but of course that made me feel hungry and I couldn't resist the biscuits later in the day. They weren't even nice biscuits either - what a waste of calories!!! But the scales were still ok today.

I am doing daily weighing at the moment, and then averaging the measurements over 7 days, and plotting the results using Excel to see what the trend really is - to help me work out if I need to stay on 5:2 or can move to 6:1 or some other variation. However, as you will see if you have a look at the "maintaining this month - Feb" thread, I think I may be being a bit obsessive and probably should stop such frequent weighing...

With your fast, you may find it a challenge to skip breakfast if you are used to having it, so prepare as best you can. Have activities to do that will keep you busy, but not require too much physical energy (tho some people swear by doing some heavyish exercise on a fast day - depends what you are used to, I guess). Drink lots of clear unsweetened drinks - when I am struggling on fast days, I have an almost continuous stream of hot drinks, alternating between black teas, different fruit teas, and the odd coffee. When you really feel you have had enough of those, try a miso soup. clear broth, or something equivalent. Then maybe an apple if you need to get you thru to an early dinner. I think I read that you are not keen on veggies, but a meal with lots of veg can be very satisfying. Aim for around 300 cals for that, then 100 for berries and no-fat, no added sugar yoghurt and perhaps leave a few cals for a treat (eg 1 square dark choc) if you think it will help. As you will have assume, that is my fast day approach!!

I have to go and make our dinner now, will add more later. :)
Thanks @Sassy1 - yes, I have plenty to do today since I was away for almost 3 days. Even though, I'm not going to work, I actually have a lot of work to do. So, that should help. I was supposed to go to a movie with a friend, but I cancelled that, since I have so much to do today! I will definitely have plenty of beverages. We'll see how it goes!

I'm sorry about the biscuits, especially since they weren't good. But, I'm glad to hear the scale was still fine! Good luck with the weighing and figuring out your next step. I hope you can go to 6:1, that seems like it would be really easy to maintain. I guess though you have to be really careful with your TDEE on the other days.

I actually jump on the scale most days, but I only count it on Mondays usually. Since I was away, I couldn't weigh myself on my scale yesterday, so I'll be doing it today.

Guess I'll get started on my tea for the day! Talk to you later!
Hi again @cblasz!

My day is nearly over, while yours is just starting! I am sitting here, slouched on the couch (I did do the ironing earlier...), having enjoyed an evening on my own - tho the 3 menfolk have all just returned from their various activities. Need to head to bed soonish.

I also enjoyed my non-fast day today - I was reasonable active, so have not felt guilty about having some chocolate. Tho I have to admit to having chocolate most days...

Sounds like you have a good start to your fast day - hope the "lots to do" is reasonably enjoyable?? Good luck with it, and I look forward to hearing how it has gone. :)

Best wishes
Sassy1 :D
Hi @Madcatlady

I have tried sending you a PM a couple of times today but they keep sitting in my Outbox and not going over into my Sent box so I must be doing something wrong! :confused: Hopefully, I'll figure it out soon :heart:
Hi @auriga. I actually fasted yesterday. Two weeks without one. Seems such a relief. I'm also in ketosis, so no excuse not to stay on the low carb wagon now. Amazon tells me my scales should arrive tomorrow......
Hello @rawkaren, well done on the fasting and being in ketosis and I am also SO pleased to hear that your scales are on their way....yay! I am just doing a courgette, onion, ground almond, basil and egg bake for dinner with a large raw fennel based salad.....lovely. I wasn't so angelic yesterday as I had a slice of bread :bugeyes: with my chicken, asparagus and pea soup and then regretted it! Revenge of the wheat I think I shall call it. :confused:
Oh that sounds lovely. Would like to come round to yours for supper :like:
I'd love for you to come too. :victory:
Morning buddy and buddies! Back on the wagon, had an alomost liquid fast yesterday with 6 dried figs to keep me regular!
Eating today, but have already blown my carb allowance as I had yoghurt and tinned plums for brekkie. The cooked breakfast looked uurgghh.
Will try and regain my composure with an avocado and some edam for lunch and a few nuts.
How are you going Juliana.Rivers??
Debs wrote: Morning buddy and buddies! Back on the wagon, had an alomost liquid fast yesterday with 6 dried figs to keep me regular!
Eating today, but have already blown my carb allowance as I had yoghurt and tinned plums for brekkie. The cooked breakfast looked uurgghh.
Will try and regain my composure with an avocado and some edam for lunch and a few nuts.
How are you going Juliana.Rivers??

did you see my shout out NL thread @debs so proud :like:
Certainly did, and the fact that your BMI already is low is certainly testament to this WOE working for you! Hope I can get there at some point!
Debs wrote: Hope I can get there at some point!

You definitely will!
Hi @WestLondonChick

Just to let you know that messages stay in your Outbox until they are read by the person you have sent them to - it's different to email. I had the same issue when I first sent a PM :)

BTW my mum's best friend lives in Ruislip Gardens. They email each other almost every day and Skype from time to time. They have been friends since teenagers - about 70 years!! We have visited her a few times over the years since we moved to Oz 50 years ago...

And welcome to this WOL - trust it goes well for you :)
Thanks @Sassy1 :heart:

It's a small world isn't it? You'll have to let me know the next time you are going to visit Ruislip - is your mum from West London too? x
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 7 of 61