The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 13 of 61
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 61 Next
Hey @Debs

Another gorgeous Autumn day. I never did get to put away the winter doonas and now its too late cause i can feel the crispness in the air at night and morning that needs the extra comfort of a soft doona.

So pleased with myself. Yesterday I had this nagging hungry feeling but never relented apart from the usual coffee, a little bit of almond mild and some cottage cheese. A couple of work disasters helped take my mind of food and actually my appetite was really low and just tucked into a 1/4 serve of my sprout salad, quail eggs (could only manage 5 (equivalent of 1 chicken egg), a baby carrot from my garden and some purple beans, last bean harvest. I did indulge in a spoonful of Milo (yes it's still my vice) and a bit more of cottage cheese and a mouthful of mozzarella (my body must be craving calcium and protein).

I didnt count the calories but i just don't have the energy to do that through the day and just know its probably OKish

Anyhow. 69.7kg was on the scales this morning so the line is heading in the right direction. Progress tracker here went down to 69.89 just another tiny notch :like:

How was your day yesterday Debs?
Hi there, I love early autumn days, that early chill before it warms up! Not many of them here unfortunately!

I am supposed to be fasting today, but it doesn't feel right after a few hectic days so I will see. Haven't had anything so far today and trying to steer clear of the nuts in my drawer. I haven't weighed myself for a couple of days so I will see how I feel tomorrow morning. Really hungry currently which isn't helping.
Debs wrote: Hi there, I love early autumn days, that early chill before it warms up! Not many of them here unfortunately!

I am supposed to be fasting today, but it doesn't feel right after a few hectic days so I will see. Haven't had anything so far today and trying to steer clear of the nuts in my drawer. I haven't weighed myself for a couple of days so I will see how I feel tomorrow morning. Really hungry currently which isn't helping.

You need to put a secure lock on that drawer or yours (and give key to friend and only they can open it for you) :grin:

re being hungry
- drink water, tea or almond milk if any around
- maybe a Cruskit or other crispbread.. just one.
- cottage cheese?
Thank you, but don't have access to any of those currently as we have to grab our lunch from the mess first thing, so I am stuck! Just been next door to the Korean office and they pressed a box of Korean biscuits on me and insisted I ate one with them. Only small so not a disaster!!
Good morning @clairemarie I hope your Monday fast finished well, now gird up your loins for today. I had a bit of a late start this morning which helps. I need to do a bit of shopping then aqua at 2pm ( still not sure of time difference between us). Can't decide what to have for dinner tonight. I fancy a recipe I have for prawn and chorizo frittata but it comes at 387cals a serving which doesn't leave much space for veggies etc. I am trying to keep my cals to about 450 on a fast day now as my TDEE is 1745 ( ish) Have you decided what you are going to have? Is it still very cold with you?
Speak later...
@Lil Good afternoon. I believe we have a 6 hour time difference. As I write it is 8:15 am and I am on my second cup of coffee. I have also updated my weather forcaster to include England so as today is not quite so cold Boston is still 29 degrees colder then you folks. Monday night I had a tossed salad with tuna that came in at about 250cal so I threw in a glass of red wine. I was a little lacking in reservatrol(lol). I am leaning towards a green smoothie for dinner. I would be very pleased if I could fend off dinners on fast days altogether. Not sure why you would consider eating chorizo on a fast night with the high fat content. Prawns, what I call shrimp is a terrific choice both low call and high protein. I did see a recipe for a salad topped with shrimp, avocado(healthy fat)dressed with a grapefruit vinegarette. Talk to you later.
Hi@clairemarieBack from aqua.I'm just having a 'lime and ginger sensation 'tea. I have to disagree with you about the dinners. I look forward to and really enjoy my fast day dinner. Because I enjoy cooking and don't work on my fast days I am happy spending time making something nice.I seem to be able to switch off my hunger while cooking in anticipation of the reward to come. I have decided against the frittata for tonight. We have some lean gammon steaks in the fridge so I will have a bit of meat with lots of veg and a bit of pease pudding ( is that something you know?) On Friday we are going to a Rhythm and Blues concert with several groups that were big in the '60s. My husband is a maths tutor so we will have a quick turn around - I may try the frittata then.
Gammon is ham really - like a thick bit of bacon. Pease pudding is made of dried split peas that are soaked ,cooked and pureed or mashed. Fairly bland but one of the traditional accompaniments for ham - complements the saltiness and also will give me a little complex carb - I will only have 50g = 48cals
NOOOO. That's just the pease pudding. I expect the gammon to be around 170 cals ( 100g )Then probably carrots, broccoli, maybe a few new potatoes and some low cal gravy - that is the plan - should end up in the low to mid 300s calorie wise
Sounds very nice@Lil I just finished making a carrot soup that did not come out that great but I need something in the tum this noon. Fighting a cold at the moment. Cal count for 4 cups at 248 so I plan to sip it most of the day.
Your week end plans sound very nice. You are very active aren't you? I am more of a home buddy. I am finding that I am feeling much better now that I am pushy nutrition over white carbs.
Sounds like a plan. In fact I am off to make some soup. I make a big pan each week with all the left over bits and pieces in the fridge. Not for fast days as content is completely random. Recently when I have a cold or someone near me does I immediately start taking zinc supplements and echinacea. I definitely think it helps me get over it quicker .
Yes zinc lines nasal membrane so germs have a hard time breaking the barrier. So if you were to snack what would you reach for? Fast day or not?
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 13 of 61