The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 14 of 61
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 61 Next
I don't snack on fast days. If I have enough calories left I may have 100g raspberries (25cal) later in the evening. We live in a market town and for the last couple of years have been able to get raspberries practically year round. On normal days it would be mainly fruit, sometimes a small piece of cheese.I have always been a 'picker' but that has largely stopped now. I still have a sweet tooth and in the evenings may have a bit of chocolate or licorice. Recently I have had 1 or 2 mejoule dates as we found a box left over from Christmas. Sweet eating has also become much more controlled on this WOE.What about you?
Lil wrote: Recently when I have a cold or someone near me does I immediately start taking zinc supplements and echinacea. I definitely think it helps me get over it quicker .

@Lil echinacea makes me violently sick! Tried it twice and threw up so much both times, i knew it cdnt be coincidence Wish i could take it,as i believe its very good for the immune system.xx
Lil, since I started 52 I never use table sugar, I enjoy 70+chocolate over the candy bar variety. I bake for the family occasionally and enjoy. This is so far from where I used to be. 52 has helped me slowly enjoy and savor the foods I am eating. My downfall is bread, pasta, and BUDDA! I can divorce myself from bread but pasta and butter I will have to look to heaven for that! Now that I have started 52 again it will get easier. My snacks on a none fast are also fruit and love apple with peanutbutter. I also enjoy by 'special hot cocoa'. T of unsweetened cocoa powder, one splenda packet, a dash of cinnamon and vanilla brewed with water and a slash of milk...next to 0 cals barring the milk splash.
CandiceMarie wrote:
Lil wrote: Recently when I have a cold or someone near me does I immediately start taking zinc supplements and echinacea. I definitely think it helps me get over it quicker .

@Lil echinacea makes me violently sick! Tried it twice and threw up so much both times, i knew it cdnt be coincidence Wish i could take it,as i believe its very good for the immune system.xx

@Candicemarie Have you tried different forms? I take tablets now but I have taken drops in the past - worth a try? Of course you may now be conditioned to feel ill - as in Pavlov's dogs
@clairemarieIsn't butter back on the good list? I was allergic to peanut butter as a baby and although nothing drastic happens if I inadvertently eat peanuts - I just get an itchy throat - I don't really like the taste of peanuts so never eat them. I think peanut butter is also a ' goody' now. Your cocoa sounds nice - might try that with some almond milk
Have you tried shiratake noodles Claire? I have them occasionally but if you're a pasta freak could be worth a try
Shiratake do not have a nice mouth feel. And yes 1 pat of butter is back but I am quite good to myself. I will just have to bite the bullet and only enjoy pasta as a treat instead of a sweet. My system really can't handle the flour products very well. My stomach goes hard as a rock after eating them. Rice is no problem but I rarely eat it and why start another bad habit. I also love to cook but I am trying to just eat 'clean' whole foods.
@Lil Hope you had a good fast day. Mine so far is going great. Will say good night to you as I have errands to do. See(?) you Friday for weigh in. Claire
Hope the rest of your day goes well. I will be around Friday and although I will be weighing myself I will not be broadcasting it as Monday is my day. See you then Lili
Hi there juliana, how are you fasting today? If you are. I am struggling again today, mainly due to the mother of all headaches overnight and feeling really woosy, feeble today. Hoping to escape ealry and have a lie down. The last few days I have lost my fasting mojo, a combination of being near the end of a long three week stretch and tiredness I think.
Debs

really pleased...as i registered a lowish 69.8 even after a feast day.

I had a light meal of eggplant Baba Ganoush (home made by OH), chickpea hommous (homemade by me) and shop bought bbq chicken but only had a little bit of chicken. so whilst it was a feast day i didnt overdo it.

Libra trend weight went down a notch to 70.3 (from 70.4) so good news all around.
:grin:

lebanese.jpg
hey thats scary we posted simultaneously @debs.. (actually it would have been dead on but i lost my post by pressing a wrong button)

hows that for buddying! and synchronicity !

fasting tomorrow. Thursday is the second of my back to back feast days.

oh dear re your headaches and tiredness. are you sleeping well?
Hey @Lizbean

Back on the fasting waggon today and have a new determined mindset!
See you in the Fasting threads!!!

Spanner x
@Lil thks for telling me about Echinacea being in drops form...too wary tho after my other experiences with echinacea tablets..was so violently sick and felt so awful i' m unlikely to give it another go X twice bitten,third time shy!x :curse: maybe not so much Pavlovian as exercising caution!
How's it going @rawkaren?? Waves from across the pond. :bye:
Hellooooo. Better this week thank you. About to start my third fast of the week :shock: Thanks for being there for me. I haven't found anyone here yet who does this, apart from one of my English male colleagues and we don't really talk about it. So your support and everyone here really keeps me going.

They just think I'm the mad Brit who doesn't eat on some days and drinks Kermit smoothies the rest :lol:

Still at your new low?
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 14 of 61