The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 15 of 61
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 61 Next
Hi hi hi @rawkaren! Message from one mad Brit to another then....I am going up and down between 55.8k and 56.2k for a few days now. This morning it was 56.1k so decided to do ADF for ten days, starting today! Got to get down below the 55.8k because I have friends coming on the 15th for four days and we shall be wining and dining the whole time, so trying to mitigate the damage I am about to inflict on myself.
Vent away any time Karen and I shall endeavour to reply! :victory: Hope you're having a great work day. The sun is trying to shine here in North Norfolk, the birds are singing and I am STARVING hungry..... :confused: 'Ignores the tummy rumbles'! :starving: I have stuffed bell peppers with a green salad to look forward to later for dinner and I am now drinking Lady Grey tea to offset the dreaded rumbles. The trouble is James Martin is on the TV cooking up terrible stuff full of sugar and flour.....darn it.
Hi @Lizbean hope you have had a good fasting day?

I have been exceptionally good and had one satsuma for lunch and then lemon pepper cod with salad for dinner - been ages since I managed a full days fast and feeling quite victorious! :victory:

Being busy at work helped, although got quite grumpy when I realised the lunch meeting was going to go on for a full 90 minutes whilst I sat and watched over people munch doughnuts!! Still nice day in Yorkshire and I did manage to escape the building later that afternoon to take the dog for a walk in the park. Always helps!

Hope your kitchen remained closed for most of the day but that you allowed yourself a healthy meal tonight!

Spanner x
Hi @spannerbuddy

That's great news, first day back 6 March - and you cracked it! :like: A victory indeed, I am delighted for you, well done. :smile: Those first few fasts getting back into the routine are tough.

I also had a busy day. I fasted till dinner, apart from lots of tea (that's my routine). We have just finished dinner salmon, celeriac and broccoli. I had sparkling water at the drinks reception tonight, but boy you should have seen the canapés (a doughnut moment) and a colleague tried everyone one of them and told me how gorgeous they were! I knew it was time to leave when I started calculating what I could have for 350-500 cals ....... so glad I had my healthy dinner instead of laden calories. I have not eaten carbs (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes)apart from one slice of bread for nine weeks, so I did not want to break that either. They did look delightful, I might dream of them tonight. :sleepy: I'm going to think about re-introducing a small amount of good carbs at some stage but I don't miss them at all and I don't want to eat something I don't enjoy. Need to educate myself in the low carb tent. Did you low carb last year?

It was beautiful in London too, I hear it's going to be 18 degrees on Sunday which will be nice. No dog walks for me, cat cuddles from Charlie 14 year old who is a spit of Felix the cat. This weekends goal is to find a pilates class to join with my daughter.

Easter weigh in tomorrow! See you there spanner ........

Hi @julianna - many thanks for setting up this great thread. :smile:

Lizbean x
My weigh in day today Friday is a bit of a disappointment but not entirely @Lil. Down one pound and it seems 1 inch around the waist. My 'breadbasket' is indeed controlled by my consumption of bread. I am not very happy with 1 pound after three fasts. I am reminding myself though that little by little the weight will go down. My plan for the next 7 days is to ban the bread along with two good fasts. Enjoy your concert this week end! I am planning to visit my brother and sister in law who are just the nicest people. I always feel uplifted when I see them.

The one thing I felt encouraging today is when I looked at my tracker at least I did not gain all the weight back plus some like on other diet plans. :victory:
Hi @Madcatlady :heart:

Thought it easier to message on here today as you're going to be online on and off today (and because I am the slowest texter I know as it takes me ages to type a long message out on my mobile! :smile: )

How's today going?

I fasted twice this week and done 2 x 16.8 days too - weighed myself this morning and have lost 1lb this week so am well chuffed :victory:

Hope your weigh-in goes well too and you have a lovely weekend (is tomorrow the meet-up in your area - if so, have a fab time ) :cool:

Not sleeping great so am going to spend this weekend lazing around and catching up with sleep :sleepy: (fingers crossed that Tommy and Tuppence don't bring any "presents" home like they have been doing a bit recently!!! :shock: )

Have a good one :heart:
Hi @WestLondonChick

I weighed in this morning and also 1 pound down - slow and steady but hopefully means I will soon be under the 16 stone mark....
It's a funny old day here - my 23 yr old cat has been looking a bit frail and has gone downhill a lot while I have been away this week. She was sick last night and then pretty much collapsed but then recovered a bit. I don't know how much longer she can go on but I am hoping I won't need to take her to the vet as she would get very distressed. I hope she will just go to sleep.....
Anyway - I am fasting again today in anticipation of our meet up tomorrow (cake :grin: ) - feeling hungry so just had a cup of bovril to make a change from coffee.
Don't plan on doing a lot more work today as I have done my hours for the week, need to do some housework as we have some overnight guests tomorrow but that's about it. Just have to decide what to have for my meal tonight :smile:
Will let you know how our meet-up goes tomorrow :heart:
Oh @Madcatlady

I am sorry to hear about your cat - i hope everything works out for the best :heart: 23 is a wonderful age for a cat. When one of my previous cats deteriorated badly with CRF (he was 17), I had to book that dreaded appointment at the vet - it was booked for 4pm and I was just sitting on the bed with him having a cup of tea waiting for my MIL to pick us up and he just went to sleep there next to me....so I totally understand and am sending you big hugs

Well done on the 1lb loss this week - we'll have to keep egging each other on again this week so we keep with it and have good WI results next Friday too

Enjoy your meet-up (and cake!) tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing all about it :heart:
@clairemarieIf you can do a pound a week every week that is tha average (mine is much less) Also as it is your 1st week you are sort of 'turning things around' - without being rude like a tanker turning round - you may still have had a bit of momentum in the opposite direction. I was out for a Thai meal last night for a leaving do from work, we will be having and Indian curry after the concert tonight and tomorrow we are going down to London to the theatre and another Thai meal with a group of old uni friends who are enthusiastic drinkers so Monday's weigh in is looking a bit worrying for me!
Enjoy your weekend and I will see you here on Monday ready for the next fast
Hey @debs So glad the weekend has arrived. Last week just vanished and i have so many unfinished jobs.

I am helping my daughter do some house hunting as she works on a Saturday and i love looking at houses.

anyway 4 days in a row less than 70.5!!!! yippee
Well done you, and starting up the 1kg to go tent.
Needless to say I am nowhere near there and am not doing well currently; the last four days have been a disaster (read it in the scenic tent!) and I am going nowhere fast, or not fast, as the case may be. I need a cunning plan and soon
Hey me too @Juliana.Rivers ive been helping a little with Dd and SIL 's househunting...i love having a nose round other peeps homes,in fact i hurt my back bending down to peer into someones cupboard! They say curiosity killed the cat,it didnt do my back much good either! :lol: :grin:
CandiceMarie wrote: Hey me too @Juliana.Rivers ive been helping a little with Dd and SIL 's househunting...i love having a nose round other peeps homes,in fact i hurt my back bending down to peer into someones cupboard! They say curiosity killed the cat,it didnt do my back much good either! :lol: :grin:

I open cupboards too. I probably shouldnt

Most real estate site show say 4 to 8 photos.. ill come back with about 25 for every house and load them up on dropbox for the kids to take a look. every room from every angle.
Hi @spanner

Boiled two eggs for my 11 mile walk along The Thames tomorrow from Tower Hill to Thames barrier. :bugeyes:

Ok, so the eggs will go in mixed salad to share, fruit and one chocolate each from Xmas. flask of coffee and perhaps a spritzer at the end - in honour of you. :wink:

What are you up to?

Liz xx
Debs wrote: Well done you, and starting up the 1kg to go tent.
Needless to say I am nowhere near there and am not doing well currently; the last four days have been a disaster (read it in the scenic tent!) and I am going nowhere fast, or not fast, as the case may be. I need a cunning plan and soon

Oh dear @Debsyou have been through a bit this week.. big hugs from your buddy here. Just read your posts in the scenic tent, not a tent i've frequented.

Hang in there buddy. There seemed like a lot of good advice for you over there.

Anyone here in the buddy tent, can you give advice for Debs?
How have you been @Debs
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 15 of 61