The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 21 of 61
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 61 Next
@clairemarieYou've gone very quiet today , I hope things are all right. I expect it is getting near eating time for you now - enjoy your chicken and veg. I had my dinner about 3 1/2 hours ago - the effect is beginning to wear off. I shall watch the news and weather , then a cup of almond milk cocoa then bed and book. I'll pop back before then to see if you are around
Night night@clairemarieWe don't seem to have connected much today. Enjoy the rest of your evening and I'll see you Wednesday
Dear@Lil,I am sorry that I was not there for you today and especially when you had the hungry horrors. Ham/bacon and kale sounds really nice. I have been very bad. :oops: :oops: I lost the battle of the fast early in the day today. In the past when this has happened I stop eating, mostly dinner, and try to fast again the next day. Today I decided to just keep it an eating day and fast tomorrow as a make up day. My rational was to eat close to TDEE today and have a proper fast tomorrow...also on the phone with sister in law who just started WW. She is very excited about it. I tried in vain to sell 52 but she wouldn't go for it. Oh well, I am sure she will learn some interesting recipes. Her weigh in will be on Thursday...you probably won't get message until Wed and I will be fasting as well. Again sorry for being such a bad buddy today. :wink:
Sorry it all went wrong for you yesterday @clairemarieDoes that mean you are planning back to back fasts Tuesday and Wednesday I will be at work all day but will pop in early evening before pub quiz to see how you are going on
rawkaren wrote: Hi @Auriga. Fasting Monday today for me. I had a good fast on Saturday and hoping to ADF this week as I travel back to the UK on Thursday and want to feel good. How are you doing?

@auriga. Reporting in to confirm another fast completed!

Have a really good trip back to the UK Karen and good luck with your fasts. I can't fast until tomorrow when my house guests return home and putting on weight like no one's business in the few days we've been feasting. Take care now @rawkaren.
Hello there @juliana.rivers, sorry I'm not a very good buddy as I haven't been a round for a week due to my r&r. Hope you are still heading in the right direction, I feel as though I still have a long way to go and am going around in circles.
Why don't you join me and juliana.river @rebelsue2??
Hey @lizbean

Hope you are having a good day! After a successful fast yesterday I am trying to replicate last weeks good behaviour but have had a tiny hiccup in the shape of one segment of galaxy caramel bar....Other than that I am just having some homemade mushroom, celery and garlic soup - perfect for the cold rainy yorkshire day. I have some strawberries for an afternoon snack and tonight I am having the rest of my peppered mackerel with cauliflower/broccoli in cheese sauce. :smile:

Must try to get some proper exercise in this week but still shattered from the weekend! :sleepy:

Love Spanner xxx
@Lil, yes I am planning a back to back fast to get back in sync. Talk later.
How's it going @clairemarieI hope today is going better than yesterday. I'm just going to have a little rest - work has worn me out - before cooking dinner and then off to the pub and more brain work!
Hi@spanner

Very pleased to hear yesterdays fast day went well for you. You sound like you are back in the 52 routine? And balancing a Cadbury's caramel with your weeks calories, I'm impressed! After your post in Fashionista thread, I'm now looking at the colour blue - apart from jeans it's never been my colour - never say never.......

Err,my fast yesterday went a bit wobbly for the very first time. :confused: Apart from cups of tea I always have my 350-500 cals at dinner time. There was a VERY healthy buffet at work at lunch time and I TOTALLY forgot it was Monday fast day until I started to tuck in!! :doh: So, I had a very nice small bowl of lunch - small piece of salmon and chicken and salads. Problem, I was at a TOTAL loss last evening as preparing a lovely meal on fast day evenings is my reward. To challenge me even further I left my laptop at work - that also keeps me on track on fast day evenings. I've realised how important my 52 routine is for me. So my brain is engaged and ready for Thursday fast.

Yummy strawberries .... I have raspberries in the fridge - great marinated in a teaspoon of Cointreau for a few hours, creme fraiche and a sprinkling of ground almonds.

Ooh, dinner is calling to be made :grin: Middle Eastern filo parcels with salad and above raspberries.

What is your exercise plan? I have read a number of threads, but the first thing for me is to sign up to a local pilates class.

Love Lizbean :cool: x
rebelsue2 wrote: Yum, easter almond cake sounds great!

I dont get to eat cake anymore (gluten free) you'd think that i'd be skinny therefore.... no such luck!

:)

omg after i posted (12 midnight).. i went for more cake. i couldnt stop myself. momentary brain lapse i think. ive kind of hidden the cake in the fridge out of view and i have vowed not to eat it again today. it was a failed fast for me yesterday. just cause of the sugar treat. ill do a "careful day" today today to compensate.

scales said an extra 300g from day before so im not surprised.

Gluten free must be a big challenge for you rebelsue2
Hi @Lizbean

I have surprised myself today by deciding I will do a 4:3 fasting week so Mon/Weds/Fri this week. Willpower is in a good place at the minute and I have woken up feeling determined again. I will miss our usual joint Thursday fast though! :smile:

Re Exercise stuff - I like the idea of Pilates and goodness knows I could do with stretching a bit more and strengthening my core but I find I get quite distracted in the slower paced classes and instead of relaxing I plan to-do lists. I do need to learn to switch off. I like cross-country running with the dog (short distances!! Maybe more like run-walk-run :lol: ) and I also like high impact loud classes like Boxercise. As a back up I have some aerobics DVDs - very 1990s I know- but at least I can do them whenever I have a spare hour.

The 5:2 routine is important to me too and I find that posting on this forum in the morning helps make it real for me.

Right - lots of tea and fizzy water for me. Dinner to be decided!

Have a great day
Love Spanner :heart:
Hi @spanner

Go spanner buddy :like: :clover: I'm cheering you on - good luck with your fast today. :clover: I can hear the determination in your posts, you are on a roll!

I think this week is the start of a yo yo period having lost over the last few weeks. I see a trend emerging, this happened in February. I think it's my body catching up with speedy me.

So go girl, I'll be holding onto your skirt ....... or something like.

Ooh a birthday approaching, when is it, and what plans do you have?

8am, I'm late :shock: catch you soon.

Love Lizbean x
omg after i posted (12 midnight).. i went for more cake. i couldnt stop myself. momentary brain lapse i think. ive kind of hidden the cake in the fridge out of view and i have vowed not to eat it again today. it was a failed fast for me yesterday. just cause of the sugar treat. ill do a "careful day" today today to compensate.

scales said an extra 300g from day before so im not surprised.

Gluten free must be a big challenge for you rebelsue2[/quote]

haha... good luck on your careful day :)

the GF thing is ok most of the time, just eating out can be a total nightmare, i'm going away for some training at the end of the month and the hotel don't have a menu online so i'm stressing about not being able to eat anything. Plan to pack gf snacks and fruit just incase! It is fustrating though, I went to Italy last year, that wasnt much fun!

I basically eat a lot of chicken and veg! Goodness knows how i'm overweight.... :)
oh my abilty to use the quote function is good huh!?

sorry!
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 21 of 61