The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 22 of 61
Previous 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 61 Next
rebelsue2 wrote: oh my abilty to use the quote function is good huh!?

sorry!

hehe

basically if you wanT to reply to a particular post, dont post a reply as such but hit the QUOTE button on RHS of the persons tab.

it automatically sticks
tags in
Hello ladies,
Hope you are going well. I saw your slight wagon slip, Juliana.Rivers, it happens to us all, forget it and move on. Tomorrow is another day!!
I am adjusting to a new camp and job, but managed to fast today, just shoveling down a salad before a very early night!
Damage report @rawkaren is just over a kilo of weight put on whilst enjoying myself with friends. I am really hoping that a lot of it is just water weight.:bugeyes:
I am fasting today in the hope of undoing a bit of the overindulgence. It was nice whilst it lasted. :confused:
Haha, Juliana, that's what I did, but it brought the quote that you'd used too, so it was my quote, then your quote then mine again, i tried to delete the first one but i deleted too much clearly :)

@debs, what is is you do? I keep hearing this "camp" thing, and imaginging you're some sort of boot camp instructor surrounded by army cadets??
Ha ha! No rebelsue, I work on a mine construction site and fly in fly out to stay in the mining camp from the eastern states. The job is near a place in WA called Newman, very hot and dry. I work three weeks up there and have one week off at home.
Good morning @Lil! Why was it so easy to fast the first time around and so tough now? Monday was a flop, Tuesday, I had a can of soup later to find out it was worth 500 cals. and then a very small plate of veg and a little meat. Maybe 800 cals total for the day? This morning I do feel good and not bogged down. Today, as always, I plan to be good. It is not that I feel hungry it is just that I think of food and by 3pm I feel like I am going to have an anxiety attack if I don't eat. Hopefully, I will find a job soon. I have too much time on my hands.
Hi @clairemarieWe are synchonised again. I came to send you a message and got sidetracked looking at the latest evidence aboutthe missing Malaysian plane or we would have been spot on again. 800 not bad for yesterday especially as you are doing back to back. I only did it once and didn't find it too bad but the thought always scares me. All strength to you! After my good result on Monday my weight yesterday and today are up compared with this time last week - just have to wait and see what happens by next Monday. A few crisps got eaten in the pub last night so some of it may be water weight because of the salt. Salty foods seem to be my downfall on normal days now.Not sure what i've been doing all morning - only an hour till it is time to set off for aqua. I am planning a low calorie chicken parmigiana for tonight - I saw the recipe somewhere earlier in the week most probably on this forum. Allegedly 270 calories a serving so room for plenty of veg.
For sure@Lilthat plane is in one of the "stans". When you go to the pub are you a beer or wine drinker? Carbs as well as salt hold on to water.
Auriga wrote: Damage report @rawkaren is just over a kilo of weight put on whilst enjoying myself with friends. I am really hoping that a lot of it is just water weight.:bugeyes:
I am fasting today in the hope of undoing a bit of the overindulgence. It was nice whilst it lasted. :confused:

Oh dear! I'm sure you will get rid of it quickly. As you say, it's probably just water. I'm fasting today but have a headache, so not sure how well I will do. Might be something to do with these 5am starts of mine :curse:
I drink nearly anything@clairemarieMy preferred drink would be a gin and slimline tonic but I go in a group and we have a shared kitty. One of the men has been unemployed for some time and money is tight for them so I don't like to be too extravagent. Last night I had 2 half pints of dry cider and sometimes I have 2 small glasses of wine.
To @rawkaren my buddy.
Did you say the clocks have gone back already in America Karen? I hate the clocks changing and wish they'd leave them alone.
I do hope your headache clears up quickly.....and have you packed for your flight home tomorrow?
@Lilsounds like a nice time. Those extra drink calories do effect the fastwork though.
Debs wrote: Ha ha! No rebelsue, I work on a mine construction site and fly in fly out to stay in the mining camp from the eastern states. The job is near a place in WA called Newman, very hot and dry. I work three weeks up there and have one week off at home.

Ah i see :) sounds hot and difficult!
Being able to go to the pub and have a drink on my non fast days is part of what makes this plan work for me @clairemarieA slower that average weight loss is maybe the price I pay but but I'll go with that
How's your day going?
Hi @Lizbean

So it is nearly 5pm and I am doing well on my second fast of the week. I have been a bit more relaxed today than a normal fasting day, I always give myself a bit of a break when I do a 4:3 week. So I have had an apple and a veggie cuppa soup and tonight it's another portion of the Chorizo and butter bean stew. All-in-all I will come in about 550-600 cals for the day.

Good to hear you are a bit more chilled this week, you have been doing so well with your lack of red wine and low carb, I think a week where the body can catch up is important and it makes this sustainable. I suspect my enthusiasm for alcohol free and low carb days will fade from next week. However very happy to be riding a healthy fasting high right now and hopefully getting nearer to my Easter challenge weight!

Re birthday plans - hubby and I are off for a long weekend in the Lakes. We did look at camping but since it's early April and our tent leaks that is a no! Hoping to get a last minute cheapish cottage, do some walking and nice food out. (more reasons to get the fasting in now!) We are the only ones in our immediate social circle that don't have young kids and at the minute parties are being replaced by nappies and sleepless nights for our friends. So it's just the three of us (Yogi of course) and the Lakeland Fells :smile: I can't wait!!

Right back to work - late finish for me tonight and was supposed to be putting kettle on for us all!!!

Spanner xx
Previous 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 22 of 61