The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 25 of 61
Previous 1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 61 Next
rawkaren wrote:
Auriga wrote: Hello @rawkaren I am thinking of you flying across the pond back home....I hope you have a wonderful weekend...enjoy! :airplane:

Back home @auriga. Safe and sound. 3 fasts this week. A first this year :heart:

Well done there @rawkaren and very pleased to hear that you're home safe & sound.
Now on the Fashionista thread you said you wanted to be a size 8UK this time next year....me too Karen, but no racing you to it this time.... it'll just be congratulations :rose: whoever gets there first Karen. I think it just might take a whole year to get to that from a size 10 too.....slowly does it is best don't you think. :victory:
Good morning/afternoon@Lilit is a sunny 17degree morning. My appetite seems to be under control. I was surprised that I had no wild eating over the weekend. No wild parties either :cry: ! How did things go for you? I'm sure you have a fabulous dinner in mind already.
That's excellent news @Madcatlady :heart: ! :victory: :victory: :victory: You go girl! :cool: :heart:
Good morning @clairemarie My daily weights pver the weekend led me to think I woud have a gain this week so I am delighted to have lost 0.4lb :grin: I definitely seem to be doing better since I buddied up with you. I have been to aquajog and a bit of a swim afterwards. Then into town for a few bits. Bought a Zara top from the sale rail outside a charity shop for £1.25 and another top half price in the supermarket. I dithered over a pair of size 14 purple jeggings but decided they were just too small and that the jegging fashion might have passed by the time they fit!
I presume your 17 degrees is in fahrenheit. We are predicted 10 deg centigrade this afternoon so I will do a bit of gardening. I am planning salmon with watercress sauce, a few new potatoes and veg for dinner tonight - one of our regular fast day dinners. Just remembered I forgot to get the low fat creme fraiche! I will have to improvise
Good work on the weight loss @Lil! :like: Good deal on the top. Is Zara a good brand? Sounds like you have a good dinner planned although I personally think the potato is a bad idea. Carbs are like the Cheshire cat. I would be interested in the recipe for your watercress sauce. I don't see watercress in the grocery here but I did grow some last summer.
@clairemarieZara is a chain of fashion stoes,originally spanish I think. I've never actually been in one but a lot of people rate them. The top is a long sleeved tee shirt - nice soft material and a good fit
I do sometimes have a few small new potatoes with my dinner. When I was doing the GI diet new potatoes were 'OK' - 66 cals for 100gms. I cook them with the skins on. My watercress sauce is a bit different each time. I cook up a bunch of watercress with some chopped onion (about half) and some garlic. I add half a stock cube. I blitz it then thicken with about 3 teaspoons of cornflour ( this is for 2 of us) I then sometimes add a bit of low fat creme fraiche or yoghurt to make it a bit more creamy. I weigh everything and count the calories so it is a bit different each time but not too many cals and nice over the fish and veg. I do like a bit of sauce or gravy on my dinner and need to be watchful of the calories added.
As regards the missing plane at least it should begin to give some closure for the relatives
@LilI love long sleeved cotton T also. Is it tunic length? Not trying to be pushy about carbs because I remember in a previous post you said you cut them down. But, today is a fastday. And its not so much the cal count as the carb. All calories are not created equal. Your body will use fat first and store the carb. Right on your abdomen. :wink:
@lil, @Clairemarie. Love, love Zara and their model of frequently changing stock depending upon what is selling. Great value normally and some fabulous designs.

@Auriga. Have been quite good since I got home. First time I felt 'normal' in 10 weeks and I can feel all of the nasties coming out of my system. Fasting today. You?
Hello @Lizbean

It's Monday again and after a hectic weekend I am back in the zone!

It's definitely not going to be a 4:3 week this week or next - back to Monday/Thurs fasts for me! I feel a bit of maintaining is likely this week, it's much harder to get weight off when you are close to target and yes it is only 3.3lbs or 1.5kg left to go!!

Before that though is my Easter Challenge which is looking hopeful - anything below 60kg for me so just a mere 500g and I can give myself a pat on the back!! (Hopefully) :smile:

Finding todays cold weather is making me hungry. :starving: It was -2 when I got up at 6.20am today and it is still freezing in the shade. Been to work this morning but now trying to fill my afternoon off with productive things - taken the dog for an 8 mile bike ride which kept me warm. Have now washed the dog and the bike and having a cuppa before blitzing the house.

Hopefully a fairly early dinner if the hubby gets home at a decent time - mackerel plus asparagus wrapped in bacon and some other veg. Mmmmmmmm!

Right bathroom tiles here I come.....

Hope your day is flying by!
Spanner x
Hi @clairemarie The Top just covers my belly. It has dark green and white stripes. I have a pair of dark green skinny jeans that I have just grown down to - should look nice with them.
I take your point about the carbs. I got a little excercised a bit ago with all the low carb high fat advice going around. I am still pretty scared of fat. Anyway I decided I have been doing this a long time and what I am doing is working in a way that is satisfactory to me so I am going to stick with it. I do find a little bit of carb does make a meal more satisfying which sees me through the evening. I like to use pulses if I can but tonight it will just be plain fish and green veg. It will only be 2 or 3 very small potatoes - and only if the cals allow
rawkaren wrote: @lil, @Clairemarie. Love, love Zara and their model of frequently changing stock depending upon what is selling. Great value normally and some fabulous designs.

@Auriga. Have been quite good since I got home. First time I felt 'normal' in 10 weeks and I can feel all of the nasties coming out of my system. Fasting today. You?

Hello @rawkaren and I am so pleased that you are feeling much improved by being home :victory: . I am doing ADF for two weeks and today isn't a fast day, but I don't think I shall be eating a great deal. We are going on a short break soon to friends in Buckinghamshire (we will be wined and dined) so we need to be really good before then. I don't seem to be losing very much lately but so long as I can maintain I am quite happy. I want to lose a little more but I am in no hurry at the moment.
Yes@Lil I do know what you mean about the fats. It really is confusing. My mother died of a massive heart attack thirty years ago with no history. The whole ordeal was very shocking and she did have high cholesterol per autopsy report. She was a big meat, potato ad margarine eater. I swore red meat and fats off way back then and replaced with pasta, rice and bread also chicken, and olive oil. Well I blew up like a balloon. I also had high triglycerides. From what? I ate little to no fat. I also had two separate episodes of blot clots(like Moogie) but I required surgery. As everyone else on the forum does I experimented with foods once starting 52. So far I know if I rid my diet of the white carbs my stomach goes down. I have also discovered how protein poor my diet was so I am working to improve that. As for fats, butter, evoo and coconut oil. At one point I blamed the olive oil but I am beginning to doubt that...we all find our own way as genetically we are different...I do not know the right answer but neither does science I'm afraid. So for now if I am losing weight and feeling energetic then show me the fat baby.
Also@LilI forgot to say the idea of 52 fasts is spot on in my opinion because we just eat too much food. Less is better. My grandfather had only a quarter of his stomach due to ulcers. For the majority of his life he ate jarred baby food. He lived to 104.

I have also added a daily ginger tea to my diet to fight inflammation. I find that I like it because it peps me up but is also soothing.

Are you wearing your green outfit to the pub quiz tonight?
Pub quiz is tomorrow @clairemarieMaybe I will give it an airing. Well we've had our dinner - I'm up to 336 cals for the day so far so maybe a few raspberries later and my almond milk cocoa.
I quite often have ginger tea - it is quite warming - just finished a box of three ginger tea by Pukka today - do you get their teas in the staes? I also have lemon and ginger and lime and ginger. In fact I have a large collection of various teas. When I first started 5:2 it was a bit of a compulsion. Just trying to get through the tea mountain these days.
How are you getting on today - coming up to your difficult time again I think. Are you going to split your meal again like you did last week?
Previous 1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 25 of 61