The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 26 of 61
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 61 Next
Hi@Lilyes todays plan was to split the meal like last week. I was not at all hungry or preoccupied with the thought of food at lunchtime but the last fast went so well I did not want to tempt fate. My main goal has been to reduce my overall weekly portions and to banish the carbs forever. It is not an easy task but I am getting there. My first experience with 52 was easier than this round but I am finding the noon/6p protein makes a world of difference. I have made ginger tea with the root and lime which was nice. Then I purchased a box of lemon/ginger to which I use a tsp of honey which is also very nice(the honey me thinks). The only herbal teas I have tried are mint, orange spice and the ginger. As for black I love Irish tea but the price would kill you. I now buy Tetley British blend which has a great flavor. I am loving the idea of herbals as you don't need the milk. I will look around for your brand and try but it will be a bit of a scavenger hunt.
You're on the home straight now@clairemarieSounds like it's going pretty well for you again. Maybe just taking a while to get into the swing of it again.
Other teas I enjoy are fruit flavoured green tea - mango and lychee is my favourite, mint tea, redbush, usually with a drop of milk and camomile. The last I drink if I have a sleepless spell in the middle of the night which is pretty often. I get up, have a drink and do puzzles to try and sedate my brain.
Well I am now off to try and get some sleep. See you on Wednesday
Thanks @spanner

Well done for getting in the fast day zone today!

Many people do talk about slowing down as they approach their goal, plus there is no rush. If I maintain I'll have surpassed my Easter challenge - cool.

I've just left a post in today's fast thread. I was ambushed (honest!) so I planned to join you on Wed/Fri fast but as you are fasting Mon/Thurs this week I'll revert to Tues/Thurs - probably better to get back on track asap.

Ooo, it's midnight - dashing to bed :sleepy:

I hope you are snug and warm.

Love Lizbeanx
Morning @Lizbean

Rubbish news about the ambushing!! It makes me very grouchy when people don't understand what you are doing and dismiss it as a fad or unhealthy!! Or just when people put pressure on you to eat something when you don't want it!

I am lucky that two of my work colleagues also do the 5:2 diet, in fact it was one of them that got me started on the whole thing. Plus they have seen the weight slowly come off me and that I eat plenty on non fast days!!! The worst fast day I had at work was one with a free pizza lunch. The sight and smell of five Dominos pizzas and garlic bread was enough to make my stomach rumble like a train!!

Yes back to Monday/Thursday fasts this week - have lunch and evening drinks plans for Friday so will never manage that day and I cannot do back-to-back fasts during the week. Good luck with today, that is the beauty of 5:2 - there is always tomorrow!!

I have made a parsnip, ginger and chilli soup for lunch for the next two days - hoping it will boost my metabolism a bit and determined to get some exercise too!!

Happy fasting :clover:

Spanner x
Here we go again @clairemarie I hope Monday ended up well for you and you are raring to go today. I have hubby at home today because the school where he works as a tutor is closed because of industrial action by the teachers. Not so much wasting time at the computer for me today. Looking a bit miserable for gardening so far.
@LilWhat do you mean 'wasting time at the computer'? LOL. Guess the reality is we could get much more exercise in for some body part other than the fingers! It is a nasty March day here as well. Is it a money issue with the teachers?...Mon was a success, and took a sneak peek on the scale Tues am, yippee! I hope that number shows up again on Friday. Today I feel hungry. Boo Hoo, I was going to just do dinner today. We shall see....
Hi@clairemarie Good news re the scales and glad you are on board again today. I've just got back from aqua - more thirsty that hungry at the moment. Try a salty drink to stave off the hunger. I may have a little nap as I woke at 5.30 this morning. I do have a problem with sleep. As I was driving home there was an item on the radio about a new package for on line/do it yourself CBT for insomnia. I will investigate...
I am planning a chicken,chorizo and butter bean stew for dinner tonight. Comes at 368 cals but I may reduce the oil in it to allow for more veggies. What are you having? Tuna??????
Hey there@LilI have already had a grapefruit.96 cals. Last night I made a veg type spaghetti sauce for my grandson. I think I will cook some zucchini in the leftover sauce. It is so cold, grey and windy today that I need something hot. You might think I'm crazy but I hid a can of tune in my room so grandson doesn't cry for it. I must have my emergency stash.
I think something hot sounds a better idea than salad if the weather's not good
Well I am now fed @clairemarieVery nice dinner - will probably do it again sometime. I hope you have managed to banish your hunger pangs and are keeping strong :shutmouth:
I'm going to catch up on Coronation street - my favourite soap - not sure if it has made it to the states - has been going for more than 50 years but is probably particularly British
Just about the end of the day for you@Lil. How did your fast go? Sorry about your sleep issues there seems to be a lot of folks out there with the same problem. Has melatonin helped at all?
Little early for my dinner yet. Today I ended up with grapefruit for breakfast,96 cals, apple with a little salt, 80 cals and dinner zucchini in tomato sauce, I'll guesstimate 100 cal cause I'm going to add some cheese. Low on the protein today but my kidneys will be happy. Might fit in hot chocolate before bed. Have a goodnight. Ah ha I just tried to send you a message at the same time! I can get that program on HULU. Should I start from years ago or just jump in on the current?
We can't get melatonin in this country@clairmarieBecause I only work 2 days a week now it is no so much of a problem as I often get up quite late on my non working days.
As regards Corrie probably best just jump in - like all soaps there are always new story lines starting. Recently various of the stars have been caught up in scandals and have been suspended so are ' spending time with relatives abroad' I like it because there are quite humorous episodes between some of the older characters and not as many 'dramas' as some other soaps. The people who live in the street do seem to be particularly unlucky tho! :bugeyes:
@Lilthe latest episode I can get is mid Sept13 so I quess I will start to watch tonight. I'm glad I don't have that problem but I do hear that it's important to keep the same routine and no lights(like your alarm clock). How about lavender or a warm tub before bedtime? Sometimes my grandson has sleep issues. I make him get into bed, close his eyes, and think about his toes relaxing and sleeping then his ankles,knees etc. It is a relaxtion technigue.
I don't usually have a problem getting off to sleep. I usually need to get up for a pee and then my mind just seems to wake up and I find it dificult to stop thinking about stuff - not paticularly stressful things just 'stuff'. I am always hopeful that I will get beak to sleep which I occasionally do, sometimes I get up and have a camomile tea and do some puzzles
just having some cocoa with my homemade almond milk - think I may stick to the shop bought in the future! And now I'm off to bed. Good luck for your weigh in on Friday@clairemarie :crossed:
Oh@Lil I know what you mean. I started that annoying problem since the beginning of menopause. Even if you don't have something to drink after 6p you still have to get up. I go right back unless I am fighting hot pillows and blankets only to freeze to death minutes later. Instead of thinking try feeling how tired you are. :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 26 of 61