The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 40 of 61
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 61 Next
Had my dinner now@clairemarie although I have left a bit to have later - it is a very big plate of food for 355cals! Time for aa bit of Corrie I think !
We each have to do it the way that suits us but for me food wins out over shakes I am afraid. I see you have got back to where you were when you gave up 5:2 last October - new territory all the way now.
@Liljust finished Corrie May 9 episode. Yes its different for all. I use shakes quite a bit for breakfast. The idea of using them for lunch and dinner on fast day just occurred to me. I will try it and see how it works out. I really feel that my walking is what is going to make the difference. As for Oct weigh in, I just can't understand how it is I'm not past that 174 mark yet. It cannot be a plateau because I was off 52 for 4 months and I still have plenty of weight to lose. Fat is stubborn sticky yickey stuff. Too bad there isn't a liquid dishlike detergent to drink and make my insides squeaky clean.
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself@clairemarie If you think how long it took to put on that weight ( since October) you have lost it much quicker and you're going in the right direction now.
I've finished my curry, had some strawberries for a change and am off to bed with a decaf
Enjoy your last shake. I will pop in on Friday to see how you get on with your weigh in
Dear all,

I m here quite some time but started seriously 5:2 from April.
I would like to have (a) weight loss buddy/twin, who has similar goals, height and weight. We can support each other and share tips in our journey. Thanks

I m 34, female
CW - 134 / 60.5kg
GW - 118 / 53.5kg
Height - 5.2" /157.5cm
fasting days : Monday / Friday

mother of 3 years old. Desk job, no time for exercise. Clean eater.

I will be more than happy if I get more buddy then one :lol: :lol:
:curse: @Lil, I woke up this morning very swollen and aching everywhere. Weighed in at 180 that is a six lb gain this week. I would say there are several reasons for this. One, my new walking routine which has awoken every leg muscle including the glutes and hip joints. Two, I started the plank challenge tthis week as well and all the muscles in my shoulder girdle and sternal area are on fire. Three, I was in carb heaven yesterday. Four, all my Mothers Day treats. I am sure the weight will correct itself in a couple of days. Have a good weekend and see you Monday. :wink:
So sorry to hear that you are suffereing @clairemarie :cry: As you say that cannot be 6lbs of fat whatever you have done or not done this week. My libra trend weight has reached my interin target for the last couple of days but I will wait and see what monday shows before beleiving it. I have spent the morning in the garden and will be going out again shortly. The trouble is there is so much to do I keep getting distracted.
I hope all your aches and pains are better this morning @clairemarieand you are ready for a good fast. After good daily weigh ins last week as I feared this morning my weight is up 0.2lb on last week :curse: Looks like I am never going to get to that interim target! My fat % however is down slightly. I have done a lot of gardening over the weekend so maybe I've put on a bit of muscle :?: . We were out for a friend's birthday meal on Saturday but apart from that a fairly unremarkable weekend. I donate blood last Thursdau but I wouldn't have thought that would make much difference. Oh well just got to keep going.
Next weekend we are going away as it is yet another bank holiday weekend in this country. We are going up to Newcastle upon Tyne in the north east which is where I was brought up. We are having a get together with my 2 sisters and there is also going to be a little reunion of some of my old school mates. Not sure how next Monday's fast will go - depends when we set off back home.
I'll speak to you again later
Hello @Lilsorry to hear about the gain. It could be some inflammation due to carbs. Have you thought of doing 4:3 once and awhile just to fool your body a bit? I am still very sore in the right shoulder probably my plank form is incorrect. I am in for the fast today. My weight went down from Friday 180 to 176.5 so I definitely have gained. We could get down on ourselves but what will that achieve? Let's throw a 4:3 in the mix once a month.

Interesting news story this a.m. Girl called in a bomb threat to a college commencement ceremony to cover up the fact from her parents that she was not graduating. Apparently the parents paid for her education but she never attended! Crazy huh?
How's your day going@clairemarie I've been feeling a bit weary today - hubby abandoned ship during the night as I was (allegedly) snoring. He got his revenge by not switching his alarm off ! I was going to go out in the garden again but it never happened. I have got on with some of the clothes altering.
We've had Pan Haggerty from the hairy dieters book tonight. It is a traditional dish from the north east of England although we never had it when I was a child.
Not sure I am up for 4:3. Although I get a bit down with slow weight loss I think any more than 5:2 would feel too much like a diet to me and might lead to things going a bit haywire on my normal days. I can pop in and cheer you on tho' if you decide to do an extra day and I promise not to talk about food too much.
@Lildid a quick google on pan haggerty and sounds very much like irish dish colncannon. I do trust you but it doesn't seem to be a fast day dish. I am very fond of it especially with lots of melting butter. :cry: I am feeling very blue today and I don't know why. And I think your husband was very kind to let you sleep instead of the elbow. As you know I find 24 hr fast tough but in your case I really think 43 once in awhile will shake up your weight loss. Our body acclimates itself to our habits so keep on its toes! you have done very well and you are very self disciplined (I'm envious)so if not 43 then :cry: ore exercise. Do you do any resistive exercise?
@clairemarieThe pan haggerty was a diet version - no fats in it except a spray of the pan to start with. It did have some potato in that I know you would disapprove of :shock: We had it with broccoli and leeks - I'm up to 375 cals so far today.
My husband apparently only moved out after nudging etc failed to make any impact :razz:
I am sorry to hear you are feeling sad today - have you got any Corrie to catch up on - that often cheers me up and distracts me from thinking about food.
Are you on your bone broth again today?
I'M off to bed now @clairemerie Got to catch up on some sleep. Just had some raspberries and I am having some bouillon as a bedtime drink rather than a milky one
As regards 4:3 I just think I would hammer the bad things on non fast days. Are you going to give it a try?
See you on Wednesday.....
:grin: @LilI am going to put that cookbook on my wish list.
As you know I do love carbs but I am sensitive to them. You are lucky that you can control them. Seems to me @Zamale and her OH had the same problem with sleep. I wonder how it worked out.

So I need to honest and confess my sins now. :oops: I ate 7 doughnuts on Saturday. Todays fast consisted of one protein shake, 4 doughnuts and turnip greens, chicken and mac n cheese. Perhaps this happened due to my mental status. Needless to say I am not very happy with myself considering all the walking and starving etc. But I will recoup.

SIL has been on WW and lost 23lbs in nine weeks. She eats everything on a rice cake. Not for me. But I see her determination and wonder where mine went.
Wishing you a bon nuit@Lil. I suppose I should strive to have a true 36hr fast first.
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 40 of 61