The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 41 of 61
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 61 Next
Oh Dear @clairemarie :bugeyes: Being sad does make you want to eat. Still you now need to put it behind you and go forwards and don't let any more doughnuts darken your door.
Good Luck for Wednesday :clover:
hi @debs and @rebelsue2, how's things with you two.. sorry for my absence in this thread. bit of a crazy time.
hi @Juliana.Rivers and @Debs

I've been absent too, Long story short, I got notice to leave my rented flat at the end of April and I spent 2 frantic weeks looking at other places before deciding it was too expensive, so i've then moved in with a pal and am saving to buy a place (hopefully wont take too long), but that's taken about a month to get that all sorted! Finally moved and settled last week!

Eating wise i've been fine, I tried to kick start some loss by doing a 2 day juice fast with a normal fast day either side of it, but I don't think it really did anything! However, I've used my pals scales and not mine, and the floor is really bumpy in the bathroom there, they're telling me i've gained 6 lbs overnight and it's stayed on all week, which is impossible. So I did a fast last night and checked again this morning and yep, still 6lb heavier (i'm usually at least 2lbs lighter the morning after a fast). So I am assuming that they give around the same reading on that bumpy floor every time....

Tonight i'll dig mine out and find a bit of floor that is flat and try again in a few days to get something accurate. As I was trying to lose about 4-5 lbs before my holiday mid-June. Can't see it happening now, but i've no idea how much I weigh currently!

Apart from that i've started the 30 day shred again and i'm still trying to get some runs in (gym this afternoon) so it's all go here!

how are you both??

Edit: just checked my own scales this morning and i'm still the same weight (the heavier one) hoping its just water retention from the 30DS plus the humid weather, but geez it's like 4-6lb heavier than I was 2 weeks ago, and i've still been fasting, so that's basically impossible! Stupid body!
Just a re cap from that sleep dilemma I now have.

My husband either is snoring louder than ever since gaining 10 kg, stopped long distance cycling, hence weight gain and increased decibels on snoring. grrrh!!!

Or, I am in a bee ach of a menopause and end up in a night sweat and an inability to sleep.

I use hubbys c pap, he won't use it, he ended up with infected pimples from the mask and this was with the cotton shields worn between skin and mask.

The sound is lovely on the c pap and does drown the freight train sound , but I can wake and he is louder than the c pap, dont know then if its my meno pause saying hello or he is really loud.

He sleeps on the couch, sometimes.

I dont like it much when he comes in after 1 am, it disrupts me and then we won't sleep either.

He is on view bug till 2.30am sometimes, so its better he sleeps in the spare room.

He is currently on night shift making chocolate, so I am getting a blissful sleep.

Cant say what chocolate he makes, I mentioned the brand on another forum and he got worried about his job. Its just a regular bar type chocolate.
Did I kill this thread, Oh shoot, I hope not. Its been more than a day. Drat
Morning @clairemarie Are you ready for another fast? I had a bit of a slow start today but I have been to the supermarket and will shortly be off to aqua. Weather still quite good here but not looking so good for the weekend. I am sending you some anti- carb vibes. I notice there are a couple of new threads on the forum that may be of interest to you about starting again and how not to fall off the wagon.See you later!
How's my favourite fasting buddy today, did you have a good flight @rawkaren? :airplane: :airplane:
@Lil as it is Wed I do intend on fasting. Every fast day I intend to fast to 6pm. I guess it's a matter of no self discipline. I just finished making a pitcher of green tea for the day so that's good. I have worked through my physical kinks so am up for walking and exercise. I am on day 8 of the plank challenge and day 2 of the squat challenge. If I never lose a pound at least I will be healthy. Made a big pot of turkey cabbage soup last night so that will be dinner.

Things are not too happy at home at the moment so that has contributed to my carbfest. I know better but I just didn't care at the time. Self comfort with food is all in the mind. I suppose it's why some people don't eat or purge it etc. It's a way to have power over what I cannot control. Good thing today is a brand new day!

What's on your menu for tonight? Nice to go back to visit childhood neighborhood. So many happy memories at least for me, and interesting what has changed and what has not.
Hi @clairemarie I'm struggling a bit with the new look forum. Couldn't get on for a while but I'm here now. I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I do think a nice bowl of soup will be more satisfying that a smoothie - only my opinion. We are having pork loin steaks which I am marinading in soy, garlic and ginger together with ratatouille and celeriac chips and maybe one more veg.
I was thinking about what you said about resistive exercise. I only do aqua but the water does give some resistance and we also do exercises with foam rubber tubes which we move around under the water so I think that is resistive.
I am going out to a card selling party tonight . My friend who is holding it has just rung and said she has some wine in - I've told her I am fasting. She is a WW member so there are always diet drinks available at her house.
No word from you @clairemariemaybe you are having trouble with the new forum. Mine is working fine now. Just got back from ny friend's house - she let me down on the diet drink front so I have been on plain water all evening!
I hope today has gone better for you - enjoy your supper
Better late than never @Lil. .Very difficult getting on the new forum. I had a great fast day today. Truthfully I was not hungry at 6p but I ate anyway, soup. I completed my plank and squats for the day, too.

Aquacize is very good especially with arthritis. How many days per week?

I am going to try a Friday fast this week. I would have gone for the wine just to combat any cortisol weight gain :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rebelsue2 wrote: hi @Juliana.Rivers and @Debs

I've been absent too, Long story short, I got notice to leave my rented flat at the end of April and I spent 2 frantic weeks looking at other places before deciding it was too expensive, so i've then moved in with a pal and am saving to buy a place (hopefully wont take too long), but that's taken about a month to get that all sorted! Finally moved and settled last week!

Eating wise i've been fine, I tried to kick start some loss by doing a 2 day juice fast with a normal fast day either side of it, but I don't think it really did anything! However, I've used my pals scales and not mine, and the floor is really bumpy in the bathroom there, they're telling me i've gained 6 lbs overnight and it's stayed on all week, which is impossible. So I did a fast last night and checked again this morning and yep, still 6lb heavier (i'm usually at least 2lbs lighter the morning after a fast). So I am assuming that they give around the same reading on that bumpy floor every time....

Tonight i'll dig mine out and find a bit of floor that is flat and try again in a few days to get something accurate. As I was trying to lose about 4-5 lbs before my holiday mid-June. Can't see it happening now, but i've no idea how much I weigh currently!

Apart from that i've started the 30 day shred again and i'm still trying to get some runs in (gym this afternoon) so it's all go here!

how are you both??

Edit: just checked my own scales this morning and i'm still the same weight (the heavier one) hoping its just water retention from the 30DS plus the humid weather, but geez it's like 4-6lb heavier than I was 2 weeks ago, and i've still been fasting, so that's basically impossible! Stupid body!

Hi @rebelsue2and @debs

Keep at it rebelsue.. im sure your body will respond soon enough. Do you ever get the munchies on feast days? Maybe just maybe you are doing good on fast days and slipping on feast days.

I too have been busy. Distracted by work projects and my kitchen project just about completed. Everything in place but the rangehood cover (why do they make them so long!) and the custom bifold door. Love love love kitchen. If i can make great food in the old shabby kitchen for 20 years (small space, broken stove, very dark, dingy corner cupboards with wasted space, tiles falling off) think of what i can do in this shiny sparkly one. This kitchen was 4 years in the planning. and 2 months in the doing. Kitchen man suggested a white/grey/stainless steel colour palette when originally was doing the black counter tops with and red splash back. Thank God i took his advise. With 9 downlights and those cute under cupboard led lights and some pendant lights, i need sunglasses at night.

Loving that ive changed my fast days to non-weekends so i have 2 days to try out all the baking recipes i collected and just yesterday uncovered the mixmaster (red) and gave it a real polish. looks stunning on the counter top and itching to be used. Black forest gateau (4 layers) is what im planning though i see 10 very ripe bananas looking to be turned into 2 banana loaves. Ive been using a tiny oven in last 2 years so it will be great to double up all my baking so i can make 2 at the same time.

Perhaps because of the kitchen i haven'y been cooking as much last two month and with not as big an appetite,... also stopped binging on things like candied ginger and milo!. Aanyway i see a lot of 69s on the scales and never 71s so chuffed and hope to reach my ultimate weight goal by Christmas. Yes, December 25.. i dont mind taking it slow. If people will let me im hoping to organise the Christmas challenge her on the forum as it really kept me focussed last year.

debs.. yooo hooo

cheers
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a fasting buddy. I really need some accountability. I started 4:3 just after Easter, haven't lost any weight due to binging on my feast days...sigh...anyway, been sick this week and couldn't face fasting so I have had a week off. Getting back into 4:3 next week. I am going to be really careful on my feed days. As my name suggests : - I will battle on, and on, and on.

So I'm really nice and funny and would love a buddy or 3 soooo... please choose me!!

PS. is this the right place to put this?
battleon77 wrote: Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a fasting buddy. I really need some accountability. I started 4:3 just after Easter, haven't lost any weight due to binging on my feast days...sigh...anyway, been sick this week and couldn't face fasting so I have had a week off. Getting back into 4:3 next week. I am going to be really careful on my feed days. As my name suggests : - I will battle on, and on, and on.

So I'm really nice and funny and would love a buddy or 3 soooo... please choose me!!

PS. is this the right place to put this?

hello hopefully someone will join up with you

this is the right place @battleon77.. ill copy your request there

fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/fast-diet-buddies-tent-is-now-up-t11260.html
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 41 of 61