The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 21 of 65
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
03 Apr 2014, 20:14
I blinkin love that dress @Winsome and so nice to put a face to your name. Thanks.
03 Apr 2014, 20:26
Oh Sian @SianS you look wonderful. Size 10? Well done you! The colour is just gorgeous and really suits you. Good choice xx

Bean :starving:
03 Apr 2014, 20:30
Wow @Winsome Great outfit you look amazing and yes so very slim, the 3 pins would never make my hair look that good wet or dry. :shock:
03 Apr 2014, 20:36
carieoates wrote: Oooh @SianS I have a couple of things to say about this.

1. Fantastic, size 10
2. That colour is amazing on you
3. The detail on the shrug sleeves is beautiful
4. Floral is bang on this summer fashion
5. Luv your phone case and you've Uploaded a picture
Wow
That's all :oops:

:heart: Ditto all Caroline said
Size 10!!! You look great Sian love the colour. :clover:
03 Apr 2014, 21:55
Too many to mention, but you're all looking fantastic.
04 Apr 2014, 07:41
@Winsome only just realised you had posted yr pic! You look wonderful! Lovely dress too x
04 Apr 2014, 08:07
Sian, you are looking good, the colours are lovely and really suit you,

Ballerina x :heart:
04 Apr 2014, 12:06
My order from Macy's came today - incredible fast but utterly disappointing. The capri pants was too large (now that is good) did not look like the pic on the web but very frumpish and the silk blend cardigan fitted badly too. The leopard scarf was not what I though I bought, but I will keep it since it will go well with my black wooly coat...The stuff did look like any cheap Swedish mail order = :pissedoff:

Well I do at least have my 50tyish sunglasses...
04 Apr 2014, 12:16
Oh! How disappointing @Wolfie. I hate it when mail order stuff is not what I expected - it's such a pain having to package it all up and arrange to return it.

I had a trawl through Oxfam yesterday and came away with a nice little skirt in 'cargo pant' material and style (a 'cargo skirt' if you will) with small godets to make it 'flippy' that was from Dorothy Perkins. It will look nice for casual summer wear, and goes nicely with a soft jersey stripy T-shirt from Next with notch neck and long sleeves. Both size 10 though the skirt is a little loose on the waist, and for the grand sum of £7.98 for both. Just need the weather to warm up now. Though I'm already wearing the skirt with leggings and boots. :grin:
04 Apr 2014, 12:19
Just stuck my nice in here. Lovely to 'see' you @Winsome, you look gorgeous!!
Love the outfit SianS!
I shall keep an eye out as I am obviously missing out here!
04 Apr 2014, 13:07
Oh dear, I'm not really sure I should be allowed in here! Am clearly not a "fashionista" because I have never heard of "East"!!!!! Coast, yes, but not East!

Anyway, before I shuffle out, all embarrassed, backwards......may I just say how very lovely you both look, @SianS and @Winsome! You must be so chuffed to see yourselves in the mirror!

I really love looking at inspirational posts like yours.....it totally gives me hope!

A quick pick of your brains if you please: are the any clothes brands you would recommend for typically pear shaped women - dress wise? I need to buy a couple of dresses very shortly for some daytime events I am going to.....so who most understands lumpy bits these days on the UK high street....please!?

Many thanks!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
04 Apr 2014, 13:17
Welcome @hazelnut20. I'm a pear too. I keep things simple on the bottom half and put more effort into tops, accessories and shoes. Dresses are the toughest but M&S, Phase 8 and Hobbs are all good for pears. Here is a quick style guide I found...

http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-styl ... haped-body

Dont forget the spanx (or equivalent.....)
04 Apr 2014, 13:26
Thanks so much @rawkaren - that was really helpful! X

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
04 Apr 2014, 13:53
Have you seen the What size am I? site: http://sizes.darkgreener.com/ where you put in your measurements and it tells you which size you are in which shops for dresses, trousers and tops. It will help you to know which shops' dresses are likely to fit your proportions.

It seems that most shops do not cater for hourglass or even pear shapes. I find dresses tricky as I have the same size bust as hips and narrow waist so most dresses are too tight on the bust and too loose on the waist if they fit my hips.
04 Apr 2014, 14:06
That's funny, I'm a pear shape and I just about always wear dresses or skirts, I find they fit so much better than trousers do! I do tend to get either dresses with a full skirt or some stretch though as otherwise I have the too tight round the bum/thigh area issue...

Izzy - I am sure you look much better than you feel you do :frown:
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 21 of 65