The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 23 of 65
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
06 Apr 2014, 09:02
@Izzy please don't ever stop your bletherin' because you are just SO good at it, glad to hear you sounding a bit more positive, the wet fish can now stand down.......for the moment :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
06 Apr 2014, 18:45
Minumonline, love the shoes!

Izzy, you are a lovely and very supportive person. Be as nice to yourself as you are to others, please.

I had lots of compliments this weekend on my outfits, that was nice :grin: One outfit was the one you've all seen, the other was another favourite dress and cute shoes. It's nice to have a different style to others :smile:
06 Apr 2014, 20:10
Free for all @Izzy But sadly not a stampede - we didn't make too much money. I experimented with setting up a £1 rail, and picked out the better stuff for it, and it was quite successful.

I was very pleased with my finds - spent £6 despite the low prices :grin:
06 Apr 2014, 21:50
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( :heart: )))))))))))))))))))))))))) for @izzy no wet fish for you dear one just lotsa hugs. Big Trinny and Suzanne fan here as they gave me my fashion sense back. I had fallen into a dowdy hole and didn't think I could look good again. So many simple tips and ideas for my shape. I got a couple of their books and I have to say they are classics. Especially the one "Dress to your body shape". Also they extoll the virtues of colour.

@rawkaren totally agree that spending your money and time finding good tops is well worth the effort. Nothing like a good Op, Charity shop or Jumble Sale find. As said by Izzy recycling at its best, win win, being kind to the planet and bring the bargain buy home give it a good wash or two, fix up buttons and clips add a scarf lovely shoes and and statement bag and you can go anywhere. Also building your new wardrobe can be your next project just for you. Spend time finding your shape, what suits your shape. I can walk into a store now and hone in on what suits me so I don't waste as much money.

Great pics thanks for sharing you're inspiring us and looking so good
06 Apr 2014, 22:07
Raising the stakes now. I bought these yesterday to 'motivate' me into good fasting. However I now have the fear......
07 Apr 2014, 07:51
rawkaren wrote: Raising the stakes now. I bought these yesterday to 'motivate' me into good fasting. However I now have the fear......

Wow Karen very nice + very sexy OH will love them :shock:
@rawkaren
07 Apr 2014, 08:09
@rawkarenFear?? I'd have the screaming terrors! :shock:

Seriously though, they are very sexy little numbers. Just remember that they are an incentive not a stick to beat yourself with if you have a bad day :cool:
07 Apr 2014, 16:58
Hi Fashionistas!
@Merlin and @Carieoates sent me over here from the "events" tent. Can I pick you brains? I have lovely new curves, but still a few wobbly bits. Im 40 and mother of 3. We have a family church event on in May. I am sick of being 40 and frumpy and want to dress up to show off my curves a bit, but keep my upper arms and over generous cleevage hidden. My legs are probably my best bits with all the running. I am thinking Aintree without a hat! I was looking at this

My sis thinks its really trashy. She was laughing and couldnt believe I actually liked it. Have you any ideas on how I can look funky not frumpy without being trashy?
07 Apr 2014, 17:03
I really like it but I suspect it is a bit too short for a church event. (I had to open the image in a new window to see the front view). Would definitely wear it to a non-church party though! But as I'm in my 50s and not a fashionista don't pay any attention to me!
07 Apr 2014, 17:03
If you have the self confidence to wear it, then wear it and be proud and happy, hope you enjoy the function

07 Apr 2014, 17:23
Is it just adults, if yes go for it, but .......with more mature and very young people there you may feel self confident and a bit awkward when you have to bend down to sort your little people out.

Maybe lower shoes will make it appear to be longer in length.

I'd wear it to the races, and on holiday abroad that's for sure, now that my knees aren't so fat.
07 Apr 2014, 18:39
I wouldn't call it trashy, but I wouldn't wear it to a church event, unless that event was a beach or pool party. I'd totally wear it to a pool party or a nightclub.

If your legs are your best asset, then wear a miniskirt! :-)

On a side note - I remember Rawkaren gushing over that British designer, Peter Pilotto at Target, and today I bought myself one of his miniskirts
http://www.target.com/p/peter-pilotto-f ... A-14963542

It was only $10.38 which is right up my alley. And I love black and white. I figure this will go in the suitcase for my Paris trip :-) I was tempted to buy a really cute dress
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/351015493358?lpid=82
But it's one size smaller than I am, and I'm not sure where I would actually wear it.
07 Apr 2014, 18:48
Scuba chick - I think it's dead sexy. But.....do churchgoing people approve of dead sexy? Hmmm, not easy at all. But as someone said - a miniskirt or slim pants topped with a knitted (you know thick uneven yarn and not dense at all) with a scowled neck that delightfully innocently slides of the shoulder at times? And those shoes...oh yeah.
07 Apr 2014, 19:31
Thanks for all the comments and feedback gang. Think I might keep the above dress for the concert hubby and I are going to in july. I will keep searching for a more suitable frock.

Next question: (boys look away. You dont need to know about this.)can you recommend some holding in elastic knickers/shorts or better still a full slip thing? The ones I have tried are from an Irish chain store. They keep rolling down and up in the opposite direction to where they should be. :frown: Last time I wore a tight dress the bloomin slip shape wear rolled all the way up to form a not so charming roll around my waist. :confused: I have had similar results with high waisted shorts. Do all brands do this?
07 Apr 2014, 19:38
Try Marks and Spencer, they have a huge range and some actually look comfortable, I have these and they are lovely, feels like silk and very lightweight and comfortable

Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 23 of 65