964 posts Page 24 of 65
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
07 Apr 2014, 21:09
Lovely floaty dress for the concert,not ideal for a church event scooby! X
07 Apr 2014, 21:32
@scubachick
scubachick wrote: Thanks for all the comments and feedback gang.
Next question: (boys look away. You dont need to know about this.)can you recommend some holding in elastic knickers/shorts or better still a full slip thing? The ones I have tried are from an Irish chain store. They keep rolling down and up in the opposite direction to where they should be. :frown: Last time I wore a tight dress the bloomin slip shape wear rolled all the way up to form a not so charming roll around my waist. :confused: I have had similar results with high waisted shorts. Do all brands do this?

I used to have one similar to the one ballerina has posted (bought online) but to be truthful it flattened my boobs and recently seen a one piece that's scooped down under your bust a much better option I think.
:clover: :clover: :clover:
08 Apr 2014, 08:18
M&S have some that enables you to wear your own bra, the ones I have are so lightweight that I actually wear my own bra anyway as there is no support but it is very flattering otherwise

Ballerina x :heart:
08 Apr 2014, 10:49
They're gorgeous @rawkaren :heart: - you're going to look hot! :like:
08 Apr 2014, 11:01
Hi @scubachick :heart:

I bought thie below corset style one (easy to slip on and off as no hooks) last week and used it a couple of times this weekend whilst we were away (it held my stomach / sides in really well under my fitted dresses and didn't roll.) I decided not to go for the knicker type for a couple of reasons - firstly so I only needed one which I could use 2/3 times whilst away as it does not touch your intimate areas and secondly, i thought the high waisted knicker type would be difficult to use after a few drinks! :bugeyes:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_158010413560_-1

They call it a Waistnipper and it certainly done the job for me :victory: :heart:
08 Apr 2014, 11:07
Look for a control slip that has silicone gripper around the hem, and don't make the mistake of buying one that is too small. They are mostly not designed to do much more than smooth. The ones that are firm control such as the brilliant one I used to have by trinny and Suzannah are much thicker and less stretchy, and don't roll. However, getting into them is a nail breaking job and they are quite hot.

I don't wear anything in the control line except wear your own bra-style control slips now. Well, I do wear corsets sometimes but that's for fun :wink:

I shocked my Dutch friend yesterday - she was visiting England briefly from Holland and stopped in for just half an hour... She was utterly shocked to see me wearing jeans :lol: She's never seen me in them before, always a dress or skirt. In fact, SHE was wearing one of my old dresses, a lovely classic wrap dress from Hobbs sized 18 :smile: It was always my favourite and I almost cried when hubby said I had to get rid of it. He pointed out that wrap dresses weren't meant to wrap around twice :confused: :wink:
08 Apr 2014, 12:33
I know I haven't been active in this tent, mostly due ....well, let's say I'm a single color gal and that is in the black'n grey field mostly ;)

But - what is fashion without some nice make up? I have loved it ever since my grandma visited in a cloud of powder, perfume, trimmed eyebrows, lipstick and corsets :grin: I can still remember the squeak when she hugged me.

So far, I have never gone to work without make up on and nowadays I put it on just to go shopping too, at least around the eyes. And that's where I intended to go - affordable eye make-up. Do you get the Swedish brand Image out there? I might not be into the entire range of products, but at least two of their mascaras: All day Long and Volume & Curl are absolutely fab. For me who is a Lancome girl, they are a great option and I can pick them up in the supermarket. And - you take them of with water only. :like: The other week I also bought Twist up Eye Gloss in the color of Oyester and it's so good for just the ordinary causal slap on eye make. That is - when I don't do BB cream, concealer, shadow and liner this is the quick step:) and at least my eyes look good.

Now - don't get me started on perfume :shock:
08 Apr 2014, 12:38
@Wolfie i was a Lancome gal too when i was working!
Can you tell me the name of the eye make up brand you recommended? It hasnt shown up on my ipad x
08 Apr 2014, 12:55
CandiceMarie wrote: @Wolfie i was a Lancome gal too when i was working!
Can you tell me the name of the eye make up brand you recommended? It hasn't shown up on my ipad x

The name is Isador. Thought I put in the link, but you know me . all of the sudden they do disappear... I assume that since their website is in English too, they sell outside of Sweden. Need any help, I can buy it here and send:)

Imagine that it's impossible to spell right - the Swedish cosmetic company is Isadora. Nothing else. Gahhhhh!!!
09 Apr 2014, 10:22
Once again gang, thanks so much for all the feedback and suggestions.

@Rawkaren, I love the bikinis. They would look great with a snokel, mask and fins :grin: I think I speak for all the guys here when I say I want to see your "after" photos in one of these! :grin:

@Tracieknits, the skirt and dress are both fab. Definately got me thinking. I also found a UK website that is being advertised now selling very reasonably priced fashions. (Am I right in thinking I am not supposed to mention external commercial sites under forum rules?) Pm me if anyone is interested.

@Ballerina, is great to get a review of shapewear, thanks. Feel free to ignore this question if its too intimate, but is it difficult to go to the loo in a body? I presume there are crotch poppers? @Sue.Q I have been looking at the underbust options now. Thanks to @Winsome for the tip on the silicon hem. (And well done winsome on ditching the shapewear!)

@WestLondonChick, I do have a waist nipper. I wear it over the shapewear! I find that on its own my wobbly bits ooze over the top and bottom, though that ooze is reducing weekly!

@Wolfie, I grew up in a pharmacy and have used both high end and more affordable brands interchangeably (thanks dad!). I find that colours and quality vary between each product even within the same brand. Sometimes an expensive product just doesnt work for me, while an affordable product could be my daily must have basic.Something that really suits your skin/colouring may not suit me or even last as well. Perfumes have even greater varieties between wearers. Its all trial and error. Everytime you get meds or something in the pharmacy ask them for samples. The department store make up counters can give you a few mills of their products, but you might need to bring in your own little pot (this is great for foundation, as you really need to try them on at home). They usually do make up trials free if you buy a product over a certain value. If you do get a trial pick the brains of the staff while they work on you.
09 Apr 2014, 10:32
@scubachick

To be clear, I've ditched the other stuff because I can't be doing with the rolling, squeezing, pushing out in all directions, cutting off circulation etc. Not because I don't have any bulgy bits :lol: If a control slip can't cut it, I'll wear something different!
09 Apr 2014, 10:37
Hi Scubachick, there are no secrets on this forum and yes the body does have poppers and they are very secure and the whole garment is so comfy, not like wearing a control thing at all.

Ballerina x :heart:
09 Apr 2014, 10:42
Scubachick - you are so right that nothing suits everyone. I have used high end stuff (both cosmetics and skincare) and budget and in some cases one item form one brand but not the other. Since some years I use Boots No7 Protect and Perfect series and it-is-GREAT!!
Oh when it comes to perfumes - today the original things and re-made smell totally different due to IFRA and EU regulations re. ingredients - like oak moss...Take YSL Opium - smelled horrible on me back then and simple awesome on my best friend and today (many yrs later) it smell ok on me. Here in Sweden perfumeries are so incredible bad at giving out samples, even if you spend a nice sum. Perfumes you only get to smell on blotter papers, unless it's one of them horrible celeb ´fumes....
This is a topic I could obviously write a lot about LOL.
09 Apr 2014, 11:02
You can recommend something commercial to someone else as part of a conversation. If your sole reason for being here is to sell your product, and it's in every post you make, that's not okay. But recommending something you like is *not* spamming :-)
09 Apr 2014, 11:07
Tracieknits wrote: You can recommend something commercial to someone else as part of a conversation. If your sole reason for being here is to sell your product, and it's in every post you make, that's not okay. But recommending something you like is *not* spamming :-)

OMG - I hope you are not meaning me???!!!! I just pointed out that I think some of their stuff is great. Me - I work in a bank, nothing beautifying about that;)
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 24 of 65