The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 60 of 65
Previous 1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent - shoes
07 Jan 2015, 12:33
I must confess that deep inside of me lurks a shoe fetishist and if I was shorter (am 5,9) I would save some of my fabric "allowance" and go for a naughty pair of Lamboutin (spelling unsure) :cool:
07 Jan 2015, 13:40
Wolfie wrote: I must confess that deep inside of me lurks a shoe fetishist and if I was shorter (am 5,9) I would save some of my fabric "allowance" and go for a naughty pair of Lamboutin (spelling unsure) :cool:

Ah, you mean Louboutin...... I don't have a pair but have been bold enough to ask to try a pair on in the store from time to time - they are so so high! I'd never wear them!
07 Jan 2015, 14:55
rawkaren wrote:
Wolfie wrote: I must confess that deep inside of me lurks a shoe fetishist and if I was shorter (am 5,9) I would save some of my fabric "allowance" and go for a naughty pair of Lamboutin (spelling unsure) :cool:

Ah, you mean Louboutin...... I don't have a pair but have been bold enough to ask to try a pair on in the store from time to time - they are so so high! I'd never wear them!

yep high they are but gorgeous. I would wear them, even at my age ;)
Re: Fashionista Tent
31 Jan 2015, 21:08
Hi
I am really ino the 50's fashion style era and was wondering if any of you out there can give me any ideas of what to wear, hair accessories etc and where to find them.
I am 50 year old..size 12-14 and have been doing this woe for 18 months.
Also help with make-up ideas would be really great although I have small eyes so eyeliner could prove difficult.
Anyway, any help /suggestions would be gratefully received.
Kate x
02 Feb 2015, 20:01
Today I treated myself! I brought myself a leather jacket, its deep caramel in colour, it is truly divine. Its something I will wear and wear and keep forever, and the best bit it was £1 at a local charity shop......kerrrrrrching! Gotta love a bit of preloved :)
02 Feb 2015, 20:11
Ohhh @minsmumbargain! Kerching indeed! So pleased for you x
@whatkatiedid the 50s look is so cool! !how about looking on here for ideas
http://50sclothes.mables.com/
Or try Pinterest! X
03 Apr 2015, 13:26
Treating myself to these for the spring (M&S Autograph). I had a black pair this winter - great with either dresses or trousers and comfy too which is essential with all the walking I do in London town.
03 Apr 2015, 14:19
Lizbean wrote: Treating myself to these for the spring (M&S Autograph). I had a black pair this winter - great with either dresses or trousers and comfy too which is essential with all the walking I do in London town.

Nice to see this thread again. @Lizbean. Nice shoes. I love flats and happy they are on trend at the moment.
Signed up for the M&S Autograph Suede Skirt. Not sure if I will get one, but lets see. I think it goes on sale on Friday.
03 Apr 2015, 14:45
@Rawkaren good luck with the suede skirt - I saw it advertised in last nights London Evening Standard. Brings back fond memories of my 70's skirts. I'm looking for a couple of spring dresses for work. During a quick look around John Lewis last week I tried on a few White Stuff dresses, but the shapes just made me look a dumpy 5"2 so the search continues.
03 Apr 2015, 15:33
I see Jane Asher gave it a very big thumbs down and preferred a suede dress from H&M which she looked stunning in.
03 Apr 2015, 15:45
rawkaren wrote: Nice to see this thread again. @Lizbean. Nice shoes. I love flats and happy they are on trend at the moment.
Signed up for the M&S Autograph Suede Skirt. Not sure if I will get one, but lets see. I think it goes on sale on Friday.

Me too @lizbean Memories of wearing similar with matching suede waist coat and weighing eight stone something Happy days! X
03 Apr 2015, 17:28
@Rawkaren sounds like the skirt might be more of an autumn weight. I like the dress on Jane, nice length for a 5'2" shorty like me. Which reminds me it's time to bring out my light weight brown suede coat, it has small silver rings down the front. A preloved favourite bargain for £20. @CandiceMarie happy days indeed. Think I might have to wait a few weeks for more new dress arrivals .....to find the right shape and colours. Meanwhile I'll de-clutter my wardrobe of those items that have been loved but are now duly worn out. :smile:
14 Apr 2015, 05:28
I might have bought a dress and two skirts at the desigual outlet on Saturday.
14 Apr 2015, 07:19
I like it when this gets bumped!
I live vicariously thru your purchases!
What a lovely pattern on that skirt! How about the other buys @maryAnn? May we see
@whatkatiedid how are you ..how are you getting on with yr 50s theme? X
16 Apr 2015, 00:10
As requested by @CandiceMarie, here's the dress. I'll take a pic of the other skirt when I get the chance...
Previous 1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 60 of 65