The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1061 posts Page 8 of 71
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 71 Next
Re: The ADF Tent
31 Jan 2014, 19:31
Oh that's good to know...thanks.@Winsome my fasting buddy!

Bean :starving:
31 Jan 2014, 20:46
Saw my first increase this morning :-( up 300 grams but also...

WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION!
31 Jan 2014, 22:09
Oh why? Why? Did I look under the Warning sign?!! :-)

What brought on the increase? Today is your fast day isn't it?

Bean :confused:
31 Jan 2014, 22:48
How do you add the too much information box @TBrewerton
31 Jan 2014, 23:07
Click the spoiler tag in Full Editor. and then type in between the tags.

The only thing I can think of @nursebean is that yesterday I had a Miso soup (huge amount of sodium in them) so that may have locked up some fluid. Today is Feast day :-) So yea its the morning after a fast so was expecting a drop... One increase out of a almost two weeks of fasts isn't too bad though - I am sure it will even out.
01 Feb 2014, 00:14
Ah beanery, if it is Sat then you may well be. Tim and I are feeding our faces today, but is pennyforthem fasting?
I suspect with our new tent mates, you may well find a fasting friend today!
01 Feb 2014, 09:36
Can't remember the last time I did a Saturday fast... might be tricky with the children around. I have nine year old girls and I'm very careful about what they get to hear; they have no idea that I fast. That's why I almost always eat an evening meal on fast days - if I choose to eat something they don't like they don't ever question it. I might actually be eating the same as them but with greens not mash "because the cabbage needs eating up" or I'll tell them I really fancied something spicy, as they don't like hot food. Hubby is usually home just before bedtime so they don't know if he and I eat the same. If we are all together at mealtimes I try to eat the same main component. Hairy dieters chicken pies tonight :smile:

Off to weigh in and do some exercise!
01 Feb 2014, 12:04
ooh @Winsome let me know how those Hairy pies are. Presumably they're low calorie ones are they? I really want to cook something from their book but can't do anything like that at the moment. Maybe I can persuade my mum

Bean :wink:
01 Feb 2014, 12:09
I can thoroughly recommend their recipes @nursebean, really tasty and filling so well worth having a go! :like:
01 Feb 2014, 12:54
Thanks @Callyanna I will now set myself a goal of cooking one. It may take me a while (part of ME pacing) but sounds as though the outcome will be well,worth the wait...watch this space!

Bean :plate:
01 Feb 2014, 13:34
Success (sort of..)after my first ADF yesterday. Down 2.5 lb today :victory: . Yesterday was no problem with the FOOD restriction; actually only had 330 cal because left 150 for a glass (or two :wink: ) of wine. It became about 4 and went over my 500 cal by about 200 cal !!

I really need my Fri night tipple. My friends and I call it our weekly "de-briefing" from a usually stressful week. Friday has been definitely the hardest fast day yet. Oh well, results are good, normal food today and back to Sun fast (my usual) tomorrow. I hope I can continue this :clover:
01 Feb 2014, 20:32
Well I was very happy this morning after a slight disappointment when weighing yesterday.

Today is the start of fast day so when I should weigh heavier and I am only up 100 grams on yesterday!

My average has been that my weight goes up between 5-700 grams after a feast day so this was a very pleasant surprise.

There are two things it could be down to.

1. The large amount of walking I did yesterday.
2. Water retention from the Miso soup last fast day finally moving..?

Anyway - a happy camper over here.
02 Feb 2014, 00:16
Hi Tim,
Testing
WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION!
. Consequently my post feast weight was the lowest yet. Will tomorrow's been even lower after today's fast day, especially as my tummy is telling me it doesn't want to eat right now!
My up weight is still 800gr up, but thta is lower than it was.
02 Feb 2014, 00:19
Nice one Debs - sorry that it comes at the cost of a bad stomach - for once I wasn't in sync with you last night it seems, and for the better haha.

Handy that you don't feel like eating and its a fast day! To be honest I don't feel too hungry but it is still amazing how the smell of food can set off the impulse to want to eat. I think it must be psychological though... Doesn't mean its easy haha
02 Feb 2014, 00:52
You guys are going great! I'm reading with interest and awe!
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 71 Next
1061 posts Page 8 of 71