The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1061 posts Page 9 of 71
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 71 Next
Re: The ADF Tent
02 Feb 2014, 09:52
I think we're having very similar results Debs and Tim, in that I really struggled with yesterday's fast (went over by approx 13 cals but that was with an orange...does that count?!!). However, today (feast day) I'm not very hungry but I'm also delighted because the scales revealed I am now 2 lb lighter than I was yesterday and I have lost a 1 lb over the last week!

However, when I put my details into my progress tracker it told me "Well done, at this rate you should reach your target by May.............2016!" I think it said this with an evil, wicked smile :angry:

I'll get my own back, though. I'm more determined now than ever!!

Bean :pissedoff:
02 Feb 2014, 09:57
Morning Bean!
Glad to see it is going ok for you! And well done, you must be chuffed. Yes, that progress tracker is an evil little monster, especially as every day I input my slightly higher weight, it says well done. Hmmm. :starving: :?:
02 Feb 2014, 10:29
Good morning folks :smile:

I am a happy bunny today :grin: I sincerely wish that I hadn't failed to record my weight on the first day of ADF - something I've never done when embarking on a diet before :frown: In any event, I recorded 12st 6.6 on the 10th January, and that I'd seen 7s and 8s and higher on the scales since then :frown: I must of been over 12st 7 when I bought the Krista Varaday book because that's my 'panic, panic, do SOMETHING - ANYTHING' weight :bugeyes:

ANYWAY. This morning I am 12st 2.2 :grin: So that's at LEAST 5lbs down since my first fast on the 22nd Jan :like: My goal weight is 11st 2, and I can see 11st something on the horizon.

Six fasts in and I can hand on heart say this EOD fasting suits me down to the ground. I've absolutely feasted, especially on the carbs that seem to be the diet devil du jour, and with the exception of one tough day due to bad planning, the fasts have been easy.

Oh, and I didn't get my hairy pie due to an unexpected shopping trip. We ended up in a chain restaurant called Table Table and I had a spinach and ricotta lasagne, a naked salad (even gave away my croutons) and a diet coke. It came in at 550 cals so not bad. I was hungry last night and didn't sleep well, but that's the first time since I started.
02 Feb 2014, 10:36
Well done Winsome, it is obviously working well for you! Interesting that you are taking a 'no holds barred' approach!!
Maybe I should bear that in mind too! Has your appetite reduced at the same time, or stayed the same?
02 Feb 2014, 12:14
Hello ADF gang, I was wondering how many of you are doing this without a new exercise regime? Would be interesting to see the ADF only results.
02 Feb 2014, 12:17
Me mum!
I did start but a number of factors have got in the way, mostly tiredness from doing my first three week shift in a few months. I started exercising before starting work at 6 am but couldn't sustain it, so I am concentrating on the ADF for the time being.
Time will tell!
02 Feb 2014, 12:40
So you are a perfect specimen for research purposes.
Mum.
Ps great pics, Instagrams also.
02 Feb 2014, 17:22
My appetite hasn't reduced. I've had feast days when at times I haven't felt particularly hungry, but then as soon as I actually start to eat, my capacity hasn't reduced in volume. If anything, I am feeling more interested in food again, because finally it feels like I really CAN have my cake and eat it, without then wearing it on my hips!

Two weeks ago I bought a dress in the sales, and in 'medium' it was a perfect fit. Today, hubby remarked that it was looking a little loose, and that I should buy a 'small' (this is country casuals and they do size generously I hasten to acknowledge) if they had one because the shop was down to the very last dregs of the sale and doing 70% off... They did have one and I tried it, and unbelievably it isn't much too tight. Another five lbs and it will probably be perfect, and at the vastly reduced sale price I shall feel doubly pleased to wear it :grin:
02 Feb 2014, 17:33
What?! @Winsome you are doing so well that's brilliant!

I suppose @Carieoates that I am an ideal person to see if EOD diet works without exercise. Having ME there are few days when I can do very much at all. Having said that, on a good day I can walk my dogs, but it's a slow pace. When I'm really good I do some yoga stretches to tone, but at the moment I'm back to 10 mins only and am currently aiming to increase this to at least 40 minutes per day. I guess this is why my weight loss has been so slow, because it's not just exercise, I can't do housework or anything much that would burn off calories. So, in short, I would make a great guinea pig . You, on the other hand, are really going great guns at the moment aren't you. Well done :)

Bean :sleepy:
02 Feb 2014, 17:38
Oh Oh! Just updated my progress tracker and its actually starting to take form :-D

Another great loss after yesterdays fast! hmmm 2 weeks tomorrow and I think its actually getting harder haha.

The first few days were ok for me but the last two fasts have been horrible! I still haven't broken a fast yet which I am really proud of but hopefully they don't carry on the way these last two have.

Yesterday didn't help that I was at home and wifey had the compulsion to do baking.... Shes not in my good books! Although she may be now that its feast day and lots of baking hahahahaha
02 Feb 2014, 17:49
After lunch out today, I shall be fasting tomorrow! Not much exercise done today either, so back tuit tomorrow!
02 Feb 2014, 18:42
Well I had promised myself I would run early this morning, but after a terrible nights sleep I have that idea up! We had a posh Sunday lunch out (complete with a couple of glasses of vino) in Canterbury and I was sorely tempted to give exercise a miss...

However, my running programme says otherwise so 30 minutes run just completed. I've just discovered a good reason to run in the mornings; obviously as it is dark I chose to run on well lit roads. They just happen to be where all the takeaways and restaurants are located :dazed: I felt quite nauseated at several points! Yuck.

Tim, let's hope your last two fasts were a blip.
02 Feb 2014, 18:44
nursebean wrote: What?! @Winsome you are doing so well that's brilliant!

I suppose @Carieoates that I am an ideal person to see if EOD diet works without exercise. Having ME there are few days when I can do very much at all. Having said that, on a good day I can walk my dogs, but it's a slow pace. When I'm really good I do some yoga stretches to tone, but at the moment I'm back to 10 mins only and am currently aiming to increase this to at least 40 minutes per day. I guess this is why my weight loss has been so slow, because it's not just exercise, I can't do housework or anything much that would burn off calories. So, in short, I would make a great guinea pig . You, on the other hand, are really going great guns at the moment aren't you. Well done :)

Bean :sleepy:

Oh thanks Bean, really appreciate the sentiment there. Let's get @carorees
Onto you and your guinea pigness.
02 Feb 2014, 20:08
OK - first fast done for my week of ADF trial. Actually quite excited for the week! (lets see if I feel the same in a dew days!)
02 Feb 2014, 21:32
Good luck Badgirl :clover: :clover:
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 71 Next
1061 posts Page 9 of 71