The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1061 posts Page 7 of 71
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 71 Next
Re: The ADF Tent
31 Jan 2014, 08:40
So all my data is consistent so far of an average of 200 gram loss every 2 days. Will see if tomorrow nets the same again.
31 Jan 2014, 08:43
Every time I see your avatar bean it makes me happy!! I just love it so thank you!
Yes, it is strange, I should have input my weight daily like Tim. I shall start tomorrow for the last week of my shift. I have had a few mornings off as I have been so tired. I need a day off!
31 Jan 2014, 08:47
Oh I'm glad you like him, although I was going to change him tomorrow since it'll be a new month. New month = new Avatar...or so I thought!

The rate I'm going this week, I don't think I'll have lost anything. Mind you, I'll have to weigh a day later to get my weekly weight otherwise the weigh in will be the day after a feast and that'll never do...will it?

Bean :confused:
31 Jan 2014, 08:51
Your avatars are always fun beanster, I'm sure it will be a goodie! No, weighing after an eating day is a bit worrying sometimes!
31 Jan 2014, 09:07
Yes just can't bring myself to weigh after a feast day...for my weekly weigh in that is. But I suppose I must.

Just listening to that "Happy" song by Pharrell Williams on the radio. I really like it!

Bean :smile:
31 Jan 2014, 09:55
Haven't heard it! I must admit I'm more of an indie girl. Just talked to hubby, funny how food looms so large; he has bought special icecream for us, one is blueberry, goats cheese and honey. The other is almond salted caramel. My mouth is dribbling just thinkingbabout it. STOP!!!!
31 Jan 2014, 10:48
OK, that does it! I'm in. :curse:
To explain....doing well on 5:2 since starting last Aug even managed to lose a bit over holidays.
Back from a cruise last Sat with an extra 6.5 pounds on board but had lost 4 of them by yesterday. Now up 2 pounds after a very reasonable feed day :shock:
Actually, just got Krista Varaday's book and have been toying with trying ADF for some time...I guess now is the time,so in today as last fast was Wed.
31 Jan 2014, 10:56
Welcome judithn, nothing ventured, nothing lost, to vandalise Shakespeare!!!
We are going on an Alaskan cruise and I have to say that cruises sound like a recipe for diet disaster!!
31 Jan 2014, 11:11
Oh yes @Debs, cruises are a veritable minefield for anyone trying to lose weight. Constant food and DRINK :dazed: :oops: but they are fabulous. I have only been on 2 so far but hope to go again next year.

I can only recommend being as good as you can pre-cruise, enjoy the cruise (can't imagine you would be able to fast during, but you may be of sterner stuff), expect what the scale says when you get back (GET OFF ME!! :lol: ) and just come back here. You will be back on track in no time :smile:
31 Jan 2014, 11:20
Morning all! It's so wonderful to discover there is a TENT because I've been standing outside with a bucket on my head for shelter! This is my first full week of ADF having 5:2d then 4:3d a little bit. I bought Dr Krista's book last weekend and decided to really go for it.

This is my first post here, but I have been part of the Dukaners Forum for a long time. I took off nearly 44lbs on the high protein diet and have mainly kept it off, but I need a longterm, scientifically backed solution so here I am!

I've weighed in every day and am a pound up on this time last week, but I'm not worried as this is a marathon not a sprint :smile: Anyway, thank you all for sharing, it really does make a big difference.
31 Jan 2014, 11:24
Welcome into our tent, grab a fluffy towel and dry yourself off!! There is a 4:3 tent in the field somewhere too!
It is good to share experiences and thoughts on ADF and mostly know that there is some evidence for it, even if it is a meandering road. And yes, there is a scenic route tent to share that feeling too!!!
Good luck!
31 Jan 2014, 11:28
Many thanks for your kind welcome Debs and I notice like myself you are the big Five O this December! Just remember that we will always be a year younger than Brad Pitt!
31 Jan 2014, 11:36
And I'm sure we are wearing a lot better too :wink:
31 Jan 2014, 17:45
Just have to ask but am I the only one on ADF fasting tomorrow? Everyone is just out of step with me...doh!

Bean :confused:
31 Jan 2014, 19:02
I am fasting tomorrow as well. We can plod along together :smile:
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 71 Next
1061 posts Page 7 of 71