The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1061 posts Page 12 of 71
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 71 Next
Re: The ADF Tent
04 Feb 2014, 09:17
I am not keen on bullet coffee, ( coconut oil and butter blended in black coffee ) sorry Gillymary and all the other aficionados, but I find that coffee with some double cream in it works wonders for hours. I dislike milk in coffee but cream does it every time, talking of which.......mmmmm...

Ballerina x :heart:
04 Feb 2014, 09:24
Thanks Ballerina. I feel rather sick, even imagining Bullet coffee.
I'm just off now to make another jug of the proper stuff, unadulterated by coconut, butter, milk or cream!
04 Feb 2014, 09:27
I am like you, Penny, for most of the time I just drink Black coffee but sometimes a girl just has to do what a girl has to do.....mmmmm..

Ballerina x :heart:
04 Feb 2014, 09:30
Thanks for those suggestions Penny! May have to try them. I keep hearing about Miso, presumably I find that in the soup department do I?

I'm sorry but coffee with coconut oil AND butter? Well either, actually, sounds pretty horrific! Yes, cream in coffee is lovely (especially coffee liqueur...which I haven't had for years!). Talking of liqueurs, how are you getting on after your Dryathon @PennyForThem

Bean :smile:
04 Feb 2014, 09:38
Mm, cereal, creme eggs, parmesan, yum yum yum :bugeyes:
And yes, they have shrunk!!

Saved my dinner until as late as I could today but it has been hard going. I haven't tried bullet proof coffee, I should do really, as I don't like black coffee, or at least it has to be an exceptionally good coffee, which is hard to find.

I can see why this weight watchers meal has so few calories. It's minute :cry:
04 Feb 2014, 09:51
Oh no! and you've waited all day for it!!

Enjoy

Bean :starving:
04 Feb 2014, 09:53
Now, who's chasing who?!!!
I know, it's rubbish :frown:
Ah well. You were ina dream I had last night for some strange reason!!
04 Feb 2014, 11:17
Much as I love coconut, and coffee any way it comes, I still can't get my head around bullet coffee :bugeyes:

I DETEST miso - bleurgh.

The hot drinks I have: black coffee (I have a nespresso machine) black Earl Grey tea, green tea with lemon (don't like the plain green), ginger tea, peppermint tea. If I need a salt boost I have marmite in hot water.

Just done my run. I need to think about what I eat on the morning of a feast day as I feel depleted and exercise is tougher than it should be. I didn't think this morning and blithely had a bowl of porridge with maple syrup and a pear - oats and my system post fast... :shock:

Bean, chalk it up to experience and move on. I can't eat my meal at lunchtime either, I'm starving by the evening if I do.

Debs, that's why I was so pleasantly surprised by the M&S meals I've bought recently. The last one I bought ready meals was when I did weight watchers, and there is NO comparison. For 331 cals last night I had salmon in watercress sauce, 6-7 new potatoes, green beans and broccoli. It was delicious!

Just sat enjoying the fact that I am due to bake for my cake decorating club at school later, and I can have some too :grin:
04 Feb 2014, 11:26
How can they do salmon in w'cress sauce, potatoes and veg for 331 cals? And it sounds filling and delicious, too.

I'm off to google it.
04 Feb 2014, 11:30
Do they post them over here :?: :razz:
04 Feb 2014, 11:37
They don't seem to put any details about them on line and I never go near a M & S to investigate either. Perhaps I should in the interests of research?
I note they're conducting their own trials, but no results published yet.
However, they do seem to have a good range of meals, which will suit most people
I've just had a mug of miso (can understand Winsome not liking it; it's a love it/loathe it thing).
I have a rollmop herring for lunch. I know how to live
:wink:
04 Feb 2014, 11:53
I only 'use' ready meals occasionally so it isn't a huge drama. I'm in the loathe miso camp, uurrggghhhh, too weird and fishy for me!
I love roll mops on rye bread, the first lunch I had with OH's parents we all got very squiffy on herring, aquavit and beer. Good Danish lunch!!
04 Feb 2014, 12:38
Oh I am a HUGE (quite lit-et-ally) fan of M&S ready meals. Their Fuller Longer range seems to have been made with us fasters in mind. They seem a lot healthier than a lot of the ready meals that are out there. Yes, when in doubt get yourself an M&S meal. You really can't go wrong

Bean :starving:
04 Feb 2014, 14:19
Went all day yesterday with no food and then last night blew it. So I guess a good 16:8 but nothing more.
04 Feb 2014, 14:21
nursebean wrote: Thanks for those suggestions Penny! May have to try them. I keep hearing about Miso, presumably I find that in the soup department do I?

I'm sorry but coffee with coconut oil AND butter? Well either, actually, sounds pretty horrific! Yes, cream in coffee is lovely (especially coffee liqueur...which I haven't had for years!). Talking of liqueurs, how are you getting on after your Dryathon @PennyForThem

Bean :smile:

You don't know what you are missing Bean. Nicer than cream. Just needs to be blended properly.
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 71 Next
1061 posts Page 12 of 71