The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1061 posts Page 66 of 71
Previous 1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 71 Next
Re: The ADF Tent
20 Sep 2014, 13:07
Thanks @minsmum

I couldn't be doing with a diet that involved having to pay to attend weekly meetings, follow set recipes or weigh out ingredients. Lordy, I couldn't faff about with that. I know what's good for me and what isn't. I'm fortunate in that I've always loved fruit and veg and am a vegetarian so don't eat lots of animal fats. My downfall was bread (with butter or dipped in olive oil) and crisps. And not just a small bag of crisps. Big sharing bag sized crisps. Portion sizes were far too big too but I think overall just far, far too many bad carbs.

This WOE seems to reset your appetite. Early days for me but I certainly feel this is something I can cope with long term.
23 Sep 2014, 07:32
Just popping in to see how you are doing @Cheekychicken@Nursebean
Hope you are both good and slowly shrinking.
I wonder what ever happened to all the others on this thread. .????
23 Sep 2014, 07:52
Hi @minsmum :like:

I'm still here and sticking with it.

I was away at the weekend and so didn't fast but didn't overeat either. I actually felt that I ate very little (breakfast and tea only) but it's funny how when you calculate the calories, it was up there at 2000 or so calories. Just shows how very easy is it to overeat. Plus the weird thing was when we went out to eat on Saturday (my son wanted to treat me to tea out), I left some food on my plate :shock: Unheard of I tell you. I felt absolutely stuffed. My appetite has definitely reduced, no doubt about it.

I did weigh myself yesterday and consequently haven't lost a bean but that's to be expected I guess.

I fasted yesterday, liquid fast as always, and I have to say it was the worst one yet. I thought after replenishing myself over the weekend I'd be buzzing but no, I felt pretty rough. I had a stinker of a headache all afternoon and evening and felt shattered all day.

I slept well though (which is surprising after a fast day) and feel much more my old self today.
:grin:
23 Sep 2014, 07:59
Morning everyone and firstly I like to apologise @Minsmum for leaving you alone in here for so long. Thats just wrong :frown: Still, myself and @Cheekychicken are here to keep you company.

Poor old Chicken. Sorry to hear you had such a terrible fast. Presumably you drank plenty of water did you? Now, just remind me, when you say a liquid diet, do you have soup or something like that or do you literally just drink and not eat a...well a bean?!

Of course I went out yesterday. I knew I wouldn't be able to say no to pudding. Silly old Bean. However, I deliberately didn't eat all day so although it would have gone over the 500 cals (probably just with the starter :confused: ) I'm not too worried because today is 16:8 and so it continues! The thing, I guess, is to enjoy food isn't it.

Here's to another great day!

Bean :smile:
23 Sep 2014, 08:07
Hey @nursebean

Yes, my fast days are liquid only (a couple of black coffees and water). I don't have soup or anything and don't have the 500 or so calories you're allowed. My fast is a fast. Occasionally if my tastebuds are craving something savoury, I'll make a hot drink with a teaspoon of marmite in it but that's all. I drink loads anyway, always have done, but had even more when the headache started as I wondered if it was dehydration. I have a water fountain outside my office so it's nice and handy.

Not got the headache today thankfully and have enjoyed my fresh coffee with milk and a bowl of muesli :cool:

I wouldn't fret over the pud Bean. We all need a little pleasure in life!
23 Sep 2014, 08:12
Wow! @Cheekychicken I really am impressed with that way of fasting. Glad that wretched headache has gone now. Bet you're glad its a feast day aren't you?! I've got a Shepherd's Pie waiting for me in the fridge at the moment. Mind you, I don't feel at all hungry this morning (which is just as well I'm doing 16:8 isn't it!)

Was it you that likes crisps? Thats my weakness too! When my folks are here our routine is to have a sandwich in the evening (I have a Thin) and we have crisps on the side. Sometimes I put MORE than 3 packs in the bowl...and I'm pretty sure I eat most of them too! :shock:

Naughty Bean slinks away in shame... :oops:
23 Sep 2014, 08:18
nursebean wrote: Wow! @Cheekychicken
Was it you that likes crisps? Thats my weakness too! When my folks are here our routine is to have a sandwich in the evening (I have a Thin) and we have crisps on the side. Sometimes I put MORE than 3 packs in the bowl...and I'm pretty sure I eat most of them too! :shock:

Naughty Bean slinks away in shame... :oops:

Yup, that's me. Crisps are my downfall. I would say, shamefully, that I had one of those big sharing sized bags of crisps every day. There, I've said it. It's like an AA meeting. "I'm Chicken and I'm addicted to crisps".

Sweets, cakes, biscuits I can take or leave but crisps are my nemesis.
:struggle:
23 Sep 2014, 08:20
I know what you mean. There's something about them. We are naughty aren't we. Maybe we should make a Christmas pact together?! :shock: :confused: and cut them out until 20 December? Oh boy, d'you think we could? :confused:
23 Sep 2014, 08:45
Yay glad to see you to are still here...mmm crisps... My downfall too. In particular kettle crisps, I'm not fussy what flavour really, but if you're talking Walkers it's plain old ready salted! Shut up girl you're fasting today.
Good news today :) ... I weighed myself, this is a rare occurance as I HATE my scales, and after ADF ing since 1st of this month, plus Insanity, plus a coil removal(I don't care what the Drs say it helped me pile on pounds) I'm down 6lbs!!! Bl&&dy hell!! :)
@Cheekychicken I applaud you. I have never been able, or willing to do a liquid only fast. I think Minsdad and Min would pack their bags and
Leave home :( I'm not good on no food. Unleash the grumpy, evil Minsmum grrrrrrr.
@Nursebean no crisps until Christmas..eeek, comes out in a cold sweat! Could be worth a go though. Whadya think ladies???
23 Sep 2014, 09:01
Minsmum wrote: Good news today :) ... I weighed myself, this is a rare occurance as I HATE my scales, and after ADF ing since 1st of this month, plus Insanity, plus a coil removal(I don't care what the Drs say it helped me pile on pounds) I'm down 6lbs!!! Bl&&dy hell!! :)

Wowsers Minsmum! That's bloody brilliant!!! 6lbs is awesome. You'll be walking on air all day today now :grin: :grin: :grin:

And yes to the Christmas Crisp Challenge (CCC) @nursebean @minsmum Count me in. I'm game.
:razz:
25 Sep 2014, 07:31
Hello just popping in to see how you guys are doing @cheekychicken and @Nursebean???
I have inspired myself with my weight loss this month and am pleased to report that the crisp cupboard is well and truly devoid of crisps. I haven't told Min yet, but she's into choccie covered rice cakes at the moment ..so all good. It's her birthday tomorrow so I'm fasting and cake baking today.... Eek.
Non fasting days are going well , ie no overeating, not that I do TDEE, but my inner voice does not shout eat Minsmum eat anymore :)
I may even join the Christmas challenge, have you??
xxx
25 Sep 2014, 07:39
Morning @minsmum

It was my fasting day yesterday and I must say I had a good day. Full of energy and got loads done. Took the dogs on a couple of long walks and even did 50 mins of cardio last night. I like those days when I feel energised.

It's a feast day today supposedly but so far I've just had my morning coffee (half coffee/half milk) but I've not had any breakfast as I don't feel hungry yet. My appetite is definitely dwindling. Shame my waistline isn't :bugeyes:
25 Sep 2014, 10:28
Hi guys! Er @Minsmum and @cheekychicken? When are we actually STARTING this crisp challenge, only I've still got some crisps to finish? :confused: (I won't buy anymore though!) Shall we say 1 October?

I wonder if we can do it?! :dazed:
25 Sep 2014, 12:21
1st October sounds good to me @Nursebean enjoy those crispy morsels x
25 Sep 2014, 17:53
Yeah, 1st October as the official start date. Does the crisp fast end at Christmas? It can be my Christmas treat, a bag of crisps. How sad am I? :razz:
Previous 1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 71 Next
1061 posts Page 66 of 71