The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1061 posts Page 67 of 71
Previous 1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 Next
Re: The ADF Tent
25 Sep 2014, 18:06
Just eaten my last crisps this evening :shock:

Shall we end our crisp fast on the 20th December, as with the December challenge? Or would you rather leave it until Christmas day?!!

And @Minsmum? Well done on the 6lb loss. That is truly incredible (said in a French accent please!)

I have decided I am NOT going to weigh myself...until the first of each month! I feel it will less depressing that way...and maybe there'll be a few lovely surprises en route! Only time can tell.

Good luck fellow ADFers

Bean :bugeyes:
25 Sep 2014, 20:02
I shdnt be nosing on here but...crisps fast? Whats all that about @nursebean
Have you added it to the crimbo challenge...? X
25 Sep 2014, 20:23
Hi peeps! Just poking my nose in as I do from time to time!

I'm not quite an ADFer but do fast Mon/Wed/Fri a lot of the time - just can't contemplate it usually on a Sunday!

I'm quite controlled when it comes to crisps - we have them in the house but I rarely touch them although if we have a large bag (usually Sensations Chilli) I am sometimes tempted on a Sat/Sun late afternoon to nibble them with a G&T.

Good luck with your crisp challenge - anything is possible if you set your mind to it!

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
26 Sep 2014, 07:07
nursebean wrote: Just eaten my last crisps this evening :shock:

Shall we end our crisp fast on the 20th December, as with the December challenge? Or would you rather leave it until Christmas day?!!

Hey Bean,

Did you shed a little tear when you polished off your final bag of crisps? :wink:

I was thinking Christmas Eve myself (as that's when Christmas really starts for me). Up to you though I guess. I will look forward to a bag of crisps washed down with a nice glass of red. Mmmmm...

There are still loads of crisps in the house. I keep looking at them all with love in my eyes :bugeyes:
I might post a picture at some point, reveal just how bad my addiction was.

Chicken x
26 Sep 2014, 17:38
Oh Chicken @cheekychicken? You've still got so many days til the 1st...and LOADS of crisps to munch? Enjoy :wink:

Did anyone fast today from the ADF tent or am I out of sync with you all?
26 Sep 2014, 17:43
I'm fasting today. Looking forward to some grub tomorrow i must say.
26 Sep 2014, 17:46
Oh good. Well, not for you I guess!! So I'm guessing you've finished your food for the day have you?
26 Sep 2014, 20:05
I've not had anything to eat. I'm sticking with the liquid only fasting. When it was my last fast, I ended up going 48 hours without eating. It was weird. I felt great and wasn't hungry in the slightest. I could have continued but thought it best if I refuelled.

All I've kept thinking about today is tomato soup. I really, really want a bowl of tomato soup! I shall have one tomorrow and will savour it. :victory:

As much as I would like a bag of crisps, it'd be a slippery slope so I think I'm best leaving them alone. I'm a greedy beggar which is what got me into this mess in the first place.

It's working for me at the mo so I'm trying to be strict because as soon as I start letting little things slide, before long I'll be back to square one. The chicken needs discipline!

Has it been your fast today too Bean?
26 Sep 2014, 22:09
Good for you chicken :chicken2: if you're over the crisp thing, then cast them aside! Well done. You are SO in the zone at the moment aren't you!

Yes, I've had a fast day today, although to be honest its bean anything BUT a fast day. What a drag. Its seems to be endless for some reason, can't think why (oh yes, not having any food all day may have SOMETHING to do with it!) Anyway, I'm looking forward to eating whatever I fancy tomorrow...within reason...and within my 8 hour window :wink:

Hope you enjoy tomorrow's 'feast' too.

Bean :starving:
26 Sep 2014, 23:59
I sympathise totally @nursebean
Pretty hungry ..will go to sleep and forget about it :curse:
No food til noon but if not hungry at noon,may turn it into an ADF as i fasted thurs and due to fast monday :?:
27 Sep 2014, 06:32
Good morning fasters :like:

I hadn't noticed there was a smiley chicken :chicken2: Thanks for that Bean. I shall be using it all the time now.

There is this one I see :chicken: but the white one :chicken2: looks like two of my girls so I'll stick with that one :-D

Fasted yesterday so as usual I was wide awake at 5am. It's every fast. I don't have a problem getting to sleep and apart from usually being up once during the night for a pee, I sleep okay, but I wake up like clockwork at 5am. At least I get plenty done. I don't mind getting up early and am usually up at 6.15 anyway but I fear that extra hour and a quarter of sleep lost every day is going to catch up on me before long.

Any exciting plans afoot for anyone today? Nothing thrilling happening here. Lots to do around the house, things that get sidelined during the week when I'm at work.

Chicken x :chicken2:
27 Sep 2014, 07:29
image.jpg
Crackers
Morning cheeky :chicken2: we have bags and bags of crisps in the house, the kids eat them all up thank goodness. Found this little bag of " mini savoury snack crackers" in sainsburys, 90cal, and 12.7 carbs. So very nice with Han or cheese toppings. They're the size of mini cheddars, but not cheesy. And yes I have these now and again. Yummy.
27 Sep 2014, 08:56
Thats just cruel, Oatesy!

Well howdy chicken :chicken2: (glad you like the chicken!!) I fasted yesterday and it felt like such as loooonnnng day. Man Alive! Was it long. However, I didn't succomb to any "extras" and instead stuck to my packet of Batchelors Savoury Rice. It was pretty delish and tends to fill me up quite well.

Anyway, I was awoken in the night with a nosebleed! Thats never happened to me before. It wouldn't be fast related would it? Maybe it was watching Strictly from the comfort of my bed that did it. Every year I think I won't bother watching Strictly again...and then they start dancing and I find it highly entertaining...in an amusing sort of way. Looking forward to seeing Greg Wallace dance tonight!

I think its going to be a busy(ish) sort of day for me. I have loads of product photos to take and then edit and then try and get my listings on. This all takes rather a long time...and I have another shipment arriving next week so I have to get a move on :confused:

Happy Saturday everyone!
27 Sep 2014, 09:09
nursebean wrote: However, I didn't succomb to any "extras" and instead stuck to my packet of Batchelors Savoury Rice. It was pretty delish and tends to fill me up quite well.

I love Savoury Rice! I've not had any since I've starting this WOE as I'm trying to keep the carbs low. As a teenager I would make a packet up and just have that for my lunch. I particularly like the chinese style and curry flavoured ones.

nursebean wrote: Anyway, I was awoken in the night with a nosebleed! Thats never happened to me before. It wouldn't be fast related would it? Maybe it was watching Strictly from the comfort of my bed that did it. Every year I think I won't bother watching Strictly again...and then they start dancing and I find it highly entertaining...in an amusing sort of way. Looking forward to seeing Greg Wallace dance tonight!

That's odd re the nosebleed Bean. Can't see it being fast related. My son (18) has a tendency to get them now and again for no apparent reason (and often in the middle of the night) yet I've never had one.

I love Strictly! I shall be tuning in tonight. I only got into it about 3 years ago and love it. I even watch the It Takes Two nightly show with Zoe Ball. I thought Scott Mills was dire, stomping around and pointing. At least he admitted he couldn't dance. I found it quite painful to watch.

As for Greg Wallace. Now don't get me started on him. I cannot STAND the man. He's one of those people who just really irritates me. How he's become a celebrity I don't know. He's a jumped up greengrocer :razz:

I am looking forward to seeing Alison Hammond. Lisa Riley was awesome when she did it and I had feared she'd be rather embarrassing to watch. So light on her feet and so much energy! I just feel for Alison because whenever you've seen her in any of the shots, she has awful flat dancing shoes on, not the pretty, dainty shoes everyone else is wearing. :frown:

Chicken x :chicken2:
27 Sep 2014, 09:14
Oh dear! Sorry about bringing Greg Wallace up! I really enjoy MasterChef so I find him quite amusing...but, yes, what is celebrity now?

I dont' watch It Takes Two because I CAN'T STAND Zoe Ball! Sometimes she steps in for Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode's show...Urghh! I find her so annoying! How did she become famous? Oh yes, her father...

I'm not sure about Alison Hammond. I think she may be a bit OTT. One things for sure, its going to be VERY interesting isn't it!!

Ok, I'm in a quandary this morning. Last night I wrapped up my last Spider-Man Bobblehead, but then I noticed it had a bit of a crease along the top of the box. I emailed the buyer this morning to say I'd give them 50p refund (I take 50p off minor flaws) or they could have a full refund. I asked if they'd reply before 11:30 because thats when I post my items...but I haven't heard from them yet. What do I do? Do I send the parcel out anyway and refund 50p or do I wait? And they get the parcel Tuesday instead of Monday?

What a dilemma I'm in! :confused:
Previous 1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 Next
1061 posts Page 67 of 71