The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 23 of 60
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 60 Next
bofa45 wrote: No 43 here....today's weight 85.5. A loss of 1.1kg! Really pleased.......this does work! Carbs reduced greatly.

Onwards and downwards!!!

Wow @bofa45.. 1.1kg in a week .. how good is that!!!! well done
judithn wrote: Member #21 checking in. This weeks "official" weight is 146.1 which is down 1.7lb. :victory: Details are in my signature this week which I will try to keep updated.

Again well done on the weight loss @judithn
drDee wrote: Participant # 76 checking in. I am down an amazing 5 lbs. since my original weigh-in. Whoo hoo! I suppose since I am just starting over again a big chunk of that is water loss but still I rejoice that I'm not lugging it around today anyway.

How would I put my statistics and progress under my signature as many of you have?

Thanks, Dee

@drdeewhoohooo to 5 lbs in a week.
Numero six checking in but a bit baffled
According to doc's scales,have lost 3 lb ( unlikely) and on friend's scales,lost nothing (unfair).
Seems to make sense to go for 1.5 lb? ( 0.680 kg)
CandiceMarie wrote: Numero six checking in but a bit baffled
According to doc's scales,have lost 3 lb ( unlikely) and on friend's scales,lost nothing (unfair).
Seems to make sense to go for 1.5 lb? ( 0.680 kg)

Candice Marie -- it's good whether 3 or 1.5! I just make sure I weigh on the same scale each time (mine) because it doesn't really matter what I weight but rather if I've lost. And if you've lost more than 1.5 it will show up next time too. Dee
Sassy1 wrote: But I don't think everyone has a problem with wheat, or sugar, or all the other foods that someone or other may say is not good for you (providing you do not have excessive amounts of consumption of course!). Assuming you don't have an allergy or some other medical reason for not eating a certain food, then if you want to exclude it from your diet you need to be prepared to commit to that for life! (Unless you have decided to just go without for a short period of course.) If you aren't willing to give up a certain food, then excluding it now may lead to problems later - such as overindulgence, feeling guilty when you do, and giving up on your healthier eating regime, etc. ...
One of the beauties of the basic 5:2 eating regime, as has often been said, is that you don't need to give up anything.

This totally matches my experience! Dr. Davis, who acquaintances tell me still has quite the pot belly himself, has followed the well-trodden path to fame and riches that requires simplifying a very complex topic and telling people to do one very simple thing with the promise it will fix all that ails them.

The irony is that the people who are avoiding wheat because they believe they have developed sensitivities to it are mostly still pursuing the behaviors that are what gave them sensitivity to our most commonly eaten protein. You get reactions to proteins when you damage the lining of the gut. Several things that can do this are NSAIDs like ibuprofen, chemicals found in soy protein, and possibly excessive alcohol. Basically, if you have a lot of bleeding in your digestive tract you are likely to get these proteins in your blood and that will provoke antibodies.

So you can cut out wheat, but when you replace it with other proteins without fixing the leaky gut, you will simply develop new sensitivities to these new proteins.

Sugar and starch (which digests down to glucose) are different, because if people have higher than normal blood glucose, it will damage their organs over time. And many people have higher than normal blood sugars, which aren't caught by doctors because the diagnostic standard for abnormal blood sugar is set much too high. So cutting back on all starches and sugars to an extent that normalizes blood sugar will have huge health benefits. But there is no difference between grains or fruits in terms of their impact on blood sugar. Almost all the carbs they contain turn into glucose, and the fructose in fruit (which doesn't turn to glucose) turns into liver fat which increases insulin resistance.

I find the fad to avoid gluten and wheat, while stuffing oneself with rice flour and tapioca (the magic ingredient in "gluten free" bread) very sad. In the past, when people went gluten free they dropped their blood sugar dramatically, as it cut out all the bread, cake and cookies. Now it mostly increases their grocery bill, but their blood sugar is unchanged.
Current weight: 62.8kg (0.8kg loss) So far, so good. Thanks for the motivation.
#102 reporting in with a 2.7kg loss... I am thinking that is due to it being my first week, eating a very large amount over the weekend before starting and water weight! Still, despite the inflated start, it's motivating to at least have a good start :)

I think I might add extra to my goal though, to combat this and aim for a total of 8kgs (121kg)... So with a start of 2.7, I now am aiming for a further 5.3kgs :)
peebles wrote:

I find the fad to avoid gluten and wheat, while stuffing oneself with rice flour and tapioca (the magic ingredient in "gluten free" bread) very sad. In the past, when people went gluten free they dropped their blood sugar dramatically, as it cut out all the bread, cake and cookies. Now it mostly increases their grocery bill, but their blood sugar is unchanged.

@Peebles.. good response.
Ive always been skeptical about "gluten free" anything .. the one bread i tried for the fun it tasted so bad.
i always think people are too quick to be diagnosed as gluten intolerant. Drives the catering industry mad too.
JanKenPon wrote: #52
Current weight: 62.8kg (0.8kg loss) So far, so good. Thanks for the motivation.

Nearly a kilo in one week is fantastic @JankenPon I do hope that challenges and group support can make the difference and glad I can help a good 100 people. 11 weeks to go so if one is not yet showing a loss, keep at the method you planned and you will see some good results and probably well before Christmas
Panda_Po wrote: #102 reporting in with a 2.7kg loss... I am thinking that is due to it being my first week, eating a very large amount over the weekend before starting and water weight! Still, despite the inflated start, it's motivating to at least have a good start :)

I think I might add extra to my goal though, to combat this and aim for a total of 8kgs (121kg)... So with a start of 2.7, I now am aiming for a further 5.3kgs :)

8kg loss it is! @Panda_Po . well done
Wise words as always @peebles!

Number 34 checking in here with another small weight loss, now sitting at 60.8kg, but it is definitely as struggle!! Very low carbs and sugar and calorie counting :cry: Still, it is going slowly.
Hi, number 46 checking in, I didn't weigh in last week as my weigh in day is Friday and I didn't think 2 days would be useful. Today I weigh 178.6 and that is 3.4lbs down from my starting weight. Maybe being sober for October is helping :grin:
judithn wrote: Member #21 checking in. This weeks "official" weight is 146.1 which is down 1.7lb. :victory: Details are in my signature this week which I will try to keep updated.

Well done Judithn :heart:
Hi! No 70 here.
Gained 1 lbs this week; which is not surprising, as I had a very half hearted FAST day yesterday. i.e. did fine until I got home in the evening and then it stopped being a FAST day, and turned into a FEAST - and that extra 'E' stands for eating!
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 23 of 60