The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

373 posts Page 7 of 25
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 25 Next
Re: Your super summer challenge
09 Jun 2015, 07:35
@RedRobin guess the scales are having a fickle day - I'd definitely go by how you feel and have a good day. On a non fast day I aim for a bit less than the TDEE as I guesstimate calories so at least some days I come in under. That little bit of TDEE wiggle room seems to work for me.
09 Jun 2015, 07:40
Thanks @Lizbean I shall go back to doing that this week and make more careful choices not just based on calories but on actual quality of food and hopefully that will do the trick :-)
09 Jun 2015, 10:22
I was up this past week, but that was already kinda in the works when the challenge started. I'm working on reversing it now! I had a pretty good fast yesterday and I'll have hopefully a better one tomorrow!
09 Jun 2015, 11:10
I had a good one yesterday too, I've at last realised that I can fast all day with prob 100 cals, go to exercise class and not die of lethargy in the high impact cardio bit.
09 Jun 2015, 11:52
Well, I'm a happy bunny today!

Have dropped 2lbs this week, so that's a good start to the challenge.....
09 Jun 2015, 11:56
Good news @hazelnut20 :like: :victory:
I get weighed tomorrow at Slimming World..joined so i wd have someone to be accountable to when i got weighed each week,plus following SW on non fast days might help me deal better with non fasting!
Downside is, i get weighed teatime,so it wont be an optimum weight! X
09 Jun 2015, 12:13
Any port in a storm, I say, @candicemarie. Whatever you need to do to make weight loss work for you sweetie! We are all just here ready to cheer you on along the way.....and support you when you need it.

I enjoy belonging to groups, but I have always been too mean to pay out a weekly sub and too time-poor to attend a regular meeting anyway. I totally understand that you will get something from it - so maybe you will have the best of both worlds!

You getting your mojo back is all that matters.....and I am thrilled to read all your fun posts! It feels like the forum has become more energised since the recent post asking where everyone was. It's lovely to see so many familiar "old" names back with us, together with some really keen newbies!

I know I couldn't do without the forum....
09 Jun 2015, 12:26
Well done my Nutty friend@Hazlenut20 you are doing well. 2 pounds gone already? That's just great!
As for me, basically its ditto everything Candy says. We seem to have gone astray together...very strange! Lets just hope we get into gear now xx :wink:
09 Jun 2015, 13:00
Oh you will, @nursebean - I have every faith in you! I meant to tag you in my last message, as I know you and Candy are in similar places right now. Isn't it funny how things seem to go in a cyclical fashion, waxing & waning? You were so helpful to me during the DODO challenge and it seems to have got me back on track - even if progress is pretty slow, I am so grateful to be going in the right direction again. If there's anything I can do to help you, you only need to ask. As you know, I really enjoy reading your posts too....and don't like it when you go quiet......

Will keep my fingers very crossed that you get back into gear......you can do it, Beany!! Xx
09 Jun 2015, 13:02
Oh you will, @nursebean - I have every faith in you! I meant to tag you in my last message, as I know you and Candy are in similar places right now. Isn't it funny how things seem to go in a cyclical fashion, waxing & waning? You were so helpful to me during the DODO challenge and it seems to have got me back on track - even if progress is pretty slow, I am so grateful to be going in the right direction again. If there's anything I can do to help you, you only need to ask. As you know, I really enjoy reading your posts too....and don't like it when you go quiet......

Will keep my fingers very crossed that you get back into gear......you can do it, Beany!! Xx
09 Jun 2015, 13:16
Well done all on your successes!
I have fasted today for the first time in weeks and finally had lunch at 3.30pm which was good going. It's not perfect but a start. I would just like to get back into the skirt I bought with me :frown:
09 Jun 2015, 15:36
Just joined the site and officially starting the 5:2 diet today. Although I have"fasted" after reading through the book, I have never done the 500 cal per day...afraid I will waste away I guess ;-) I Always have an excuse to take an extra bite, eat an extra meal. Been struggling for 15 years, now my weight is tipping after 2 kids back to back (they are 2 and 3 now...no more excuses with "baby weight")
I am almost 42, 5'10", 227 lbs and in a year I would LOVE to lose 70 lbs (157 lbs) but that seems unrealistic to me now that I am over 40. I would be very happy with 165-170 as well!! But for this summer challenge I expect I can lose about 15 in the coming 7 weeks.
Wish me luck and strength! :grin:
09 Jun 2015, 19:58
Good evening!

So... I always seem to be too busy to check into the site when a new challenge begins--gutted to miss the start yet again! But I was sort in a self-imposed challenge mode last week so I'll pretend that I joined in a week ago! :)

I've got a holiday and a wedding in the next 7 weeks so I'm going to aim for as much loss as I can in the period. I haven't weighed in the past week or so (been a bit of a discouraging plateau lately), but my goal is to lose 6 lbs before I go away on July 21 (which is 6 weeks away), so 1 lbs a week on average. I'd dearly love to have lost at least a few lbs before this wedding as I'm one of the witnesses which means I'll have to be in a few photos! Then the goal will be to come back on July 31 not having gained too much.

While I don't plan to fast properly whilst on holiday in Montenegro and Croatia, I am looking forward to hiking and swimming and am hoping all that great exercise, weather and relaxation will mitigate the delicious meals out we're bound to enjoy!

Tentative goal is 74 kgs (163 lbs), which is just 5 lbs from my overall goal set 7 months ago!
09 Jun 2015, 20:09
Jeepers :shock: loving this thread but I'm skim reading, good peeps back and lovely newbies welcome AND @Sallyo stirring the southern hemisphere into action! :heart: :victory: I'm sure we will meet in the middle, is that our autumn/spring? :clover:
10 Jun 2015, 21:19
Hello and welcome @mimosarosa - loving the name!

Don't worry that you will "waste away"........ think of it more as "waist away"!!!!!!!! Ooh, that's a good reminder for you to measure yourself everywhere....so you can keep a record of the inches you will lose!

It's great to have you with us. My best advice would be to read as much as you can on here whenever you have a moment, because there's many an inspirational story and plenty of advice, support & friendship on offer whenever you need it.

Well done for joining us & I wish you the best of luck...
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 25 Next
373 posts Page 7 of 25