The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

222 posts Page 8 of 15
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15 Next

Which days do you fast?

Sunday
3%
Monday
35%
Tuesday
9%
Wednesday
11%
Thursday
31%
Friday
6%
Saturday
2%
I vary my days most weeks
3%
Total votes : 1657

Re: What days do you fast?
19 May 2013, 15:00
I started out fasting on a Monday and Thursday but we always have a roast dinner on a Sunday with rather lovely leftovers on the following day! I therefore found that Tuesday and Thursday was less frustrating! I'm lucky - I work full-time so am constantly busy. Also,it was my boss who recommended the Fast Diet so, even though we don't talk about it much, it's an automatic moral support thing (even if he does occasionally forget and put milk in my coffee on a fast day!!) I would definitely recommend fasting when you're busy and, if possible, have someone you live or work with fast with you. :smile:
22 May 2013, 03:18
Just started end of April and so far have lost 6lbs. Initially I did Monday and Wednesday but found I was really tired on Wednesday afternoon so have decided to change to Monday and Friday to see if that makes a difference.
22 May 2013, 03:25
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the loss! My favorite combo is Monday/Thursday. But my husband now has standing lunch meetings on Thursdays :-( so we most often do Monday/Wednesday. I agree it's a bit harder with so little space between them. I think you may like Monday Friday a lot better :-)
23 May 2013, 03:11
i figured the weekends wouldn't be the best, nor friday, as that's when i'm most likely to be out with friends, or working hard in the garden and not wanting to do that on no food. since i wanted days well-spaced, mon and thurs seemed a good choice (though i move my days around occasionally).

i started out without set days, and that didn't work so well as it made each day a decision, and well... eating is kind of appealing!
24 May 2013, 17:05
Like the majority, I started out with mondays and thursdays. Since my schedule is fairly flexible--I work from home--there hasn't been any conflict yet and this leaves the weekend open for socializing.

So far, I've lost 9lbs. Not super fast, but it feels healthy and it's been nearly effortless.
27 May 2013, 17:46
Monday and Tuesday for me, for no other reason than it fits my life and work..... I do look forward to them though :-)
28 May 2013, 02:06
My husband and I are both doing 5:2 and Mondays and Thursdays suit us best. He is 69 and I am 68, retired and love this diet
28 May 2013, 02:41
Welcome to the forums, phylco!
02 Jun 2013, 09:11
I chose Sunday and Thursdays. Mondays are mentally too hard to me, I'm just trying to deal with having to go into the office and not be home enjoyin myself (my hub's business) and to me Thursdays is like my ole college days.
I've gotten thru the worst of the work week and chill time is around the corner.
Also Sunday is when I run around and do my errands, prepping for the work week, so it's easier to keep my mind off of food.
11 Jun 2013, 07:32
As I am beginning with 4:3 I chose Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I wanted to leave the weekends for a more "normal" life as I have family lunch every Sundays and that, with my Honey, we go to the restaurant nearly each Tuesdays.
11 Jun 2013, 07:50
Monday and Thursday for me (although it is only my second week) Like most others, I have to be busy as spare time often leads to a cuppa and the enevitable biscuit or two!
I think I will have to be flexible during school holidays though.
Just wondering if there is a recommended time to weigh oneself... Morning following a fast day or end of week?
12 Jun 2013, 10:42
My days vary. I only started yesterday and it was supposed to be my day off work but I was called in which made it quiet easier for me to understand what it means by over eating. It has made me realize that I actually eat too much on random times. I have opted for fasting on random days (which might not work but i am testing out the theory for now) My "normal" day is tomorrow so I am going to exercise and eat healthy and smile :)
15 Jun 2013, 15:02
Tuesday and Saturday are my planned fast days as husband usually works a Saturday and isn't home for dinner. Tuesday will be one of my working days when I return to work after mat leave so I figure I'll have less chance to crave food! First one today and so far so good :)
29 Jun 2013, 07:02
Like many, Mondays and Thursdays work best for me, mainly because I'm at work and it flies by. Have tried it at home of a weekend and found it much harder x

PS - re when to weigh yourself - I have noticed that I never seem to have lost on the first feed day after a fast, it seems to be the following day that it tends to show up on the scales. Anyone else notice that? But generally I weigh myself "officially" once a week,.
29 Jun 2013, 07:31
Monday and Thursday for me. I love to look forward to Monday fasts during what is usually an excessive weekend :wink: Because Thursday is my second fast of the week, my official weigh in is Friday morning - that is about as good as it is going to get (I do check through the week, so I know this is true) The overall trend is downwards though :victory:
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15 Next
222 posts Page 8 of 15