The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

222 posts Page 7 of 15
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15 Next

Which days do you fast?

Sunday
3%
Monday
35%
Tuesday
9%
Wednesday
11%
Thursday
31%
Friday
6%
Saturday
2%
I vary my days most weeks
3%
Total votes : 1657

Re: What days do you fast?
21 Apr 2013, 08:33
Hi, I just joined and have done one week so far with a good weight loss for that week. I feel I have over-indulged this weekend so I am adding in an extra fasting day, which is today (Sunday) my normal fasting days are Monday and Wednesday as this fits in around the days when I have my grandchildren from school for tea x
21 Apr 2013, 13:47
I usually fast on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. But sometimes I switch to Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays, depending on my social life. I am still quite new to this Way of Life and thought I'd do 4/3 instead of 5/2 to speed things up a little bit. I love this way of (not) eating, it seems to spill over into my 'feast' days as well!
23 Apr 2013, 21:41
I started the 5:2 diet after doing lots of research and buying the book. I decided Mondays and Thursdays would be best for me, as I'm busy through the day so it keeps my mind off of it.

Also they're the days I don't see my boyfriend... I know lots of lucky people on here are doing the 5:2 WITH their partners, I wish I could, but as a type 1 diabetic he's off the list of people allowed, PFFT! If I tried fasting on the days I was with him I'd give in straight away, as whenever his blood sugar is a little low he opts for some chocolate and I have to try and restrain myself!!
27 Apr 2013, 19:33
Newbie here *waves* - I started 5:2 last Thursday and think the Mon/Thurs combo will suit very well most weeks. I've been a lifelong yo-yo dieter and, at 5' 1" every pound shows. My husband is doing it too so we'll support each other....here's to a new lifestyle!
27 Apr 2013, 20:35
Have only been on this for 3 weeks. For me it seems easy to choose mon/wed/fri (I do 4:3) and then the weekend off :smile: , and so far, it is working perfect for me :like:
27 Apr 2013, 20:46
I prefer Monday and Thursday but occasionally sawp the Monday for Tuesday. It fits round what I'm doing more easily that way, we have a starbucks and danish breakfast club at work on Fridays so that wouldn't work for me and the weekends are out as that's when my hubby and I experiment with new recipes.
27 Apr 2013, 21:03
My husband and I do Monday/Friday as he works nights and those are the days that suit him best, although the ability to be flexible with this WOE is what makes it so appealing. Two weeks in and 6lb down - it works!
29 Apr 2013, 06:54
:smile: I fast Tuesday and Thursday. Monday is a big gym workout day and more likely to be a day when I'm not working and at this stage i think i would get too hungry after all that exercise. Fridays is a night out at the pub for a drink after work so that day is no good either.
Tuesday's and Thursdays suit me fine because I'm working and not much else happens those days. :heart:
29 Apr 2013, 07:06
Changed my vote to Monday and Thursday. The first two weeks I fasted on Tuesday and Thursday, but only one feed day between fasts made me feel unpleasantly hungry and weak, because I had trouble eating enough Wednesday.

Today is my first time fasting on a Monday, I hope it will make things easier from now on, and help me not overindulge in high calorie density foods on weekends.
01 May 2013, 07:28
I entered Tues, Thurs and Sunday - because it will be either Tues or Thurs and Sunday - doing 5:2 - Sunday cuz hubby always has pizza (store bought) and I can eat or not eat whatever I feel like, and Tues or Thurs as they seem to be logical days for me. Time will tell.
06 May 2013, 08:42
I only started the 5:2 WOE last week; had my first fast on Friday, then another yesterday - so that's my 2 for last week. This week I'm doing Tuesday and Thursday, but from next week onwards I'll probably switch to Mondays & Thursdays.
06 May 2013, 08:51
Hello hannydee and welcome to the forums.
I switch my days about- well, usually do a Sunday and then one other day depending on what;s doing. It's great having the flexibility. :)
07 May 2013, 14:15
Another newbie here, i vary my days as well but do like to fast on a saturday as i tend to get up the same time as on a work day and find myself grazing all day otherwise.
Fasting helps me to be in control.
09 May 2013, 20:41
Hi, I am very very new to this as I haver never joined a forum before today.
Consequently i am just trying to find my way round. Hopefully will get there soon.
This is my fifth fast day. Having lost 8lbs I am really pleased with the new lifestyle and feel comfortable with it at the moment probably the euphoria of being to eat normally between fast days. Have joined the forum to hopefully keep motivated once the initial enthusiasm fades a little.
Thanks and good luck fellow fasters.
11 May 2013, 02:24
Hi Everyone
I'm new to the 5:2 Diet. My sister Mullumgirl is doing so well and has lost 6kg in a few weeks and loves it .I have yoyo dieted all my adult life and am back to being about 16kgs overweight.
I plan to start on Monday and my husband wants to do it with me which will help a lot. We are retiring early next year and it would be soooo good to start our trip around Australia feeling fit and healthy.
I guess the first step is to get to the supermarket and make sure we have all the right foods in stock and then plan our fast days ahead of time.
I have started walking with the dog we are minding every day for at least 1/2 hour so I hope more regular exercise help me reach my goal.
I will look forward t your help and suggestions.
Good Luck everyone.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15 Next
222 posts Page 7 of 15