The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 28 of 60
Previous 1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
08 Jul 2014, 12:47
Hi Candy, glad you don't have an itchy cast. Sorry about the arthritis, it's no fun is it?
The critters are doing fine. Maisie, our doggie is really sensitive to noise. She started reacting badly after we had a day of nasty weather, full of thunder, and the tornado siren sounding over thirteen times in one day. Really bad day, and since then she gets really upset with any loud noise.
The kitties are fine. They don't mind noise unless it's REALLY loud.
I hope you are having a good day. We are doing ok. Fasting today. How is your fast going today? Sending you a big hug. Phyl
09 Jul 2014, 13:17
I'm lucky with my girls as they never seem too bothered by fireworks (or thunderstorms like the other night). As long as the tv is on to distract them...and they have food in their tummies...they're pretty happy little girls!

So how is everyone? I'm so sorry I'm not around much but my head is swimming just trying to get to grips with technology so I can set my eBay shop up properly. The other day I received an email with my new Logo and template with the message "here are you codes for your template". I'm thinking, that great but how the bananas do I put them on? Well I can't admit being so foolish so I'm busy trying to find out! Theres a lot more to this eBay business than just selling you know!

Anyway, last night I was particularly exhausted. I think its beginning to take its toll. However, I'm lucky because I find that I do get some energy back if I lie down for a while (listening to Wittertainment!)

How are you guys getting on today?

Bean :smile:
09 Jul 2014, 15:45
My fast is going fine thanks MM@MountainMyst! Just had my usual 430 slimmasoup and spilt some on the clean top ive just put on...gahhhhh!
Hope your fast went well?
Beano@nursebean glad you're ok :like:
I received three ebay purchases today...new bra,new top and a phone for only £8.
Love it,its like Christmas! XX
10 Jul 2014, 12:34
Well I hope you'll be popping in my shop one day...just as soon as I can get the blimmin thing sorted!

:bugeyes:
10 Jul 2014, 12:48
Bean, I'm looking forward to seeing your shop. Glad you taking a little time to rest.
Candy, congrats on your nifty purchases. I love going to thrift shops, got two dresses a few weeks ago for four dollars each, got my senior discount too. :-) at least age has some perks.
My daughter and I are taking a wee break from fasting. Deidre is having her summer crash. Every day dealing with the rapid pounding heart rate, swelling every time she goes out in the heat, shortness of breath and increased weakness. I think fasting would just be too much stress at the moment. We are eating lots of fruits and veggies, and continuing lots of fluid intake.
Will monitor the weight and fast again if it starts climbing. I'm almost to goal and at a weight my body seems to like, healthy BMI and my waist is less than half my height, so I'll just be happy where I am for the time being.
Thought about moving somewhere it's not a hot as here, but we can't move that far north, it's called Canada. ;-) and they don't want us. LOL.
Hope everyone is having a really great day. Love and big hugs. Phyllis
11 Jul 2014, 04:29
@MountainMystenjoy yr break...long as you dont go crazy! Which i know you won't. Keep hydrated like you said.
well done being near your goal! X
So sorry about DD. Is there anything much worse than having an ill child,whatever their age? Big hugs to you all and try to keep cool...
Hope you' ll still call by xx
11 Jul 2014, 11:34
Hi Candy, of course I'll be here, can't go more than a day or two without checking in with my buddies. :-)
One good thing about the hot days is the appetite goes down as the temp goes up. Unfortunately, the energy level for cooking goes down too. Will be watching with numbers closely.
I know you understand having a sick child, it's worse than being sick yourself. Just so helpless. We have found that when we go out, if Deidre wears a cold pack strapped to her abdomen, and a cool wrap around her neck, it helps. Wish I could afford to check her heart out really well, right now it's just out of the question. It worries me since her illness started with myocarditis,and her symptoms are similar to mild heart failure. It's really scary.
Well, enough dumping my worries on you. How is your day going? I do love this way of eating, it allows you to learn what you need to eat to be healthier and it's flexible.

Sending my fast friends much love and big hugs Phyllis
21 Jul 2014, 17:57
Hello my little buddies. Hope you're not suffering too much in this heat, Candy. It so muggy isn't it...and next weeks gonna be worse!

Well, I managed to sell an item which was rather exciting. Now I just need to sell the rest!!

Don't mean to keep staying away from here but I keep thinking about you

Best wishes

Bean xxxx
22 Jul 2014, 17:05
Hi @MountainMystand @nursebean XX!
My heart goes out to you MM x it's dreadful that Deirdre can't have her heart checked out :0( So often in theUk,we complain about the NHS,but really we're so fortunate to have it.
You're right- I too would prefer to be ill for every day of the rest of my life if DD could be free from this horrible illness and able to get on with life. It would be a fair swap in my opinion as i was lucky to be well from childhood til my midforties and was able to enjoy each stage of my life without anything holding me back.x
Phyl, how is the non fasting going? Are you enjoying it,missing it,managing not to over eat..or a mixture of everything?
@nursebean so glad you've had yr first sale after so much hard work! hope its the start of something BIG!
Its toooooo hot for me,how bout you! I feel too warm in any weather - coz of inflammation,i guess?
This heat makes my aches and pains worse,feel better in the cool,tho its lovely to see the sunshine. Have got the fan on all the time.do either of you have air con? X
image.jpg
Good way to keep cool :0) x!
image.jpg (12.16 KiB) Viewed 594 times
23 Jul 2014, 11:07
WhooHoo Beany !! Congrats on your first sale. Hoping it's just the first of many. It's good to see you!
Candy , oh yes we do have air conditioning! Most everyone does in the Southern U.S. With summer temp. Getting into the 90's and sometimes 100's, you pretty much need it to survive. Although not everyone does. When I grew up, we didn't, and just before Deidre was born,we were staying with my in-laws,and they didn't have it. The week she was born, it was 104!!! I though I would melt. LOL

We can't deal with heat now days at all. Do deal with extremes of heat or cold well. I hope you can stay cool in your heat wave. Try wetting a scarf and tying it round your neck, it really does help.

We are doing ok on the break. This way of eating kinda gets in your head, so it's hard for me to go too insane. :-) I'm fluctuating about a pond up and down, depending on how much bread I eat. And, we bought some ice cream on sale, I should never have ice cream in the house! It just keep calling my name. LOL

Going to try and resume a modified fast next week though. Deidre is gaining a little and doesn't want to go back up any. With her needing the electrolyte solution, we probably won't do 500calories, but more like 700. Still, should help, I think.
It's great to have another Mom to talk to about the worries of caring for a child with M.E. Sure do wish we didn't need to know that. Even though our children are grown, a Mom still worries. Thanks for listening. (((((Hug))))).
Well, enough of my rambling. Wishing you a great week. Phyllis
23 Jul 2014, 16:16
@MountainMyst between the ice cream calling me from the freezer and the biscuits shouting out from the cupboard,the only way i can abstain is not have them in the house
Unfortunately tho we have a little corner shop across the road and the sweets and chocolates have very loud voices which i can still hear from my lounge :lol:
Whats a gal supposed to do! X
Good luck with modified fasting x what does electrolyte solution mean,is it related to DDs heart?
Thanks for the cold wet scarf tip..much comfier now i' m giving it a try! X :like:
24 Jul 2014, 11:29
Hi Candy, glad the scarf helped. We learned that little trick one hot summer at Disney World. Deidre wears one now when we go out, it really helps.
The electrolyte solution is like Gatoraide, only mine has less additives and sugar. We use Koolaide so we can make all kinds of flavors. I have been thinking of trying adding the electrolytes to fruit juice,as I've got heaps of blackberries at the moment.
Oh, if I lived across the street from a shop full of goodies, I would have to invest in ear plugs. LOL no more ice cream in my house, I have no will power when it comes to that.
Sounds like hubby is getting up. Off to make coffee. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs Phyllis
11 Aug 2014, 00:00
Calling@MountainMyst! How are you and the family dear Phyl ?
I' m not too bad at the moment..just very achey...when i had regular reflexology,my aches vanished over the course of a couple of years,and stayed away..they're creeping back,think partly arthritis related now.When i had hand xray after recent fall,the nurse showed me how arthritis in my hand shows up on an xray as a thick white line. Joys of getting older! :wink:
It's late night here,time to go bobos..do you have a time of day/ night you feel better...
I and DD always feel our mojos work a bit better in the late evening..in fact what i do,if i intend going out next day,is i get everything ready in the evening while i' m feeling more chipper...so right now my hair and nails are done,clothes are ready to slip on tomorrow,make up is set out all ready for me to slap on,bag is sorted...
I find if i leave it all til morning,by the time i've got ready i'm cursing ,coz feeling drained before ive even stepped out of the door!
So,all i need is some nice weather tomorrow ( but think we're forecast more of the mad rain we've had for most of today!) :doh: x x
11 Aug 2014, 07:18
Morning peeps! Hows it going in here?

Starting to feel the effects of running a shop but can't complain! Am fasting for the first time in ages today so I think its going to be quite a long day. Better get sorted with lots of green tea. Not sure about black coffee as its not my favourite thing so may treat myself to having a little drop of milk in there.

What are you guys up to?

:confused:
11 Aug 2014, 14:09
Hi @nursebean well here we are,back in the saddle and galloping off,clippety clop,hurrahhhhh to us!
Yes you have that drop of milk ..i am just about to have my first very small cuppa of the day at 3 pm,and almost just waving the milk bottle at it..the merest trickle..
Didnt sleep at all last night but feeling okish despite no zeds x x however havent been able to go out as planned.Maybe tomorrow x
Previous 1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 28 of 60