The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 48 of 60
Previous 1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
09 Jul 2015, 12:47
I've just opened the window and shouted," i' m mad as hell and i' m not gonna take it!" X
Phew,that feels better x!
09 Jul 2015, 15:44
Did you get some funny looks?!!
Oh you've changed your avatar. Very apt words xx
10 Jul 2015, 11:36
Hi@nursebean,@CandiceMarie, oh, how I would have loved to see your neighbors faces. :-) I think I'll get Deidre and we shall go out in the yard and scream very loudly!! Probably no one will notice. :-)
Beany, I, too considered medical transcription early in my illness, same result as you.:-( I couldn't sit up straight to type for more than 5 minutes. It is so hard to find a way to earn money. I am currently looking at trying my hand a paper mâché. I have on occasion done little people out of polymer clay for friends, but my hands won't let me work with it now. My arthritis is better, but my hands aren't strong enough to work with clay. So, gonna try paper. Looks like fun anyway, and I could use some fun :-)
Candy, I think we should all change our middle name to Patience. :-) goodness know we have had to learn it. I am so sorry that the LDN didn't work as you hoped. There is talk of Retuximab trials. Have you seen the latest Norwegian study results? Even Simon Wessely is trying to say, see I told you this wasn't a psychological illness. :-0 and him the one who made it that way. The man has nerve, I'll give him that. :-)
Don't give up my friends!! We may not have a cure yet, but there is good research going on. We are strong and we will live our lives, limited though they may be, with humor and joy( and a bit of screaming:-) ) love and hugs,Phyl
10 Jul 2015, 11:41
Oh what a lovely thing to write Phyl @MountainMyst. We certainly do have patience, though, don't we!!
I think the paper mache sounds great. I'm guessing its pretty therapeutic. Another thing I noticed recently is colouring for adults. Might be enjoyable. I was thinking, like you, of creating things, maybe models of something and selling them but I don't really know where to start!! :confused: I'm sure something will come along, I just have to keep looking for it (maybe a rich man would be a good start! :wink: )
Well our Candy is off galavanting this weekend. I hope she has a lovely time. Certainly sounds like an idyllic area.
As for me, I've just discovered I've lost a pound after 2 weeks on holiday! Very happy with that xx
Love and Beany hugs to you both
xx
10 Jul 2015, 12:06
Hi@nursebean you lost a pound while on holiday, that is FABULOUS!!!!!!! I do think the Isle of Wight agrees with you. Now to find that rich man. ;-)
Are you on Pinterest? There are lots of crafty things on there. I hear ETSY is a good place to sell handmade items. I will check all that out after I find out if I can really get the pictures in my head into physical form. :-) there are people doing beautiful things.
We are hoping to get Deidre set up with a workshop. She loves hats and steampunk type things. When we get settled that is our goal, for her to be able to earn some money and be more independent.( and maybe find that rich fella) We are getting older and I worry, so we need to get settled. Finally decided on the area we are planning to move to, now we just need to get this place on the market and sold. :-)
Well, gotta run, need to get the coffee going and feed my outdoor kitties. Wishing you and out Candy a marvelous weekend. Love, Phyl
11 Jul 2015, 06:14
Thanks Phyl @MountainMyst I'm still pretty amazed myself!
That's a great idea for your daughter to get creative and make money at the same time. Steampunk?! What's that?!
It's sounds as though we're in a similar boat: we too have found where we want to live. Now all we have to do is get the house sorted and put it on the market...no worries :confused: :bugeyes: (where is it you want to move to?)
I think it would be great to make things to sell. My mind is blank as to what to make. I'll have to try and find inspiration somehow!
Well I hope you too are enjoying your weekend. My sister will be returning today after visiting her MIL in Hull so I'm looking forward to seeing her and the boys again ;)
Take care amigos
Beany love and hugs xx
11 Jul 2015, 19:08
Hello girls! Home after my mini break! Home early and for once it was my Beau not me feeling unwell...
It was lovely to be at the seaside / countryside for 24 hours! But then i got thrown out for putting my head out window and screaming,haha!
Yes Phyl...what is Steampunk,i am intrigued...! Oh and Simon W grrrrr..... So he's done an about turn? :shock:
Didnt think i wd live to see the day..i must look into that,thks for the heads up
Bean,ive bean thinking of doing colouring..have seen a lot about it lately and you can buy little books..i imagine very therapeutic,rather like meditation
Do you guys ever meditate? I love to do it and just drift off..have got quite good at it over the years but neglected it lately x x sending out prayers you both get exactly what youre looking for - or something even better..you both deserve it sooooo much x x
12 Jul 2015, 12:50
Hi@nursebean,@CandiceMarie, so good to see you both. I spent yesterday trying to figure out how to describe steampunk. :-) it's sort of Victorian, meets modern, technical. Think Jules Verne. You see a lot of it at comic, fantasy conventions. You can probably get a better idea by Goggling it. I think I'm a bit too old to do it justice. :-)
Beany, where have you decided to live? We are planning to move to a place called Cookeville, it's in the middle of the state of Tennessee, on what is called the Cumberland Plateau. My husband went to Uni there, and we lived there the first couple of years after we married. It has rolling hills, mountains, gorges and waterfalls etc. lots of out in the country peace and quiet, but close enough to the town for convience areas. It also tends to be a bit cooler than here as its a higher elevation. Now to just get this place sold. :-) hope you are enjoying your time with your sister and family.
Candy, so sorry you little break was cut short. Hope your beau is feeling better soon. And, I can't believe they would be upset by your screaming out the window. Humph, the nerve. :-) as for Simon, I don't think have has really changed his tune. He is just trying to position himself to be able to say that he was misunderstood, and of course we are sick. Probably wants to head up the studies or something. He is an opportunist, pure and simple.
Thank you for your good wishes. I think we all deserve a break! I'm enjoying looking at all the ideas of things to do with paper mâché. There are some really talented folks out there. I think I'm in danger of becoming addicted to Pinterest. :-)
Hope you are both having a marvelous Sunday!! Love and hugs, Phyl
13 Jul 2015, 12:52
Hi@CandiceMarie,@nursebean, forgot to say I think your ideas about coloring are terrific. I've seen lots of pretty things for that, some beautiful mandalas,etc. Candy, I have tried meditation, but I'm not very good at it. I suffer from a bad case of "monkey mind" keeps going off in different directions and such. I have been thinking of giving it another go. I have read that meditation is good for lowering blood pressure and such, not to mention just peaceful. Do you have a program you follow?
Just wanted to say Hi. Hope your week is off to a good start. Love, Phyl
18 Jul 2015, 11:08
Howdy @mountainmyst x yes meditation is so peaceful and yes it canbe difficult at first to switch off the monkey mind..my friend recommended lighting a candle and staring at the flame andthatworked for me in the longterm..just sitting quietly looking at the flame and gently bringing your mind back to it when it starts to wander. Taking some long deep breaths helps too. Ive got good at it in the thirty years ive bean doing it but i still have timesi cant settle...most times i go off into a lovely dreamlike but awake state and see some lovely pictures in my head. I no longer always make a ritual out of it with candles,darkened room,nice music,incense etc tho i do sometimes..quite often i meditate if i'm walkingin a woods or by water. Its worth persevering coz i am sure like you said it helps with blood pressure and with general well being.
XXX happy weekend my little buds XXX
20 Jul 2015, 05:24
Good morning monkeys!!
Well here we are again...Monday morning! I'm starting to feel quietly optimistic now because I've felt so good (since a I started Slimming World and holidayed on a beautiful island!) I wonder whether fasting isn't suitable for me. Anyway, I had a fab time with my sister and my two little nephews and was just so pleased that I had the energy to do things. I really think I might be on the road to recovery. When .i get tired, I just rest for a bit and then carry on. It works!!
Phyl, your chosen area sounds like paradise! How exciting. It's such a shame we can't just press a button and find ourselves in our new chosen home isn't it. No, we have to go through the move instead...doh!!
Well, since our holiday on the Isle of Wight we are super keen to sell up and move there (well I say super keen but my mum needs some convincing!) It's quite daunting the thought of sorting out the house and putting it on the market but it'll be so worth it. Living on an island?! What's not to like? ;)
Candy, the nearest I came to meditation would be when ?I used my Paul McKenna hypnosis tapes. Strangely, I would always get stuck on the part where you had to visualise yourself thin. I just couldn't do it!! :0
Anyway, I'd better go before this becomes a two page article!
I do hope you're both on a good run and .i wish you well with getting your house sold Phyl.
Take care buddies xx
20 Jul 2015, 08:31
Talking if monkeys,ha ve you heard thesaying,slowly slowly catchee monkee..
So glad youre feeling well but take it very cautiously for now Beano..i' m glad youre resting between busy times
Me & Phyl promise not to throw you out of our club if you do get better! X you can still be an honorary member!
Have a good week folks xx!
20 Jul 2015, 15:58
I think I've got a long way to go before I'm thrown out of the club Candy but it's good to know I won't be exiled ;)
30 Jul 2015, 19:24
Hi there my good old pals @nursebean and @mountainmyst
Sorry ive neglected this thread for a while..just havent had the energy to write much,which is unusual
for me,as i usually visit several times a day and read loads and write quite a bit too.
Just calling by to leave hugs and say hello xoxoxo
30 Jul 2015, 21:11
Thank you for those hugs Candy! Lovely to hear from you on here. It's all a bit quiet really isn't it.

Big weigh-in tomorrow so fingers crossed I've lost half a stone at least ;)

Hope you're both ok. Beany hugs to you both xx
Previous 1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 48 of 60