The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 50 of 60
Previous 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
03 Oct 2015, 13:14
Hi@CandiceMarie, wow, I thought I had already checked in since your last post, guess I just thought it. :-) gee, I miss my brain! ;-)
Hope your weekend is off to a great start! How did you do on this weeks weigh in? Sounds like you had a good day out, glad you were able to enjoy an autum day. We are getting drenched here. Rain coming off the hurricane that is coming up the east coast, I think. Been raining for a couple of days, and more to come. Good soup weather, if I can figure out what we want. :-)
Hope you have a great weekend! Hugs, Phyl
05 Oct 2015, 11:45
Woohoo @mountainmyst and @nursebean! We have reached page 50!
I lost a pound at last weigh in Phyl...slow but sure..
Is it still raining Phyl? We've just had a beautiful week of warm sun,while the leaves have been gently falling..
Bean feeding the squirrels,birds and ducks a lot down at the park...blissful to be out in nature.
Hope you both have a good week..did you read that theyre now linking Lyme Disease with ME,lupus etc...and saying that Lyme Disease has nothing to do with getting a tick bite..xx
09 Oct 2015, 11:10
Hi@CandiceMarie, I hope your week is going well! A pound lost, that's great!! Your walks and feeding the critters sound like a great day out. I went shopping on Monday, that's the reason I'm so long in replying. Not nearly as much fun as your walks. :-)
It has stopped raining finally, weather has been quite pleasant. We have been going through and clearing out thinks we no longer need, taking things to the charity shop. My house is a wreck! I wonder what it would be like to have a clean house??? Not having the energy to clean and organize is one of the worst aspects of this illness for me. There is so much I need and want to do. Ah well, I am getting somewhat better, less pain and such, so maybe one day I will be able to do what I want. I hope we all will!!
I had heard that many folks diagnosed with M.E. Actually had Lyme but haven't read the latest. There was a time I thought I might have Lyme, as many years ago I did have the bullseye rash and such, but have tested negative several times. I'll have to do some more reading, I wouldn't be surprised to find it is all the same.
Well, gotta get started on the day. Hope you are having a wonderful day!!
Hi to our friend Beany@nursebean!! Sending you both a big hug. Phyllis
18 Nov 2015, 13:11
Hello strangers, @CandiceMarie, @nursebean. How are you? I can't believe it's been so long since we posted on this thread. I swear I don't know where the time goes!

Nothing much going on here. Am being reminded that this illness doesn't just go away. Very low energy at the moment, heart symptoms playing up etc. good news, my cholesterol is finally coming down, I think it. Ishtar be switching to natural thyroid support instead of levothyroxin. Anyway, glad to see the improvement.

Hope all is well with you. Candy, I saw that I missed your birthday, hope it was wonderful!!! I had a nice 63rd myself a few weeks back. Gotta run, one of the kitties is thinking about helping me type. Sending
I've and hugs, Phyllis
18 Nov 2015, 13:14
I have got to be sure to read everything before I hit post. Don't know where spell check got Ishtar. :-) it should read because I switched to natural thyroid. :-) hugs
20 Nov 2015, 12:12
Hello @MountainMyst and @Candicemarie! Wow! Feels like a lifetime since I've bean on here! Good news about your cholesterol Phyl but sorry to hear the energy levels are so low. That's life I guess isn't it. Candy has just moved so I'm guessing she's feeling pretty exhausted at the moment. I hope she'll be happy in her new home though. I haven't heard from you so I hope she's ok.
I went to SW again this morning and have finally gained my Club10 which means I have lost 10% of my body weight - hoorah!! I am currently aiming to reach a 1 and half stone loss by Christmas which will mean I will be the lightest I've bean for years and years! I just hope I can maintain it this time!!
So, what's all your news guys? Ooh Phyl? Did I tell you I've joined a local Rock Choir? It kills me each week but I love it! I'm not going to do any performances this term but hope to in the future some time. If my silly old body allows me! I also help out at SW with the aim of trying to get back into the world. Its hard though isn't it. How's your daughter doing?

Beany hugs xxxx
20 Nov 2015, 13:19
Hi@nursebean. Beany, so good to see you!!congratualtions on the weight loss!! What an exciting life you are leading, a rock chorus!!! That is wonderful news. I know you are having fun, even with the physical toll it takes. I am so glad this illness hasn't stollen your voice!

Deidre is also struggling at the moment. Weight loss slow, energy low. Probably thyroid issues, but with no health insurance, it is hard to find the money for proper testing. I am going to add some iodine in the form of kelp supplementation and see if that helps. The grainfree diet should also help with the autoimmune aspects of the thyroid issue. This time of year is always hard for us, allergies, time changes, less sunlight. Takes us a long time to adjust.

I wish Deidre could get into the world a bit, but the body just doesn't allow it. There really isn't much around here either. One of the disadvantages of living in a rural area.

I hope Candy is doing ok after her move, oh that is so much work!! Hi@CandiceMarie, thinking of you!!

Gotta run, so glad to see you again Beany. Let's try to check in more often:-) . Hugs, Phyl
23 Nov 2015, 09:46
Oh Phyl @MountainMyst sorry to hear that your daughter is not good. Its such a cruel illness isn't it because it just wastes your life. I'd love to go and see my darling sister in Montreal but I fear it may just kill me off. One day - that's what keeps me going!
How are things with your moving plans? Are you still in the middle of sorting out? Poor old Candy. I think she's really suffering at the moment after her move. At least she is now much closer to her daughter.
Not much news here really. My BMI is now down to 24.75 which is just wonderful. I feel good, weight-wise, at the moment. Now all I need is to rid myself of my ME-coat for good and away I go!
Rock Choir tomorrow morning and then we're on a break for 6 weeks! What am I going to do for 6 weeks eh?!!
Beany hugs xxxx
23 Nov 2015, 12:22
Howdy folks @nursebean and @mountainmyst
Just a quick hi..really depleted after move..will beabck to read when have recovered a bit! Sendin hugs xx
23 Nov 2015, 15:24
Oh Candy! @Candicemarie so sorry to hear you're so bad after your move. Hope you'll be feeling better soon.
Big Beany hugs to you xxxx
26 Nov 2015, 13:11
Happy Thanksgiving to our dear friend @mountainmyst and family xxxxxxx
26 Nov 2015, 13:53
Hi@nursebean, six weeks of no rocking, oh I am sorry. Good thing you will have holiday prep to keep you busy. :-) so great that you are happy with your weight, now that M.E. Coat has got to go!! Sure wish I had a cure in my pocket.
We are still working on planning the move, trying to save up for the expenses. I expect it will take a few more months before we can do it. Hope to go in the spring to look for property. Nothing we do happens quickly. :-)
Hi@CandiceMarie, so glad you survived the move! Now rest up as you can . Happy that you were able to check in. Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes. We are having a quiet day at home as usual. Eating non traditional foods and playing board games. :-) my idea of excitement. :-) hope you really enjoy your new home.
Love and hugs to you both!! Phyl
14 Jan 2016, 20:37
Just to say howdy and Happy New Year to my mates @mountainmyst and @nursebean
Think of you lots. Finding it difficult to stay online for long,seems to drain me in a way it never used to
Anyhoo big hugs and marshmallow cuddles to you xxx fingers crossed this year will be OUR year! :clover: :like:
15 Jan 2016, 12:23
Hi@CandiceMarie, it is so good to see you!!! I hope you were able to enjoy the holidays, and that you can recover from your move soon. I know how it is when you just cant't be online much. I had worried that your move did you in.

Sure hope you feel better soon!!! I miss chatting with you and Beany. There is so much good research going on right now (finally!!) that maybe this will be our year for better health. Check in again when you can.

Hi@nursebean, missing you! Hope your holidays were grand!

Love and hugs to both. Phyl
19 Jan 2016, 18:02
Hi,
Hope you don't mind my posting here. I haven't read all 50 pages but will probably do that given time.
I too have CFS, not too badly but it did mean I had to give up work 18 years ago and I have had to learn to be careful and pace myself.
I have worked hard to get myself back to 'normal' and the one thing I still have to beat is the weight. I have lost weight successfully twice, once in 2002 with Weightwatchers. and again in 2013 using ADF but both times the weight has crept back again. I do find it very slow because I am not very active and can't burn calories as I used to and I have to say that the energy boost that some people find with this method doesn't happen for me. On fast days I often feel tired and cold and it is determination that gets me through them.
Anyway, good to see that there are fellow sufferers succeding with this and I hope you are happy for me to lurk and post occasionally.
Cheers, Silverslimmer
Previous 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 50 of 60