The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 47 of 60
Previous 1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
20 Jun 2015, 12:23
Hi@CandiceMarie, so good to "see" you!! Sorry you are feeling grotty this weekend. The heat is affecting us all, I think. Hubby is struggling to do the outside chores and keep the grass cut, etc. while working on the house.
Is Slimmers world like Weight watchers? Congratulations on the weight loss, maybe you and Beany just needed a booster. I highly recommend trying to eliminate grains, it is helping many of my problems. I'm not cured by any stretch, but better(I can still predict the weather by the level of pain. :-) ) just start slowly leaving off breads and wheat, that is the most important one to ditch, I think. It's not easy, but having the fasting under my belt, made it easier.
Watch to see if eating grains gives you cravings for more, that is the big problem with trying to wean off. This may not be the appropriate venue for extolling the ventures of another diet plan, but what ever helps, and it fits in well with 5:2 .
Hope Beany is having a great holiday. I saw that she was going, but didn't know the date. I know she loves having her sister visit.
Take care and I promise to check in more often.:-) love, Phyl
20 Jun 2015, 12:38
Hi again Phyll x yeh Slimmers World is similar to WW in that its ' big business' and while it wants you to lose weight,it also wants you to regain so you' ll be back!
The formula is different from WW which i believe now says,eat what you want as long as you keep track of how many. ' points ' you eat per day
Slimmers World give you a list of ' free foods' ..things you can eat ( supposedly) as much as you want..list includes meat,fish,pulses,veg...but also fruit,pasta,rice,potatoes ( i only know one or two folk who can eat freely of all this and not gain..ive never met anyone who can do so AND lose weight!) plus everything else has a ' syn' value and you can have 5-15 syns a day..
They advocate low fat,so i have to shut my eyes and ears when they talk about plenty of carb and low fat.
I guess maybe the theory is that no one can eat very many baked spuds,pasta etc without butter/ buttery and oily sauces...
My main reason for joining was accountability..someone to weigh me every week and me wanting to see a result for my money. Ive joined for 12 weeks for which i get 2 weeks free,so hoping in the time ( plus with fasting) i will see a downward trend ..fingers crossed anyway! Xx
21 Jun 2015, 11:48
Hi@CandiceMarie, sounds like you've got it figured out! Syn points, interesting. :-) I can sure see that weighing in with someone would give an added incentive for sure. Glad you are trending downward, I know you will get to your goal!!
Happy Solstice, hope you have a great day! We will probably spend the day inside, which is a shame on a beautiful day, but it is going to be around 96 degrees today and we can't handle the heat. Are you up to doing something fun? I sure hope so. Love and big hugs, Phyl
21 Jun 2015, 18:58
Enjoy the longest day @mountainmyst! And i hope you can all stay cool
I' m just home from a weekend of catsitting...the two cats next door were frequent visitiors too! X
image.jpg
Ziggy " killing" some earplugs x
image.jpg (47.23 KiB) Viewed 742 times
25 Jun 2015, 10:51
Hi@CandiceMarie, love the kitty picture! One of mine keeps trying to catch her own tail. One morning she caught it and then looks around ready to attack whoever bit her. :-)
Sorry I am just now getting back, the week got away from me. :-)
How are you doing? We are sweltering in the heat. High temps in the mid to upper 90 degree mark!!! I'm trying to convince hubby that we need to move as far north as possible. :-)
Gotta run, sending you and Beany a big hug. Phyl
25 Jun 2015, 13:44
@mountainMyst i hope you have air con or fans!
Our kitty also has no idea his tail belongs to him and it drives him crazy!
He has been very sick the last day or two...then DD found a big pile of feathers round the side of the house...could the two things be related in some way!
Hate to think of some poor little bird getting attacked but also feel sorry for our sick kitty,specially coz he's only just repaired from his broken pelvis :confused:
26 Jun 2015, 10:57
Hi@CandiceMarie, so sorry to hear about kitty. Hope he's feeling better today.
Yes we have air conditioning, I don't think with this illness, we would survive otherwise. :-) it is supposed to cool down a bit in the next few days. Deidre and I are plotting how to make cooling vests for when we need to go out. She gets really ill from the heat.
How are you today? I had a rough night. I remarked that lately I had been sleeping more soundly with less pain. So of course my body decided to teach me who is boss and I had a really bad night last night. :-) that will teach me to get too cocky. :-)
Well, off to make the coffee. Hope you are having a wonderful day!! Love, Phyl
26 Jun 2015, 19:30
Always seems to be one step forward two back @mountainmyst ((((( hugs ))))))
Happy weekend! X
07 Jul 2015, 12:16
Hi@CandiceMarie. How are you doing? Sorry I dropped out of sight again, had a headache for a couple of weeks, and didn't feel much like being online. It's been really hot and humid here, with lots of rain. I think my mold allergies are playing up. So, that's what I have been up to, how about you?
How are you doing with your new diet ? Have you reached your maximum LDN dosage yet? Are you enjoying some benefits (I hope) ? How's little Ziggy doing?
Well, now that I've plied you with questions, I'll wish you a grand day and send a big hug.
Hey Beany@nursebean, you out there? Back from your hols? Hope you are doing well! Big hugs and love to you both. Phyllis
07 Jul 2015, 13:16
Hello my little buddies! Sorry to be absent for so long. I can't BELIEEEVE I booked a holiday cottage without Wi-Fi!! What was I thinking?! Anyway, it was a beautiful place (although needed some cleaning) and I am now officially in love with the Isle of Wight and can't wait to go back there...permanently! Yes, I could move there in a heartbeat.
I have had two of the most active weeks I've had for years (since I got ill) and it felt so good. I keep waiting for the crash but so far nothing has happened. Could this be it I ask myself hesitantly. I think Island living has healing powers.
Oh poor you Phyllis. Having a headache for 2 weeks must have bean dreadful. How are you doing now? Is it any better? I'm like you, in that I have allergies. I tend to take a hayfever tablet on a daily basis, as a cover. It works pretty much most of the time.
And Candy...I didn't realise poor Ziggy had bean unwell. Is he ok now? And how about your neighbour's cat?
I must say I was pretty good on holiday. When we went out and ordered a cream tea or something, I would share half with somebody. How controlled eh? When I had fish n chips I pretty much left off the batter. I wonder if I've put anything on over the last fortnight. There's only one way to find out...on Friday!! :wink:
Its great to be back and able to chat with you.
Beany hugs xx
07 Jul 2015, 18:04
@nursebean welcome back! I so hope that yr better health is here to stay x
Be cautious,take it slowly,try to build up on feeling better x x
Isle of wight has long bean somewhere i long to visit..
Hi @mountainmyst! hmmm LDN..
I think it HAS had a very subtle effect on some days at least..but not as much as hoped..not sure whether i'll renew my prescription when this one runs out..i cant really afford it tho i' d find the money if it was really working.
Ive heard some people say theyve taken a break and then gone back on it..maybe i' ll try that,but i dunno ..would that just be throwin good money after bad * sigh *
So wanted this to be the " fix"!

Anyways,how are you Phyl...are you online coz youre feeling a bit better? I hope so xx mould allergies sound like no fun at all :confused:

Here's a pic of Ziggy taken today..he's very well and happy thanks x
One of his little feline friends next door, a little bundle of fluff,got knocked over by a car but emerged unscathed!
She keeps Ziggy in line by giving him a biff,now and again! X
Take care my ME buds! XxxX
image.jpg
image.jpg (33.21 KiB) Viewed 685 times
08 Jul 2015, 12:38
Hi@nursebean, so good to see you!, the Isle of Wight sounds fabulous! And miraculous! So glad you are feeling better, long may it continue!! :-) I'm still waiting to win that lottery so we can all live where ever we want. ;-) my choice would be somewhere cooler. :-)
Good luck with your weigh in! Sounds like you showed remarkable restraint on your holidays. I'm still doing my grain free thing and it is helping many of my symptoms, it just (so far at least) not my cure. Still, I have been ill for well over 20 yrs, so it would be foolish of me to expect a quick recovery. Lots of damage done, some of which can't be reversed. Ah, well. I'll take any improvements I can get
What do you take for your allergies? Some of them do interfere with weight loss, just a good thing to know, so you don't get discouraged if weight loss is slowed. Hugs.
Hi@CandiceMarie, I so wish the LDN was your cure!! :-( I certainly understand you hesitation to continue with something that is so expensive and not so effective. Perhaps a break from it will help you determine if any improvement was from the medication, or a fluctuation of symptoms. Follow your gut, you will know the right decision for you. :-)
Your Ziggy is such a cutie, glad he is doing well, and that his bossy buddy wasn't injured by the car!!
Yes, my headache is better. Actually early on in my illness I would have a headache almost constantly, so a couple of weeks isn't too bad. I just have to rest. I'm feeling better, just lower energy levels than I was having. One of those times my body reminds me who is really in charge here. :-)
Sending you both a hugs and wishes for a grand day and week!!! Love, Phyl
09 Jul 2015, 07:02
That little Ziggy looks a picture of health now doesn't he. How handsome and shiny!!
Well, here we are again. It feels as though it's going to be a hot one again here. Oh to be by the sea.
I felt ill yesterday and started to feel despair but luckily I managed to feel better again. It seems that rests do now have an effect, which is,just super great (as my nephews would say!) Mind you, I felt geared up to look for some typing work at home. After practising the typing test several times I felt exhausted. The work requires 6-8 hours per session of high-speed typing. Alas, I'm not ready :( I really need to earn money but don't know how with the constant weight. I'm so near and yet so far :(

Anyway, I must say its good to have you back Phyl @MountainMyst and glad that your awful headache has gone for a while at least. By the way, how's the house coming along?

Candy you must be on top of the world at the moment with your recent amazing weight loss. I'm so pleased for you.

Well, better get back to the shop and sort out my photos...doh!

Have a great day guys. Beany hugs xx
09 Jul 2015, 08:05
Morning my ME mates x
Glad the headache's gone Phyl x i' m very grateful i rarely get one.
I' m feeling grotty today,like an old rag..and if I'd just stopped theLDN,i' d probably be thinking thats why. :?:
Reading the last two posts,i' m thinking,This illlness is full of disappointments
Yr grainfree isnt as helpful as you'd hoped Phyl,poor Beano is struggling to find some suitable work that won't deplete her even more,and i' m ready to hurl my bottle of LDN thru the nearest window..and Phyl and i have loved ones who face their own ME ups n downs on a daily basis
I reckon we all put the patience into the word ' patient' don't we! We manage to stay upbeat and philosophical - well most of the time anyway- so high fives to us! X :victory: x
09 Jul 2015, 11:15
Shall we have a little scream? Altogether now....Aaaaaarrrghhhhhh!
There, that's better :wink:
Previous 1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 47 of 60