The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 52 of 60
Previous 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
07 Feb 2016, 08:42
@CandiceMarie, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, no wonder you and your daughter have had a bad week. Do take care of yourself and I hope your daughter recovers very soon. These things hit us hard as we get older as it makes us face our own mortality.
Hugs, SilverS
07 Feb 2016, 14:38
So sorry to hear of your loss. That`s one of the hard parts of getting older, going to more funerals. Still looking on the bright side at least you were able to go. Take care.
07 Feb 2016, 16:31
Hi@chingola, good to see you. Don't worry about falling off the wagon, you are back on now and that is what counts. Good luck with your eating window plan and doctors visit. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Hi@CandiceMarie, I am so sorry about your friend! It is so hard to lose friends. I am so sorry , and not surprised that you and D.D. Are having a bad week. So glad she wasn't more seriously injured in her fall. Please rest and be good to yourselves and know that you are in my thoughts.

Chingola, your puppy sounds like a handful. We have a sweet rambunctious doggy that is 45 lbs and absolutely untrainable. :-) we all do love our fur kids.

Wishing you all a great week. Phyllis
09 Mar 2016, 15:14
Thanks. Pleased to be back and sticking to woe. Got results of LFT`s yesterday. In 10/2013 my Alk Phos was 253, and AST was 72.
2/20016 both have fallen to 161 and 66 respectively. Still higher than they should be but moving in the right direction. Since I have fatty liver disease, loosing weight and fat in my liver is bound to help. Fasting BG normal.
Going away to visit my son on Friday so I`ll have to be careful not to overdo it too much. He`s a very good cook.
Dog is called Stormageddon,(son`s idea) , and he is an excellent personal trainer.
30 Mar 2016, 12:01
Swinging by to say hi to @mountainmyst @nursebean @silverslimmer and @chingola and all other ME friends xx sorry haven't bean on here much ..don't seem to have the stamina for reading and typing these days,but wanted to say,am thinking of you all.
having quite a bad week but have bean eating badly which doesnt help anything, aside from being very enjoyable and comforting!
Back to fasting today and sending out Big hugs to all xxx
31 Mar 2016, 07:52
Oh my Candy friend @Candicemarie its so good to see you on here! Its like the good old days isn't it! Did yesterday's fast go well? Will you be joining me again today I wonder?
Hello to all our CFS friends. @Mountainmyst? How's it going? For me, it seems my great run has come to an end and I'm not doing well at all at the moment. Have a doctor's appointment on Monday just to make sure I'm not anaemic. I just have lit-erally NO energy. Everything is such a great effort. Hey ho!
Anyway, I'm fasting again today (can't quite believe it - but Easter was BAD and I have to get back on track!) so who knows how the day will pan out.
Bean hugs to you all xxxx
12 Apr 2016, 14:52
@nursebean have you heard yet if youre anaemic or not?
Hope everyone is doing ok...i am starting to feel a little better after nearly three weeks of feeling ' orrible :confused: x X x take care my little chickabiddies x@mountainmyst where are you ? How you and DD and DH? X drop us a line when you feel up to it x @chingola how did the trip go? You back now? Love the doggys name! V clever! X
Calling @silverslimmer how you doing? X
12 Apr 2016, 20:21
Howdy! Candy @Candicemarie I've got a doc's appointment tomorrow morning. I guess I would have heard from her if my bloods came back abnormal - so it must all be in the mind!! :-(
Glad you've got some more energy at the mo Candy. Maybe fasting does actually help!
I spent today's fast by going to the cinema to see Tom Hiddlestone in High-Rise. Halfway through, my stomach rumbling, he ate the biggest slab of cake I've ever seen - ooh how I could've eaten that!!
Bean :sleepy:
14 Apr 2016, 07:14
Hi there! Thought I'd share my doc update: So I went to see my doctor and she confirmed my bloods were fine! This sounds great until you think well why do I have zero energy?! She was very sympathetic and said there is just not enough known about ME to know why that is the case. She is frustrated that there is nothing she can do for me - but she'd like to see me again in August!
Hey ho!
Its awful lonely in here. Is anyone around? @Candicemarie? @MountainMyst? Where is you?!!
Bean hugs
xxxx
14 Apr 2016, 08:47
Good news @nursebean Beano! But i know what you mean..if you were told youre dreadfully anaemic,you could think,' ohhhhhhh so THATS why i feel so awful! I' ll soon feel better when the treatment kicks in!'
Thats how i felt when underactive thryoid was diagnosed,' no wonder i feel awful,but now they know whats wrong,they will make me better!' Didnt happen :bugeyes: tho who knows,maybe i'd feel worse without the thyroxine,even tho it feels like it makes no difference at all
Ho hum,count your blessings Candy! :like: xx
14 Apr 2016, 11:07
You would feel worse without your thyroxine - believe it or not.
Urghh! No energy today
xx
15 Apr 2016, 05:41
I am totally exausted having woken up early as usual, and contemplating everything I need to do. I have decided to sell my house and move to Gloucester to be close to my son.
So I am trying to plan how to get my house tidy without wiping myself out. Fortunately I can do this from a horizontal position.
Just have to keep on pacing as best I can.
15 Apr 2016, 09:08
@chingola i moved last november for same reason ( but daughter not son)
It was stressful and took a long time to get over,so yes A ) please keep the word pacing in mind
B) Take any and all help offered with packing etc and C) try not to worry ( impossible as it sounds) and you will get there in the end
Its daunting i know but you will get there eventually and be settled .... There will inevitably be snags and frustrations so tell yrself now that you wont let them drain you - just be patient and take it slowly- any issues will resolve themselves in time and you can then reap the benefits of being near family.
A move is massive for anyone but even more so for those in poor health so please be careful how you go xxx
15 Apr 2016, 13:35
You are so right, as I know to my cost. Unfortunately the estate agents won`t take any offers you make seriously until you have your property on the market, and I think I have spotted a bargain! Terrible combo I know. At the moment I am getting my lodger to sort out his room, with a view to decorate it, and I`m cleaning the odd window here and there. It`s very satisfying, but I mustn`t OD. Think I better stop now. Thanks for your post.
15 Apr 2016, 14:33
Oh I'm sending you some positive energy vibes @Chingola I know just how you feel. I'm having to live with my folks and they have a lot of stuff to sort out - particularly my film/tv characters that are currently residing in the garage (I have an eBay shop and things aren't selling as well as I would have liked!) I'd like to see my folks move but realise the enormous effort involved in such a thing. I guess we have to do things in small steps. Its very frustrating though isn't it.
My weight loss was, well a gain this week so that's not good. I'm putting it down to time of the month - so I'm expecting great things next week!
How are you doing today Candy? @Candicemarie?
Bean :confused:
Previous 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 52 of 60