The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 55 of 60
Previous 1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
11 Jul 2016, 13:54
Hi Phyl @mountainMyst first of all,sorry for long post..dont feel you have to reply quickly x

Lovely to hear of something that helps with inflammation..thanks for the tip.. will give it a try and make sure i get the high dose omega 3..whats the name of the brand you use? Do you take am/ pm..with/ without food ?

Interesting you mention iodine coz @nursebean has just started on it! I' m not sure if i can take it as am on thyroid medication..need to check it out..ive heard if you take an iodine supplement on top of the thyroxine,it can tip yr thyroid into over active..which i dont want,as my mum and gran were both very unwell with overactive thyroid. However i've also read that tests in the uk arent accurate enough,so i may not be on high enough dose of medication anyway! Which to believe!?

Will be going more grainfree as am trying from now on to eat much less carbs..i' ll struggle coz i' m addicted to carbs and i admire you Phyl coz you stick to grainfree so well!
I' m glad the ice packs are helping Deirdre and that yr tremors arent worsening Xx
I am still wading my way thru the book Bean has finished..he really does seem to unravel the whole syndrome..the how and why etc and how to reverse everything back to normal..feel quite hopeful might get some good results ..after all,he cured himself,so he may be able to help us also.
Our friend Nursy is at the seaside today Phyl! I hope the weathers nice for her...its rainy and grey here in the North West
Take care and look after yrself dear Pal xxxx
12 Jul 2016, 12:32
Hi@CandiceMarie. Long post? As someone who always writes a bloomin novel everytime I post, you won't be hearing any complaints from me. ;-)

I take Dr. Tobias brand omega3 that I get from Amazon. It is 2000 mg of fish oil, 1400 of which is omega3 . I take two caps. A day in the morning. Usually on an empty stomach, just because I wait until mid morning to eat usually. It is enteric coated so no fishy after taste etc. I have had difficulties finding high omega3 supplements in the local shops, at least at a price I can afford.

Good idea to check with your doc on the kelp and iodine supplements. I take natural thyroid (works better for me than levothyroxin as it also has t3) and my doc said it was ok for me to supplement with kelp. Is Beany doing drops ? I considered that but thought I would try kelp first.
Good for you decreasing your grain intake, they are also prone to increasing inflammation. I think it is easier to go cold turkey and stop all together, as eating them makes you crave more. They really are addicting, literally. Maybe after a few weeks of cutting down, you could try stopping them altogether and see how you feel in a couple of weeks. You know me, I do like my experiments. ;-) either way, you are taking care of yourself and that is grand!

Glad you are making your way through the book. I may have to try it myself. The thought of a cure is almost overwhelming after 20+ yrs of trying everything under the sun. I will have to check it out and we can all set about curing ourselves. So many "cures" involve tons of expensive supplements we just can't afford, you know?

Hope Beany had a good day at the sea side. That sounds just lovely. Sorry you are all rainy and grey up your way. I have friends who live in Lancashire, and they say that is pretty normal for team. He jokes about enjoying summer, all two weeks of it. ;-) it's around 90f. Here and humid with thunderstorms in the afternoons, in the mid 70's in the early mornings. That is why Deidre needs the ice packs :-)

Gotta run, hope your day is wonderful. Love, Phyl
13 Jul 2016, 07:16
Hello my lovely buds! Sorry for delay but my head has bean buzzing with thoughts on ways to recovery.
My iodine drops haven't arrived yet. Hopefully they will do today and I can give them a whirl! I also have an underactive thyroid but I'm hoping that this supplement will help with that (on top of my thyroxine) and give me a boost. Its supposed to lift brain fog and in some people has worked almost immediately after taking it!

Anyway, the trip to the sea was lovely. We were so lucky with the weather as it started to bucket down on the way home! :wink: I was naughty though and even had ice-cream. (Weighed myself the next day and was horrified to discover I'd put on 3 and a half pounds!!) :shock: Yesterday I fasted and now I'm back on track! :smile:

So what's happening in your worlds today? Are you feeling a bit better today Candy? @Candicemarie and got rid of that nausea? I can't believe its so hot where you are Phyl @MountainMyst Haha! Yes we only have 2 weeks of Summer (if we're lucky!!)

I do recommend the book Phyl - Candy and I have bean working our way through it. There's a lot to take in but boy does it all make such great sense. Hopefully we can find something that helps and we can all get our lives back. Imagine how we'll feel to be normal again. Wow! The things we could do? Woohoo!

Hope you both have a good day!
Bean :heart:
13 Jul 2016, 12:19
Hi@nursebean, so glad you had a good day at the sea side. Three and a half pounds in one day??!! Has to be fluid retention. I am sure it will be gone soon. Hope you enjoyed every bite of the icecream with no hint of guilt ( guilt makes you gain weight ya know ;-) )

I will definitely check out the book. Hopes for a cure is mind shattering. It has been so long. The thought of Deidre having a chance for a life outside this house brings tears to my eyes. Well, for all of us to have our lives back really. I can think of so much mischief we could all get into. :-)

Candy@CandiceMarie, hope you feel better.

Love and hugs, I'm off to the grocery store today so better get to moving. Love, Phyl
13 Jul 2016, 18:49
@mountainmyst i sooo feel for you! If my DD got well i wdnt care if i never had a days wellness again. I hate to see youngsters unwell,such a waste of their youth to be laid up sick. My daughter doesnt know if she' ll ever have a baby while all her friends now have two each, and a degree,a career, a car
Heartbreaking isnt it.
My prayer is for all of us to be well again but more so for Deirdre and young Beanstalk and DD..so they can have their lives back ..i. Had a ball when i was ypung so i cant complain.
Trying to give up bread today phyl and feel terrible,headachy and jittery and tense..none in the hosue so i cant be tempted..if there was, i know i wd have caved in by now.! Not sure i can go cold turkey but will give it a go.
XX
14 Jul 2016, 11:34
Hi@CandiceMarie, I didn't see this post until late yesterday. How did you make it?the feelings you described are fairly "normal" for many people giving up grains. It is real honest to good withdrawal symptoms. If you can make it a few days, those feelings will diminish. I admire your willingness to try. It is really hard if your body is addicted to the grains. Wheat has substances similar to opioids and the withdrawal is difficult for a week, maybe two, but it does get easier. Sending you a big hug to make up for challenging you to try. :-)

I should have included your D.D and our darling Beany in my wish yesterday. Like you, I feel I had a chance at a full life prior to the worst of my illness. And I would stay sick the rest of my days if our young ones could have their lives back.

Hope today goes better for you! Love, Phyl
20 Jul 2016, 13:48
Hi @mountainmyst! A week without bread and i only missed it on day one!
No carbs apart from what came from non starchy ones,and ive lost 12 lb..so a lot of bready bloat has gone!
I am not sure if i want to give up wholegrains completely tho,coz arent they full of vits and mins?
We 're having a hot spell here in uk..makes me think of you n DD x
My DD was waiting for clearance for her new job..came today on our pusscats second birthday! So she'll be starting soon..has applied for a few other jobs too..all of which i think are better time-wise
I do think this job is too much for her ( 5 hrs 5 days) which means five lots travel to and fro,five lots of showers/ doing hair etc..time will tell,she wants to give it a go ...xx
21 Jul 2016, 11:57
Hi@CandiceMarie, wow,you made it through the hardest week!!! And 12lbs lost is amazing!!! I understand your hesitation to commit to giving grains up entirely, we have been taught for so long that whole grains are the holy grail of nutrition. However, I don't think there are any nutrients in whole grains that you can't get from a balanced diet of meats, veggies, fruits and nuts.

Just a suggestion, try grainfree for another week, then try a helping of your favorite grain treat. See how you feel. You know me and my experiments. :-) I am extremely expressed that you have done that which you thought you could not. Pat yourself on the back for me.

I am glad your D.D is excited about her job, hopefully it won't prove to be too much. Sometimes you just have to test those limits and make sure we are doing all that we can. Many times we pay a big price for it, but we keep trying don't we? :-)

Happy birthday to your pretty kitty. Is that you hiding behind him in the picture? I hope you are having another nice day there and not too hot. It is expected to be about 97 degrees here today. Deidre and I are off to the library book sale tomorrow, ice packs in tow. ;-) I think we have a good addiction.

Sending you and our friends Beany, and chingola a gentle hug. Phyl
25 Jul 2016, 08:42
Hi there buddies...lets hope this is a good week for us all! X
@mountainmyst day 13 of no bread,spuds,rice,pasta,cereal..just the thought of it now feels heavy! I dont really want to try some now coz folk on the BSD thread say they had bad tummy pains when they did..from what they described it sounded v like the IBS pains that DD and i had in the early years of our illness..i thought those pains were worse than childbirth!
I take on board yr thoughts re can get all we need from other foods. I'm grateful the craving vanished after day one..i expected more of a struggle.
Thats my DD in the pic with Ziggy Stardust our darling boy x
Oh phyl 97 degrees! Has it cooled down a bit now?
Big marshmallow hugs to you and DD and Beano xx
25 Jul 2016, 12:28
Hi@CandiceMarie, congratulations!! I am so excited for you! Trust me, eating breads will make you feel unwell. I can tell if I take a medication or accidentally eating something with hidden wheat or corn. I thought it would be really hard, but it has been easy. No hunger, no cravings, it's great.
Oh, IBS is miserable!! Haven't had a problem with it since no grains, that's after three decades of always knowing where each ladies room is, everywhere I went, and seldom eating out because of it.
Oh, I forgot to tell you...I do still eat spuds on occasion, not often, but the occasional baked potato( small one, with lots of butter and sour cream) we make nachos with sweet potato slices baked until crispy and put all the topping on. Can't eat much of it, but it sure is tasty. :-)
Your D.D. Is lovely! Zingy looks like a sweetheart. He looks like our Calliope. I have decided we miss named our two newest kitties. We named then Crumpet and Pyewacket. It should have been Dyson and Hoover, because they suck up any food around them. :-)
Temps are supposed to be 97 again today, we had a couple of days that only made 95 . Summertime inTennessee. It will start cooling off in Sept.
Love to you and all our friends. Wishing you a great week. Hugs, Phyl
27 Jul 2016, 15:06
Hi there buddies! Thought I pop my head in and say hello. Feeling lousy today after a session with the chiropractor yesterday (blimey! They certainly squeeze the life out of you don't they!) which has left me in more pain (back-wise) and less energy than before - great! Roll on next week when I return for yet more of the same!! :dazed:
I have bean in awe of Candy this week Phyl. Don't you think she's just amazing?!! She's ploughed on with this new diet with such gusto - and now bread and pastas and rice and potatoes? All things of the past! Well done that girl!
How you doing Phyl? STill hot over there?
My sister is currently camping with her two boys in the wilds of Quebec. Hope she's ok!!
Anyway, just thought i'd check in. Hugs to my buddies
30 Jul 2016, 10:13
Hi@nursebean, so good to see You! I do know what you mean about the after effects of the chiropractor. Hope you are feeling better today. Deidre and I went to the shopping the other day and it has taken me until today to recover. She needed some new jeans because hers were all too big! :-) we have to drive abut 60 miles round trip to get to the shops we like ( one of the joys of rural living) .

How are you doing with the BSD? I know Candy is doing well, I am so excited for her. Low carb relay does seem to be pretty easy to follow once you get past the first little bit, and the fast diet makes it so much easier to transition to eating lower carb. I think because we pay attention to what we are eating and how it affects us.

I hope you are doing great today and that back pain goes away! Hugs, Phyl
30 Jul 2016, 10:27
Thanks Phyl - and lovely to hear from you!
I bet your daughter is super happy to be buying jeans that are smaller!! Its such a fabulous feeling isn't it. I've bean buying clothes that are a size 12 - when I've always worn size 14! I can't tell you how good that makes me feel. I've just bought a White Stuff skirt that has Italian Greyhounds on it - how could I resist?! It is gorgeous. I am certainly one happy Bean!
Candy sure has done amazing with her new low carb regime. I think its doing wonder for her CFS symptoms too. She's like a new woman! Are you finding major improvements now that you're grain-free?
I'm not so good at low carb as Candy is but I've bean able to stick to 800 cals per day (easy peasy - except when I'm having a day off - like yesterday!)
My back still aches but at least I'm standing a lot straighter than I was. I have another appointment with the chiro on Tuesday so I guess not a lot will happen for me on Wednesday - doh! :shock:
Hope you're ok. Sending hugs
01 Aug 2016, 14:53
I haven't been on thissite for a while dueto the factthat I have moved area to becloser to my son. Move has gone well, but exhausting. Not trying to loose, just maintain and recover.
01 Aug 2016, 16:06
Youre very wise @chingola to take it gently now.i moved nine months ago ( to be near DD) and i have only just got over it properly. Take it easy! Lovely to hear from you !
Have a good week ME/CFS buddies xx
Previous 1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 55 of 60