The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 54 of 60
Previous 1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
04 May 2016, 18:09
Beanie @nursebean ive looked online but cant seem to find it anywhere in tablet form
Xx
05 May 2016, 08:48
Yes I had a quick look too. What a shame. Tablet form would have bean so much better wouldn't it :confused:
08 May 2016, 11:02
Hi@CandiceMarie, yup it really is called stinky bob (at least according to the references I have found ) :-). I figure it can't be too bad. We take valerian all the time and it smells like a cross between stinky socks and something died. :-)
I imagine the dried leaves wouldn't smell as strongly. I know you can make tea, and most herbs that you can steep for tea, you can tincture. It is putting the herbs in alcohol like vodka, and leaving it for several weeks to extract the medicinal compounds, strain then take drops of the tincture. It is easier for me than drink several cups of tea a day. I haven't seen it in pill form either. I will check out the company I use for herbs and see if they have capsules.
Hi@Nursebean. Did you have a good holiday? How are you doing.
Oops gotta go, my bulimic cat is throwing up. Will be back later. Hugs, Phyl
02 Jun 2016, 19:42
Just popping in to say hi to @mountainmyst phyl and our other CFS/ ME pals
Hope youre having at least some good days..thinking of you even if i' m not here very often lately xx
03 Jun 2016, 12:21
Hi@CandiceMarie, i was just thinking I need to check in and see what everyone is up to. I am so glad to see you, I look to see if anyone has posted most days, just don't have much to report. :-) how are you doing?
I am doing ok, seem to be developing a rather annoying tremor but otherwise about the same. deidre is into her, hot weather heart issues and so we are taking it easy. Hubby is hanging in there as well.
Hope you and all our friends are enjoying some good days. Hugs, Phyl
04 Jun 2016, 17:35
@mountainmyst Phyl..so sorry to hear of a new symptom ..that must be very irritating and a bit worrying
Have you any idea whats triggering it? I hope it passes - and doesnt return xx
15 Jun 2016, 11:09
Hi@CandiceMarie, I am so sorry to not have replied sooner. To be honest, I have been so down about the things going on in this country, I just haven't had the energy.

The tremors are not completely new, just getting worse. Probably nothing serious, just irritating. My Mom had mild Parkinsons disease, but I haven't been evaluated. It's probably just an intentional tremor, not uncommon in folks with fibro. Just another nervous system involvment.
How are you doing? Have you noticed any results from the herb Robert? Hope all is well with you and all our buddies. Hugs, Phyl
16 Jun 2016, 23:47
Hi Phyl @mountainmyst
Sorry those tremors are worsening...yes the old nervous system not working too well..Bummer isnt it
Doctor told me the fact that i get so quickly tired in company is coz of over stimulated nervous system
I can imagine how irritating the tremors must be..plus very tiring?
Herb Robert..the first teas didnt do much except i noticed my complexion looked like i'd done lots of walking in fresh air..apparently HR is supposed to oxygenate so looks like its doing that
Bought some dearer HR..the first lot looked like dust..this one more substantial..maybe better results,hope so anyway
Yesterday i found a big patch of HR growing near my front door!
So i can plant some in a little pot and add some to salads! Fongers x'd for some good results.

I understand you getting down,Phyl...me too - this world is a very dark place to live at the moment but we have to focus on the good stuff thats also happening but the media dont report on that so much...lots of great people in the world and miracles happening every day
Sending big huggggggs to you and the family,Phyl and thinking of you all xx
18 Jun 2016, 13:27
Hi@CandiceMarie, wow, to find H. B. Growing right outside your door is amazing! Might be a sign. :-) I haven't tried it yet, it sounds promising. Keep me posted on how things are going.

We are doing ok here, the usual summertime stuff. Trying to find the right combination and configuation of ice packs that allow Deidre to go out without collapsing. None of us handle heat well.

Are you still doing slimming world( is that the name) how is it going? My weight is fluctuating in a two pound range most of the time, so I am ok with that. No set fasting days, but since I rarely get hungry now, I have days that I just fast naturally. Especially when it's hot. Who knew giving up grains would take away cravings and hunger? Fascinating to me, after all these years of dieting.
Gotta run, hope all is well, and we will keep looking for the good in the world. Hugs, Phyl
02 Jul 2016, 20:56
Just a quicky our Phyl @mountainmyst
Heres a link..http://cfsunravelled.com/how-recovery-happens/
Nursybean came across this guy..has totally recovered from CFS/ ME and written a book about it..also has website and short useful introductory videos..
we wanted to let you know..
I need to catch up on the last page or two here at another time...til then,hope you and the fambly are doing ok xxxx
I am anxious as my DD is taking up a part time office job..her freelance work from home is ending..
She is v excited as she interviewed for one post and they offered her right away a higher and better paid post
Has done her confidence wonders but poor Mama is having palpitations...we'll just have to see how it goes
Big hugs and speak soon dear Phyl xxxx
03 Jul 2016, 10:18
Hi Phyl @Mountainmyst! I am feeling very optimistic about this guy that Candy has shown you. I'm currently reading the book and although I'm only half-way through, he has just explained how he reached his conclusion that CFS is caused by problems with the Autonomic Nervous System. Not just the Sympathetic Nervous system but the parasympathetic as well. It makes such sense that I am hopeful that his advice on steps to recovery WILL help!
Candy? I hope this will help your DD as well - and she will be able to enjoy her new job. Exciting times for her - for all of us! Try not to worry. I'm sure it'll work out xx
Oh, Candy didn't mention the other important step in our lives: We're only doing the 800 calories a day plan! Wish us luck!
Bean :shock: :smile:
04 Jul 2016, 10:19
Hi @CandiceMarie, @nursebean, good to see you. Thanks for the link, it looks interesting. I agree that much of our symptoms are autonomic nervous system related. Anxious to see how he recovered.

Are you doing the blood sugar diet? It looks a lot like what I am doing, but I don't count calories anymore. Not eating the carbs, and eating high far, seems to take care of the hunger issues so the calories naturally drop. Will have to keep track one day and see. I am lazy and don't track most of the time. I think once you get through the first couple of weeks of low carb you will be surprised at how the hunger goes away.

I spend a lot of time on Pinterest looking up low carb recipes, there are some interesting ideas on there. Of course by not eating grains I eliminated a lot of carbs.

Candy, sounds like your daughter is thrilled to be working a couple of days a week, I do understand your concern though. It is so easy to push too hard when you are excited to do something. Hopefully she will tolerate it and enjoy the confidence boost.

Please forgive my droning on about the low carb, grain free diet. I am just so happy with the effects it has had for me. You will do great on the 800 cal plan, I'm sure. You are strong determined ladies.

Hi@Chingola, how are you? Haven't seen you in ages.

Love and hugs to all, Phyl
04 Jul 2016, 19:17
No no no Phyl @mountainmyst you DONT drone on about it..or about anything! XX
I really admire you for going no grain..i seem to be incapable of doing it..tho i' m now trying to go much more low carb in the hopes in the long run,it will be a goood thing
This guy we told you about..i' m watching his intro vids right now..Bean is trying to plough thru his ebook
We both struggling as so much to take in! he does an online course but it cost over £ 200 to do! I hope we can pick up enough useful info to help us recover like he has...but i guess he will save the gist of it mostly for the course!
I' m taking the herb robert still..it makes me feel refreshed,as if ive bean on a long brisk walk,with pink cheeks like ive had plenty of fresh air

my son in law says this prob means the herb is opening capillaries so the blood is circulating better...has to be a good thing i guess!

Big hugs Phyl xx hope the trembles are lessening? Hows Deidre doing with the ice packs? I feel for her coz i cant stand heat,much prefer to be cold,and in England we get plenty of cool or cold weather..i wilt when we have hot sunny days.
And yes @chingola how are you doing? X
05 Jul 2016, 06:54
Well I've just finished my book: "CFS Unravelled". There's lots to take in and I am still full of hope. Things to do are sort out the ANS dysfunction, find a naturopath (maybe!), start a yoga class, go for walks, sort out diet - and do meditation (any ideas Candy?) Its knowing that people have recovered that gives me hope - real hope!
I think you are doing a great job going grain-free Phyl. You certainly DON'T bang on about it. Its really helped you hasn't it. I might start phasing them out. its all a bit tricky but if its worked for you then...
@Carorees I wonder if you could help. I've just read a book from a guy who has recovered from CFS. His hypothesis is that the cause of CFS is ANS dysfunction. Not just the SNS but also the PNS. With your knowledge, if somebody has an ANS dysfunction, then what sort of supplements/minerals should they be thinking of taking? I definitely want to start with Magnesium - but what dose/type would you suggest? I would be really grateful for your thoughts xx
11 Jul 2016, 12:46
Hi @CancideMarie, hi@nursebean, I am so sorry I haven't replied before, I just saw your posts.

I am glad you aren't finding my grainfree evangelism annoying. I do understand how difficult it is. If I had not been doing the fast diet first, I don't think I could have done it. Watching what I ate and seeing the effects that carbs had on my body, made it easier. I will say it took me a year to even try it. :-) it is doing well for me.

I wanted to mention something else I have discovered. Dr. Davis of the wheat belly diet, suggests take fish oil capsules daily. I take a capsule with over a thousand mg. of omega3 a day. Many fish oil caps only have 300 mg in them. The total mg. on the bottle can be high, but only part of it is omega3 . I have found that it really helps with my inflammation and pain, without it my back pain gets much worse.

You might also want to add kelp to your diet, it helps boost the thyroid function, even if your numbers are normal, as most of us are deficient in iodine.

Beany, good for you making it through a complicated book, my brain only wants to do cozy mysteries. LOL. I have seen quite a bit of research of late on the autonomic disfunction we deal with. Haven't seen a lot of treatments yet, but the research is a good start.you are right, I bet Carorees has some good ideas.

Candy, that is good news on the herb Robert. I will have to find some and give it a try. Might be good for my blood pressure also.

Deidre is doing ok. The ice packs really help in this heat. We still don't go out a lot, but is sure is easier with the ice packs.my trembles are about the same, more pronounced when I'm tired. They don't seem to be getting worse.

Gotta run, one of the cats just made himself comfy in my lap, and I am having difficulty typing. Hope your week is off to a great start. Hugs, Phyl
Previous 1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 54 of 60