The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 56 of 60
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
02 Aug 2016, 07:11
Oh Chinny @Chingola I do hope you're ok. A move is a massive thing so, as Candy wisely says, just take it real easy now. Lovely to hear from you though! What's your new abode like? Are you happy there?
I'd love to move to Canada to be near my sister and my lovely nephews - but I don't know whether it would kill me off - especially as I'd have to take my girls (Italian Greyhounds) and I think I'd be really stressed worrying about their flight etc. Scary stuff - but worth it if I can actually see my nephs growing up!
Bean :heart:
02 Aug 2016, 07:38
Thanks guys. Will be able to post more when son has sorted out mainframe. This tablet has v dodgy keyboard. Knckered but loving it.
04 Aug 2016, 18:23
Oh boy! Went for a trip to my local M&S today. I felt like a normal, fit human being. It was SO amazing! I felt so alive and loved buying a couple of new tops, some bras (same massive size sadly!) and makeup! Feeling pooped now - but more hopeful!
BEan :heart:
04 Aug 2016, 18:35
Isnt it lovely to feel ordinary and human just once in a while @nursebean? X
04 Aug 2016, 22:51
Oh Beany - that is so great to read! Am really thrilled for you. I'm guessing you'll take the tiredness, eh, in exchange for feeling normal for a time?

Please keep us posted...xx
05 Aug 2016, 10:05
Hello my friends! Sorry I have been missing in action the past few days. Like you beany@nursebean, I had a couple of feeling good days and overdid things. So I had a few days of my brain being rather muddled. Silly question... Is M&S Marks and Spencer? Testing my secondhand knowledge from years of watching Midsomer Murders. :-)
I am so pleased seeing how well you are all doing on the BSD. Beany, I do think my lifestyle change of no grains has helped the M.E. Still a long ways to go, but after 20+ years of barely getting out of bed, I expected it would take a while. Deidre is doing much better too. This time of year is hard for us with the heat issues, but still we cherish all improvements.
@CandiceMarie, I am so impressed with how well you have managed the transition in you diet. And really excited that you are seeing improvements!
@Chingola, so happy you are settled in at least mostly, and hope to see more of you after you have recovered. Anxious to hear all about your new home and life there.
@Hazelnut20 so good of you to drop in. I have been applauding your BSD success from afar, I will try to do it more directly in the future. :-)
I have to share, I hit a new milestone in my battle with the scale. I am now weighing 120 lbs!!!!! The last time I weighed 120 I was 18 yrs old. I will be 64 in a couple of months. The sad thing is at the time I thought I was fat. I am sure my weight will go back up a bit this winter because I will have more appetite, but I am celebrating right now. :-)
I had better hush now and get myself started. Love to all, Phyl
05 Aug 2016, 10:38
Blimey Phyl @MountainMyst you're tiny!! Well done for getting there. Isn't it a fabulous feeling to weigh the same you weighed when you were 18?! Well done indeed xx
Thanks also Candy and Nutty! Not feeling quite as good as yesterday - but on a high from my 2 Stone award!! Just about to go out for lunch - its Bean's Day Off! I'm going to enjoy myself - or surprise myself by how much I don't want now :wink:
And Phyl? Yes M&S is Marks & Spencer - the best food shop evs! I'm looking forward to having a slice of their cappuccino and chocolate roll - I know, I know - but it sounds absolutely delish!!
Bean :cool:
05 Aug 2016, 10:59
@nursebean, hey, enjoy your Beanys Day Out, and cappuccino and chocolate does sound heavenly! Congratulations on your 2 stone award. Definitely calls for a celebration! Hugs, Phyl
05 Aug 2016, 12:07
@mountainmyst how lovely to have yr girlish figure again..i want you to have the good health to go along with that! One day eh!
Oh and sometimes we call M n S " Marksys"!
@nursebean youe well on yr way to yr girlish figure! Keep going!
That cappo chocco roll is delish,have had it in the past!
Enjoy yr lunch and report back! X
05 Aug 2016, 12:15
Hi Candy@CandiceMarie, well I have the girlish weight back, but everything is located a bit further south and definitely more little old lady than girlish. LOL you and Beany are both well on your way ! Hopefully we can all get our health back also. Wouldn't that be wonderful!!!??? It could just happen. Hope your day is grand!! Hugs, Phyl
05 Aug 2016, 20:41
Hey! Ive written this some place else BUT - d'you know what? I didn't enjoy that choccie roll and I didn't enjoy my day off. I don't like sweet things any more and I don't like milk chocolate. Finally, I've broken my bad habits - I can't wait to get back to BSD tomorrow and this time there'll be no more day's off. I love this way of eating. Low carb, no grain is the way forward - woohoo!

We are so gonna get there. Watch us fly!!

In the meantime, night night! :sleepy:
06 Aug 2016, 11:14
Beany@nursebean, I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your treat, or am I? LOL so thrilled that you are taking to the low carb grainfree diet so well. Like you, I no longer enjoy milk chocolate. I get these little dark chocolate bars from Aldi that are a little over an ounce, and I eat a half one, or sometimes a whole one several times a week, sometimes not as often,but I can safely eat them and a little is very satisfying.
I have a few recipes for chocolate that using cocoa powder, coconut oil and maple syrup or honey( or other sweetener if you use those) that I am going to try out. I will let you know how it goes.
I am so looking forward to watching your journey with your new lifestyle. You and Candy are doing so well!!! Hugs, Phyl
06 Aug 2016, 15:34
Hey Phyl! I love the sound of that cocoa thing - apart from the coconut oil (nut allergy) - but Imlove the sound of maple syrup and honey - Mmm
Heehee it's great that I didn't enjoy that silly food too. My mum tried to tempt me with another piece of choccy roll - and I refused!! Get me eh?!!
Bean :heart: :smile:
07 Aug 2016, 00:15
Hi beany@nursebean, oh it is a shame about the nut allergy. You are doing so well with your new way of eating. I feel much better eating this way, although I am no where nearly as strict on counting carbs and such. And I don't count calories now. It is probably a good idea to do both when you first start though. That way you get used to about how much of a particular food you are comfortable with.
You and candy and all the others are really doing well, and I will be surprised if you go back to eating the old way. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs, Phyl
07 Aug 2016, 11:15
Thanks Phyl @MountainMyst - you should see me when I've eaten a Brazil nut! :shock:
I'm loving this new method of eating, I really am! According to MFP I should weigh 9 stone 4 by the time I go to Canada! I think that might be a tad optimistic though :wink:
Got salmon for lunch today - and can't wait!!
What are you up to today over there? xx
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 Next
899 posts Page 56 of 60