The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 57 of 60
Previous 1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
07 Aug 2016, 12:35
Hi beany@nursebean. Nut allergies are awful. I have to confess I did not think about coconut as a nut. Silly I know, but I have seen so many recipes listed as nut free with coconut, I thought perhaps it didn't have the same reactions.
I just wrote a bloomin novel on Hazelnuts thread, I hope no one will mind. I wanted to explain that this way of life isn't too difficult to maintain long term. Although you all are monitoring carb intake and calories and I am not. After a while, you probably won't need to measure as carefully. I might have to keep count a couple of days just to see what I am doing. :-)
You might just make those wt. numbers by the time of get to Canada. You are doing so well. I am so glad you are getting to visit your sister and nephews. Wish we weren't so far from Montreal, we could have a little visit. Ah well, maybe one day I will win that lottery and we can visit. :-)
We are doing ok here, just the usual trying to clean house and organize. Seems a losing battle around here. Hope your salmon was yummy. Hugs, Phyl
07 Aug 2016, 13:32
Whereabouts are you in relation to Montreal Phyl?! Wow! Wouldn't it be amazing to meet up!!
I can't tell you how excited I am about visiting my darling sister and those little blessums! She's bean there 3 years now and I've bean too ill to visit. I'm going to relish every moment over there - no matter how exhausting!! :dazed:
My sis tends to eat pasta and rice quite a lot - but she is SO healthy, so I don't think it'll have too big an impact on me - although I suspect she may nag me about having breakfast - and make some pancakes!! Mmmmm :wink:
Bean :heart:
08 Aug 2016, 08:55
Well finally got good computer connected, and waiting in for Virgin to reconnect box in my bedroom. Now have beds in both bedrooms, thanks to son and his DIY skills. Also bought a combination BBQ and Pizza oven from Homebase, which he put together and we tested with a lovely barbi on Saturday, using food sourced from the Sainsbury express at the bottom of the road. Much better than my last corner shop which didn`t sell good fresh bread and produce.
Really enjoying Gloucester and living much closer to Josh. Went over there yesterday and watched 6 episodes of the final season of Game of Thrones with his posh TV and sound system. He made a great japanese style prawn curry, followed by mars bar icecream.
And to top it all without trying I am at my lowest weight in years. Probably down to all the manic pruning I`ve been doing in this beautiful but overgrown garden. Must say I feel somewhat knackered, so I will post this then go back to bed.
Love to you all, and thanks for the great support.
08 Aug 2016, 10:27
Hi beany@nursebean, it would be wonderful to get together. Unfortunately I live just over 1000 miles from Montreal! A bit of a drive. :-) we talked for years about moving to Maine, then we could have visited easily. I know you will enjoy you visit with your family, that is the main thing. I am so glad you are up to the visit.
I hope if you share pasta and such with your sister, you will tolerate it well, and enjoy yourself. You will be showing off your skinny self when you go. Might need a new wardrobe. :-)

Hi@chingola, so glad you are getting happily settled in your new home! I know it is wonderful for you to have your son nearby. Your new grill sounds great, we just got a new one recently, and we cook up lots of chicken and burgers at once, put them in the freezer for those nights no one feels like cooking. It works great for us. And Mars bar icecream sound heavenly!!! Congratulations on your new weight loss! Does that come under the heading of working your bum off?? ;-) rest up my friend, so glad you are back.
Hugs the all, Phyl
08 Aug 2016, 11:51
Hi @chingola! Hi girls!
Chingola so glad to hear you're happy in yr new place! X
Mmmm its a long time since i had Mars ice cream,but - it - is - gorgeous! X
You deserve it after all yr hard work in the garden! X
10 Aug 2016, 21:30
Ooh did somebody say Mars Ice-cream?! How COULD you?!! :shock:
D'you know, Phyl @[tag]MiuntainMyst[/tag] I love the look of Maine. I'd love to go there. Where are you exactly?
I think I may suffer a bit tomorrow having bean pummelled again by the chiro. I had a woman today and she was far more ...active? Shall we say? At one point I heard a crack in my neck - yikes!!
Hope everyone's had a good day
10 Aug 2016, 21:35
Hi gang, i love Maine coon cats! And i wd love to be in USA or Canada..both places fascinate me x
15 Aug 2016, 13:55
Hi@nursebean, ouch chiropractors are fun aren't they?? LOl. Hope you are recovered, it has been so long since you posted this. I am in eastern Tennessee, between Chattanooga and Knoxville. We really thought about Maine for years, but the prospect of that long move was just too daunting. The 500 miles back to Tn. From Florida was enough.
Hi@CandiceMarie, I love Maine coons also, big ole fluffy critters. I would love for you both to come visit after we get moved( don't know when that will happen) I want to come to England, it is my dream to see England, Scotland and Ireland before I leave this world. Of course, if I ever got there, someone would have to force me to leave. LOL.
@Chingola, hope you are getting all settled in and rested up.
Love and big hugs to all, Phyl
15 Aug 2016, 15:12
Oh that would be amazing to be able to meet up with you Phyl @MountainMyst and Candy @Candicemarie! I have dreams of being well and being able to explore the world a bit more - specifically Canada of course - but I'd love to visit Maine! One day - one day!! :wink:
Well I had another chiro attack today! :shock: The amazing thing is that whilst there I saw they'd pinned up an ad for a part-time receptionist - Fridays 2-6 (plus holiday cover as and when needed). This would be an ideal way to get back into the world. I went to get my CV - guess what? I've lost it. I've just spent the best part of today re-typing it. I don't much like it. My sister (who is an editor) is going to vet it for me - so hopefully I'll send it off tomorrow - and then interviews (if they fancy the look of ME!!) will be next week - gulp!! :confused:
15 Aug 2016, 19:43
Beany@nursebean, what a wonderful way to test you working abilities since you are doing better. Not extremely long hrs, good luck with your interview, fingers crossed! I don't know why they wouldn't want to interview you, and love you!! And I am sorry you had to retune your c.v. That stinks! I hate it when things vanish and it happens all the time at our house, especially when Dexter "cleans" . LOL. Sending you a gentle post chiro hug! Phyl
15 Aug 2016, 20:21
Thanks again Phyl @MountainMyst - I seem to be following you around!!
Well, I've finalised my CV - and its gone - woosh! Just like that! Now I just wait and see I guess!!
Off to bed now - pooped!
Night night everyone
16 Aug 2016, 10:52
Hi@nursebean, hope you got a good nights rest. Congrats on getting your c.v. Out so promptly. Fingers crossed for the new job. Hugs, Phyl
20 Aug 2016, 20:36
Hi there! Did I tell you I have an interview on Tuesday?! The job is for 4 hours a week plus holiday cover. The only trouble is - when do I tell them I have a 4-week holiday booked?! There's no way I'm cancelling it. I've waited years to visit my sister!
How's your weekend going Phyl @MountainMyst and Candy @Candicemarie?
Second day of taking those thyroid tablets. I think they can take up to 90 days to take effect - sigh (so impatient!)
I've over-eaten today. The guilt pangs have just started :cry:
20 Aug 2016, 21:23
Hi Beany@nursebean, so exciting about the job interview! I sure understand not wanting to postpone your trip, you have been so excited about going. Just explain up front that you would love to do the job, and that you have tickets and are committed. Hopefully they will wait for your return.
We are ok. Having a problem with a tick infestation in our yard. We had a ton of birds visiting, so many I was expecting the ghost of Alfred Hitchcock to wander by. :-) my car looked like a Jackson Pollock painting. Well the birdies moved on, but left all these tiny ticks behind. Icky!! ;-)
Don't beat yourself up about going over your calories. Just stick with the grainfree and you will lose( just my opinion) being too hard on yourself is not good for you. You are doing great. Gotta run, sending you and our buddies a big hug. Phyl
20 Aug 2016, 21:31
Oh wow! The Birds eh?! We have our very own Tipi Hedron in the house!! :-). Those ticks sound hhhhorrible! Have they gone now?
When you say grain free - does it just mean cutting out bread and rice? I'm not eating bread, rice, potatoes or pasta at the mo. I think these last three weeks may be very difficult because I've got five pounds to lose before Canada! I must try and chill out :cool:
Have a great Sunday!
Previous 1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 Next
899 posts Page 57 of 60