The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

245 posts Page 15 of 17
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
Re: justdee's progress
29 Nov 2014, 21:06
Hi @justdee good to see you back on the forum, we have missed you! Good luck with you fasts next week :clover: see you on the Monday thread ...
06 Dec 2014, 20:49
Good to be back on the fasting wagon. This week my Monday fast was good and Thursdays was good until I had an argument with my neighbor. Had around a 1000cals in the end. To make up for it I fasted Friday, all went well. Weigh in today and I'm 2lbs down on last week, 164.4lbs, very pleased with that. I have a week and a half before my xmas break to the UK, that's at least 3 fastdays, think I'll try to get 4 in before the madness begins. :reindeer:
30 Dec 2014, 23:55
Oh no, think I've piled on the lbs :( I've not weighed as I'm away from home but know I've gained, think it's wishful thinking to hope it's mostly water, more likely just pure sugar and fat :( . I've not fasted over xmas and it's new years eve tomorrow so will have to sort it out in the new year now. I plan to fast on the 2nd but don't get home until the 5th so we'll see what happends. A new year is on it's way and that means a new start too. I will be fasting in the first week of the year. Happy New Year to all and all the very best for 2015 xx :party: :drink: :booze: :party:
16 Jan 2015, 08:50
Ok not quite the first week of the year but the fasting has started again. I got back from my xmas break and oh yes I've packed on the weight. My weight when I first got back was 171.8lbs :( wow that's just over a 7lb gain :( Anyway I've had a few false starts but yesterday was my first real fast this year. Under 500cals. Today is my weigh in day and I'm now 171lbs so just under a lb off this week. I've decided to reset my tracker. Think it will be better for motivation. 2015 will be the year I get to goal.
16 Jan 2015, 17:54
justdee wrote: Ok not quite the first week of the year but the fasting has started again. I got back from my xmas break and oh yes I've packed on the weight. My weight when I first got back was 171.8lbs :( wow that's just over a 7lb gain :( Anyway I've had a few false starts but yesterday was my first real fast this year. Under 500cals. Today is my weigh in day and I'm now 171lbs so just under a lb off this week. I've decided to reset my tracker. Think it will be better for motivation. 2015 will be the year I get to goal.

Fantastic start to fasting again xxx
13 Apr 2016, 22:25
Well here I am again, back to give it another go. I totally stopped fasting over a year ago and now I'm back at my heaviest again :( I can't believe that in December 2014 (just before I stopped fasting) I was 20lbs lighter than I am now. I went away for xmas in 2014 for 3 weeks, came back 7lbs heavier and chucked in the towel. Big mistake. May be there's a lesson there. Anyway, I've done my first fast today and it was a good day and I found it easy. Feeling hungry at the mo but it's bed time now so the day is done and I'll wake up feeling pleased with self. :)
14 Apr 2016, 04:01
Great to see you back @justdee
You'll be back in the swing in no time!
14 Apr 2016, 04:57
Hi @justdee good to see you back on board. Like you I have been on and off again with this WOL/WOE since early 2013 and guess what? When I am off it the weight creeps back on! Have been back here since mid January this year after returning from an overseas trip and being horrified by what I weighed. Have lost 8 kgs (nearly 18 lbs) since then by doing a simple Monday/Thursday fast; increasing my exercise slightly and checking in here frequently. Looking forward to getting to maintenance in the next couple of months - ideally by my birthday in July.
Good luck and stick with it. We are all here for you.
14 Apr 2016, 07:11
@Pilchards?!! 18 Pounds? Since January?!! That is awesome! Well done! xx
14 Apr 2016, 09:55
Thanks for the welcome back @MerryMelb and @Pilchards, and that's just what I needed to hear, 18lbs that's amazing well done, I hope to follow in your footsteps. And nice to see you too @nursebean ;)
15 Apr 2016, 22:12
Second fast day today. It feels good to be back in control. Think I'll have my weigh in day on Sunday. I'm not really bothered how fast the weight comes off, just happy to be dealing with it at last. I didn't think it would be this easy, may be it's all about being in the right head space.
19 Apr 2016, 19:39
3rd fast today and it's been a good fastday. I did feel hungry at times but it soon past. I got on the scale this morning and have lost 3lbs. I had a read of this thread yesterday and realized the only time I didn't lose weight on 5:2 is when I didn't do 2 full fast a week. I don't know why I didn't notice that before. Back then I thought it wasn't working for me, but looking back over my weekly post I can see the only time I didn't lose is when I didn't fast properly. So pleased I kept this 5:2 diary, It has shown me I can do this. Here's to 2 fast a week and seeing some great results.

Start weight: 186 lbs
After week 1: 183 lbs (-3lbs)
24 Apr 2016, 12:56
I fasted on Friday, only having around 400 calories. I am drinking coffee throughout the day with a little milk, I am sort of counting the milk cals but not measuring the milk so it could be taking me over. This week I'll try to have just black coffee or water to drink on fast days. I didn't want to fast on friday but told myself to get on with it. I have chosen this WOL and can't see a better way of dealing with my weight and living a healthier life, so fasting it will have to be. I do already feel healthier on this WOL and know I need to stick with it. I weighed this morning and I've lost 1 lb this week. I will be fasting tomorrow and I'm kind of looking forward to it.

After week 2: 182 lbs (-1lb this week)
-4lbs in 2 weeks
01 May 2016, 10:48
My fast days this week were Monday and Thursday, both days under 500 cals. I can't believe it's already been 3 weeks since I returned to fasting, kicking self for not doing it sooner. Both fast days this week went well, although, Thursday was one of "those" days, you know the ones, where everything you do turns out to be a waste of time, sitting around in offices and trips here, there and everywhere that turned out to be for nothing. The day would have been no less productive if I'd have stayed in bed. The good thing is, that sort of day in the past would have ended in a failed fast. There were many points in the day that would have triggered the end of a fast, in days gone by, but not this time. I used all the waiting around to my advantage, no opportunity to eat, ending the day at around 300 cals. Also managed to stick to black coffee on fast days, not so bad. Anyway, I weighed this morning and have lost a lb this week. Very pleased it's working :)

After week 3: 181 lbs (-1lb this week)
-5lbs in 3 weeks
08 May 2016, 12:05
Week 4 - I fasted on Monday and Friday, both under 500 cals and easy fast, only really feeling hungry after my evening meal on Friday. I had veg curry for dinner, it was very nice and low in cals but didn't really cut it as a fastday meal, left me feeling hungry for the rest of the evening. I was going to fast on Thursday but had a really bad nights sleep on Wednesday. I knew Thursday would be a difficult fast, so changed it to Friday. After Mondays fast I felt I could carry on fasting. On Tuesday and Wednesday I could have fasted but chose not to because I'd planned for Thursday and didn't want to mess up my week. As it was, I wish I'd have fasted Wednesday too. This week I'm going to listen to my body more and if it wants to fast I'll let it. I can't believe I'm still in such a good 'zone' with this WOL, I know how quickly it can change (hence no fast Thursday) and I'm trying to ready myself for the change in mind set, because it will happen at some point. As for now all is good in my fasting world and this week I've lost another lb. :)

After week 4: 180 lbs (-1lb this week)
-6lbs in 4 weeks
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
245 posts Page 15 of 17