The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

245 posts Page 13 of 17
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
Re: justdee's progress
14 Jul 2014, 20:48
I like it. :lol: :lol: :lol: @karenm
14 Jul 2014, 20:54
Where do we post our thread? :?:
14 Jul 2014, 20:56
I'm not sure, maybe in the non-diet chat?
02 Aug 2014, 13:23
I've not updated this for a few weeks, so let's have a go :) . Two weeks ago my sister and nephew arrived and we did lots of holiday things for a week, BBQs, beach, pool, markets, evenings at the bar and eating out. And me and sis went on a few 2/3hr walks. Was a lovely week and the best part is I didn't fast and didn't gain, was just mindful of what I ate and most days just had 2 meals. If I had breakfast, I skipped lunch, if I skipped breakfast I had lunch. I didn't have to try it just happened that way. I was getting a bit fed up with food by the end of the week. Anyway my sister went home and my nephew stayed, he always does for the 6 week hols. There's more for him to do here and his mum works and goes to uni so none of us like the idea of him over there on his own a lot. We still do holiday stuff but we have all summer so don't have to cram it all in, just do something once or twice a week. This last week I have fasted Monday and Friday. Mondays fast was a difficult one. I knew it would be because it was first fast after a break. I think I went over but wasn't too worried as I'd fasted all day. Then I got the flu, it knocked me off my feet, I've not been that ill in years. After spending all of Thursday in bed I felt a bit better on Friday and decided to fast. All went well until the evening when my body told me it needed greek yogurt, I listened and shoveled it in :oops: . Don't know how many cals I had but know it was more than 500. Not worried about this as I almost didn't fast at all. This morning the scale was very kind and said 168.4lbs . I weight everyday and some days it's been a little bit lower, some days a bit higher. I'm happy with that as it is TTOM again already. I'm still waiting to get under 168lbs but not too bother when, at least I'm not gaining. If I'd never started 5:2 I would probably be over 14st (196lbs) by now, now that is scary as I'm only 5ft1". I trust this WOL and know my body will let go of more weight when it's good and ready. I'm happy to be 12st 0.4lbs (168.4lbs) for now, this time last year I was 13st 3lbs (185lbs). I'm a solid stone down and I'm happy with that, ok I need to lose another 2 or 3 st, but the best things come to those who wait :)

Edit: I've not eaten yet today and it's 3:30pm. OK I was in bed until 1pm but I am still ill and I didn't get to sleep until 5am-ish because of coughing all night. Not feeling very hungry so just going to listen to my body today and see when/what it wants. :)
02 Aug 2014, 14:06
Good thinking Justdee. Hope you're soon completely well and isn't it wonderful that you could enjoy the time with your family and not gain weight. See you in the walking tent.
02 Aug 2014, 15:10
Sorry you've caught my bug @justdee and yes listen to your body deffo coz I didn't and the bug outstayed its welcome.
Well done and considering totm I'd say you've got the 11stone
Glad all went well with the family visiting enjoy the rest of your summer break before your house move and school resumes.
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
02 Aug 2014, 17:59
Thanks ladies. @Sallyo I hope to be back in the walking tent soon, I need to find my walking mojo, once I have a bit more energy. And @Sue.Q I wondered who I'd pick this up off, must be one of those viruses that travel around the interweb haha :) Hope you're much better now. :heart:
03 Aug 2014, 06:16
Hi Dee, how are you feeling today? Is the @sue.q virus letting up any?
Be kind to yourself and take things easy until you're well xxx :heart: xxx
03 Aug 2014, 08:22
{{{+}}} hugs to @justdee and keep resting and drinking water, it's helped me with the awful illness (2 weeks now though easing up on the coughing). Get well before you consider more actions m'dear.
03 Aug 2014, 11:39
Thanks girlies, I'm feeling much better now, still a bit weak and I really need to get rid of this cough, it's keeping me up at night. Last night I didn't manage to fall asleep until 6am, the night before it was 5am, it's driving me crazy and I'm then staying in bed until lunch time because I'm so tired. The plan today is to keep busy cleaning and packing up house stuff, ironing later this evening and then a nice shower and an early night. Must remember to take some magnesium with dinner tonight. :)
@Karenm I hope Ka's feeling well and getting her strength back ready for her birthday celebrations next week, not this (I think). My DD turns 12 the following Friday. Take care hun x
09 Aug 2014, 10:32
I really need to get my fast days back on track. Yesterdays went a bit off, not full blown off the rails and out of control, but I don't think I've done a proper 500cal fast for a few weeks. So next week is going to be Mon/Thur proper 500cal or less fast. I know I can do it, I'm just giving in too easily. This week I've gained 0.4lbs and I'm now 168.8lb, I did see 167.4lbs on Wednesday, just bobbing around the same few lbs still. On the bright side I'm not piling it all back on. I'm going to sneak into the springy/fall challenge tent later and hope nobody notices my gain :oops: .
10 Aug 2014, 12:36
We can manage a couple of fasts this week dee xxx :heart: xxx
15 Aug 2014, 11:44
I've had the best 5:2 week in a looooong time. 2 really good fast. I did Monday and Thursday this week, both fast went really well (thanks to back to basics Monday) and both days I had less than 500cals. I really feel I'm back in the zone and fasting properly, no little bit of this or that. So, this morning was weigh in, I was feeling very hopeful as I hopped on the scale. And.... are you ready for this, drum roll please !!!!! 169lbs ***169lbs*** ??? HOW???? Last weigh in I was 168.8, the one before that I was 168.4. :confused: :confused: :confused: So that's a 0.2lb gain from last week. I know it's not loads but it should have been a loss. I hope it's down to the heavy duty gardening I did earlier in the week. :confused: No change with the tape measure either but I do feel a little smaller. :confused: I'm still trying to get under 12st (168lbs), I have had the odd day at 167.something lbs but it is the odd day and then it goes back up. I really think it's different fat I'm working on now, more solid, set solid fat. You see, the 14or so lbs I have lost in the last year I have lost and regained a few times over the last 5 years but never really got under 168 (12st). Is the fat I've got left to lose (3st) more solid and harder to get rid of? Or is it just a sticking point that once broken the fat will start melting away again? Just going to stick with the back to basics and hope for the best. The springing in to fall challenge doesn't look anywhere near doable as I'm still trying to get back to my start weight. :shock:
22 Aug 2014, 22:12
Another good 5:2 week, I fasted Monday+Thursday. I'm in a really good head space at the moment, saying that, the fast days are not as easy as they used to be. I have a bit of a fight with myself not to self sabotage, but I'm going to stick at the 2 fast a week no matter what. Anyway, I weighed in today and YEAH!!! I'm 167.6lbs (11st 13.6lbs) at last. Only just under the 12st mark but I'm under it today on my official weigh in day :) . I also feel a little smaller. Oh! almost forgot, the tape said I've lost half an inch off my waist too. Been stuck at 36 for ages.

Today I've been making a birthday cake for DD. Very pleased with how it turned out. Will post pic on here tomorrow (if I can work out how to do it). Pre-warned Saturday fasters.
22 Aug 2014, 22:24
:victory: Congratulations justdee! :victory:
I know you've been trying to get under 12 stone for a long time and its finally happened. Yippee!!!!!
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
245 posts Page 13 of 17