The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

245 posts Page 1 of 17
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 Next
justdee's progress
10 Oct 2013, 14:51
I thought it was about time I started a diary, mainly so I can look back at everything in one place but I also hope to inspire others. :)

I started this WOL on the 12th of September 2013, weighing 180lbs, with a 38inch waist, uk size 16. At only 5ft 1" I am obese. I'm now 35 years old and I have been over weight/obese all my adult life. Losing a few stone here and there on different diets, only to put it all back on. I have never made it to a healthy BMI. My start BMI is 33.99

Week 1
I started on a Thursday with my first fast. I was going to have 3 small meals. This was a mistake. After having a yogurt for breakfast and a salad for lunch, the hunger got the better of me and I failed mid afternoon.
I decided to try again the next day. Friday went well. I took advice from friendly forum folk and didn't eat anything until the evening. I did feel hungry, but nothing like the day before. and I really enjoyed my chicken salad (favorite meal) at 8pm.
Second fast day was Monday, everything was fine. Drank plenty of water and the day pasted quite easily.
I weighed myself on Thursday morning and was 177.4lbs , that's a loss of 2.6lbs. :) On other diets I would have lost about 4 or 5lbs in the first week but I'm happy for this WOE to take longer, as long as I can stick to it.

Week 2
This week I fasted on Thursday and Monday. I found the fast to be easy. I started of a little hungry but it soon went away. I did get light headed and dizzy on the 2 non-fast days after the first fast. I think it's strange that it's on non-fast days, I would have expected it on fast days.
After week 2 my weight was 176.1lbs. Only a 1.3 loss this week but people have said it will be slow and I'm still ok with that, as long as I can stick to this WOE.

Week 3
This week I fasted on Friday and Monday. This week I was obsessing over the scale, because I'd only lost just over a pound last week I really didn't want another low loss. So on Wednesday I did a half fast too. I really don't feel hungry at all on fast days. I can feel that my stomach is empty but don't get any hunger pangs or anything. My stomach does feel quite uncomfortable on some non-fast days. It's not that I've eaten loads, my body just doesn't seem to like too much bread anymore, but I keep forgetting. It doesn't mind bread once a day but if I have it twice my stomach feels really heavy. I really can't eat the way I used to (which is great). My evening meals are smaller without even trying and if I do have too much of something (bread, cake etc) my body tells me about it. Hopefully I'll learn to listen, as I really don't like the feeling when I've eaten a lot of the wrong thing.
After week 3 my weight was 173.5lbs, that's a loss of 2.6lbs this week. I've also lost half an inch off my waist, now 37.5"

October 5th forum weight in. Weighed this morning and another lb gone so that makes 7lbs down this month. I'm fully happy with this. This weight in is after a f/day and I normally weigh after 2 non-fast days. (I'm not counting this in my weekly weigh ins, this is just for the forum stats)

Week 4
I fasted Friday and Monday this week. I'm still finding this WOL very easy. I have no real side effects of this WOE but this week I have found myself over compensating a little on the day before a fast, something for me to keep an eye on. I also started exercising this week. Using the fitness equipment at the local park and I've been walking miles. I feel slimmer this week. I'm wearing clothes that were just too tight a month ago. My finger nails have started to grow thicker and stronger, I just feel healthier. :)
After week 4 my weight was 174.2lbs, I've put on just over half a pound. I'm not bothered about this at all. I know it's because of the amount of exercise I've done this week and it's just extra water my body needs (for now). I was going to leave it a good few week before measuring myself again but because I felt smaller this week, I grabbed the tape and I've lost half an inch on my waist (now 37") and at least half an inch (some nearer an inch) everywhere else. I'm very happy this week, even though I've had a gain.

I just want to thank everyone on this wonderful forum, who has given me support and helped me through my first month. Thanks guys :heart: :heart:
Re: justdee's progress
10 Oct 2013, 14:53
Hi justdee,

Well done on your progress, keep up the good work.

i start tomorrow any advice :)
10 Oct 2013, 15:03
Hi marzana and welcome. My advice would be to just go for it, it's easier than you think. As I said in my post, I only eat in the evening on fast days, a lot of us find this keep the hunger at bay. You will find what works best for you over your first few fast. Drink plenty of water and have a good look around this forum for support and inspiration. Everyone here is so friendly and always happy to help. Good luck with your first fast tomorrow, let us know how you get on. :)
Dee
10 Oct 2013, 15:06
Wonderful progress Dee! Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress hun xx
10 Oct 2013, 16:29
Well done Dee that is progress indeed. :heart:

Fantastic result. Good. Luck. :clover: Sue
10 Oct 2013, 16:40
Sounding good Dee! keep it up and love the tape measure. It's your friend.
:victory:
10 Oct 2013, 21:54
Well done Dee! What a good four weeks effort and great result x
10 Oct 2013, 21:55
Well done Dee! What a good four weeks effort and great result x
11 Oct 2013, 06:46
Well done on your progress so far. The tape measure is the most reliable way of telling what's going on but, somehow, we all seem to put more reliance on the scales! It's odd!
15 Oct 2013, 14:19
Week 5
I fasted Friday and Monday this week and haven't done much exercise. I really didn't feel like I had the energy, (must try harder). Fast days were a little bit harder this week too. First fast day I did feel hungry most of the day and on the second fast day, I just kept going in the kitchen looking at food, haha, I didn't really feel hungry I just wanted to eat. I'm glad I was on a fast because it would have been one of those days that I just eat everything. It is that time of the months so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm still eating less on non-fast days, although I'm eating more yummy things. I've started baking again. After so many years of baking once in a blue moon, I'm really enjoying making gorgeous treats. The good thing is I feel very satisfied after a nice slice of cake or something, whereas before 5:2 I could have easily eaten a few very big slices in an evening. My stomach can't take it anymore. I love that my eating habits are changing without even trying, all I have to do is 2 fast days a week and enjoy the ride.
I've changed my weigh in day this week, to the day after my second fast. It may work in my favor this week but it's all the same really, if it's coming off it's coming off, I think weighing the day after a fast gives a more consistent weight.
After week 5 my weight is 172lbs, that's a 2.2lbs loss since last weigh in. I'm not taking too much notice of this weigh in as it is the time of the month and I have changed my weigh day, so we'll have to see what next week says.

start weight: 180lbs
todays weight: 172lbs 8lbs down in 5 weeks, not too bad :)
start waist: 38"
todays waist: 37" 1 inch gone. :)
22 Oct 2013, 14:06
Week 6
My fast days this week were Friday and Monday. All was well and the days pasted very easily. I have stopped counting cals on fast days. I drink water all day and maybe one green tea and then a salad for dinner. It comes in well under 500cals so I stopped counting. Some wouldn't like eating salad every fast day but it's great for me. I really enjoy a salad and I like that I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat and cals etc. For the first time after fasting I found it really hard to sleep last night, I was still wide awake at 4:30am (it was driving me crazy). Normally I would have had a glass of warm milk but being a fast day I had a green tea (not as good but I think it helped). I'm also feeling a bit smaller again this week, I've not measured with the tape, I'll leave it a few more weeks. I'm so very happy with this WOL/WOE :)
After week 6 my weight is 170lbs, that's a 2lbs loss since last weigh in. Very pleased :)

start weght:180lbs

Todays weight: 170lbs, 10lbs down in 6 weeks, 4lbs to mini goal :)
22 Oct 2013, 21:54
Well done Dee :heart: :heart:
Great progress for you :like: and I think if the glass of milk helps you sleep I'd go for it because as you said you're under your TDEE, I'm still going for the salads on fastdays because I can make it look like a big meal with a small chicken breast and a stick of celery to crunch through on each meal takes ages to eat it and fills me up, will think about the soups/stews for the colder months though but only because my hands get unbearably cold with handling all the cold salads stuff Lol
old age eh I suppose :heart:
Keep on target for that mini goal :clover: Sue. :clover:
23 Oct 2013, 18:59
Thanks Sue. Great minds think alike, I love my fastday salads, I think I'll have stew when it gets colder, I'd never even thought of stew. Mostly veg so not many cals. :)
Dee
30 Oct 2013, 19:28
Week 7
Normal Friday and Monday fast this week But I've been eating way to many carbs for over a week. I'm sticking to my fast day very well but on none fast days I can't get a grip on my eating. For some reason my imaginary gastric band has gone. I'm also still not sleeping very well. I'm a bad sleeper anyway so that's not because of the fasting. But I think being tired is why I'm eating so many carbs. I've not measured with the tape yet but I'm not feeling as trim as last week.

start weight: 180lbs

After 7 weeks my weight is 172.2. a 2.2lbs gain :( I blame the carbs :( not impressed :(

7.8lbs lost in 7 weeks. I know that's still above the average of a lb a week, but my xmas goal of 1 stone off is looking less and less doable.

:( feeling very sorry for myself :(
30 Oct 2013, 21:45
Ooohhh Dear :shock:
This won't do at all Dee, i thought we had a pact for a Christmas goal for each of us :heart: :heart:
Mix it up with 4:3 plus 16:8 But mainly reduce carbs :like:
Well that's what i'm doing firstly to shift my holiday damage then i'm determind to get to my interim goal before xmas.
You're not going back on this pact with all these people being witness to such an event surely ????
Come on Dee remake the promise or what ?
Living in hope :clover: :clover: Sue. :clover:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 Next
245 posts Page 1 of 17