The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

245 posts Page 14 of 17
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
Re: justdee's progress
22 Aug 2014, 22:38
Thanks @julianna, one happy Dee here :grin:
23 Aug 2014, 10:33
It's good when a plan comes together isn't it. Well done on getting back on the rails.
23 Aug 2014, 20:31
Congratulations Dee on getting your new low. :like:
You so deserve to reach that elusive number well done on persevering, whittling a little off now and then does work wonders for our self esteem.
Downwards you go my girl even if it's slowly its not a race its a lifetime commitment from here on @justdee
Doesn't matter if you don't meet the challenge providing you're getting closer to your end goal.
Your motivation should be high now ready to take you into another fasting week starting Monday, yes after the birthday cake, you've got to love this WOL for allowing us those special treats that no diet on this planet
can come even close to match. :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart:
23 Aug 2014, 20:41
Great perseverance Dee, power to you you are an inspiration as to what we need to be doing just keeping at it though the thick and thin times. Hope The cake was yum
24 Aug 2014, 22:40
Thank you x. The cake was lovely, (tried posting pic but it's too big :( ). Off to bed now ready for a fast tomorrow. :)
25 Aug 2014, 07:01
I will be joining you at back under 12st soon @justdee :like:
I hope you enjoyed the party and that DD enjoyed her cake? I no longer bake as I seem to have lost the knack (probably for the best :wink: )
xxx :heart: xxx
08 Sep 2014, 20:42
Time for a little update. The last 2 weeks I've fasted Mondays + Thursdays. I'm still loving the basic 5:2, sticking to 500cals or less and still in a good place regarding this WOL. My weight at the last weigh in (sat) was 166.4lbs, that's 1.2lb down in 2 weeks. I'm not even thinking about what I'm eating on nonfastdays, mostly around my TDEE (I think). One nonfast day about a week ago I went crazy and think I must have had about 3000cals, I didn't count but know I had way more than normal. Probably why it was only 1.2lb in 2 weeks, I can live with that if it can be this relaxed for 5 days a week.
I'm a bit worried about not being able to get on-line at the end of this week (for god knows how long) :bugeyes: :confused: I'm also dreading moving my scales to the new house, just hope they aren't naughty and tell me I'm heavier than they do when here.
Fasting will be ok when I move, there is a supermarket 3 streets away so there will be no excuse. Starting next Monday I will be cycling to school with DD (and back for me) 2x a day. That will give me 8 miles a day on the bike (Mon-Fri). Anywhere else I need to go will be by bike, there are cycle paths everywhere, just got to keep my fingers crossed for a dry winter. :smile:

Edit: Oops I didn't fast last Thursday I changed it to Friday, I can't remember why now but it worked out fine. :)
08 Sep 2014, 21:19
@justdee
Great news Dee that going back too basics/5:2 is working so well for you that's a good loss over the two weeks, and every weigh-in week us seeing you make a new low which is so motivational.
don't stress about moving your scales the numbers will be good to you eventually especially with the regular cycling
you'll be doing.
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
08 Sep 2014, 21:34
Thanks @Sue.Q, just happy I'm moving while I'm in a good head space, I'm not even nearly thinking of going off track. I am going to miss checking in on the fasting today thread but I can assure you I will be fasting. Just hope I'm not away for too long because if I have a wobble they'll be nobody to talk fasting with :( . I'll be cycling to an internet cafe just to get a forum fix haha. :)
08 Sep 2014, 21:39
PS @Sue.Q Please look out for @karenm for me. She'll be back soon. I know a lot is going on with Ka going back to school and new respite center. Don't leave it too long karen, we're here to support you, hope all is well x
08 Sep 2014, 21:47
justdee wrote: PS @Sue.Q Please look out for @karenm for me. She'll be back soon. I know a lot is going on with Ka going back to school and new respite center. Don't leave it too long karen, we're here to support you, hope all is well x

OK will do Dee I've already been on her case today lol :lol:
Bet I'm getting on her nerves.
Hope all goes well with the move hope the new house
is kind and lucky for all of you. :clover: :clover: :clover:
07 Oct 2014, 18:53
Time for an update... So, I've been away from the forum for the last month. I've moved and been super busy (sooo happy it's all done now). I did try fasting at least a few times a week but didn't manage to get past 4pm, so they were eating windows. I've started cycling to school with DD (just over 2 miles there and then back again twice a day (weekdays), I think that's why I found the fasting so hard, I needed the extra energy until I got used to the extra activity. I didn't weigh in for the month, mainly because I was too busy to think about it but when I thought about it it was either the wrong time to weigh or the scales were in the other house. Anyway I fasted yesterday (monday) and managed just fine. I had a salad ready in case I needed it at 4pm, but I got through without it. I weighed in this morning and have lost 2lbs in the last month, it doesn't sound a lot but for me it's loads. I'm now 164.4lbs, Yeahh!!! I'm sure all the cycling is why I managed to lose weight without doing any full fast. I will continue to cycle daily, it's part of my new life :) as long as it's not raining I'll be going where I can by bike from now on. Fingers crossed the only way is down (wight-wise), with the extra activity and basic 5:2 the weigh should fall off.
07 Oct 2014, 21:49
Well done @justdee- sounds like you are going great guns!

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
07 Oct 2014, 22:07
Yeah@justdee - very glad to hear you are settling into your new home :heart: and are returning to the 5:2 groove :wink:
29 Nov 2014, 18:55
Ooops, I went AWOL for a bit but now I'm back. Since my last update (7th Oct) I've gain 2lbs, I'm now 166.4lbs. Not the end of the world, it could have been a lot more, I've been avoiding the scale because I was too scared of what they would say. I'll be honest now, I've had a crazy month food wise, eating everything I see and going way overboard on the carbs, I mean WAY overboard. I'm still cycling almost daily and think that has a lot to do with why I haven't gained loads. That's it now enough's enough I'm back on 5:2 before it becomes something I used to do. I fasted yesterday and managed just fine, it was actually nice to feel hungry again. Got my fingers crossed that next weeks fast (Mon+Fri) will be as easy.
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
245 posts Page 14 of 17