The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

703 posts Page 10 of 47
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 47 Next
Re: Anyone in the US?
22 Dec 2014, 16:07
I'm still here! Having a fast day today. Yesterday was the kids Christmas program so we had lots of cakes, good food and cheese cake. I'm looking forward to a day of repair
22 Dec 2014, 17:40
I'm still here. This will be my only fast of the week. I'm now officially 10 full months into this fasting diet which I started Feb 23, 2013.
22 Dec 2014, 17:41
Congratulations Peebles! You'll soon be to your Fastiversary! :victory:
22 Dec 2014, 18:15
Great job@peebles!
22 Dec 2014, 19:15
I'm afraid no more fast days for me before Christmas as I have a couple of little "events" to fit in. Feeling guilty already and its only 11 am here.

Are we all going to be 24-hour shopping at Macy's and Kohl's etc??? Not me, thank goodness. Several years ago I worked for Macy's over the Thanksgiving and Christmas season - I was in the costume jewelry and handbag department - it was kind of fun and often crazy busy, BUT I absolutely hated the hours and the store only stayed open til 11 p.m. in those days. As I was the most recent hire, I was always given the worst hours and found myself clearing up in an almost deserted store and going home around midnight - these days, I'd be given the 3 a.m. shift no doubt!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :yawn:

Since those days, I hardly ever go to the malls or big department stores any more - a quick trip to Costco is about all I can handle.

Enjoy your day everyone !!!!!
22 Dec 2014, 23:11
I just survived taking the kids swimming and then to Culver's for ice cream. They had my favorite ice cream for the flavor of the day. So as a reward to myself I got a large diet dew (I gave those up a while ago) for being so strong. But then they bring out the ice cream and our youngest accidentally gets my favorite ice cream instead of plain vanilla like he ordered! He decided to keep it and I watched him eat mint chocolate chip with chocolate oreos and chocolate andy's candys on top. And he didn't even finish it! But I held strong and didn't eat it (but oh how I wanted to!!!!) They might not have that as the flavor of the day for months again. But I really want 5-2 to be a life long change so I thought about all the yummy Christmas foods coming up said.. I can eat tomorrow. Now after swimming I am freezing so I jumped in a hot shower and try and warm up. Hubby is going to start the wood stove later tonight for me.
23 Dec 2014, 06:59
@Canoegal, good for you for staying strong! It's just way too easy for every day to be a "special" day...and there goes your weight loss! Coming to the end of my light day, mostly challenging mentally.

Does anyone else experience this: On light/fast days, you get hungry but deal with it in order to succeed at your fast day. On normal days, I often don't get very hungry till later in the day and feel that I "can't" eat till I am actually hungry, not just have the lookie-loo "that looks good." My friend (who is afraid of not eating/5:2) doesn't understand how he can pick me up to go somewhere (skating, errands) and I'll casually say, Eh, haven't eaten yet today; should probably get around to it sometime...

Oh, I got my first Wow, you look good! at a friend's Christmas party on Saturday. It was my old boss, with whom I'm friends. She, btw, is VERY thin--probably a size 3 or 4. She LOSES weight when under stress. So for her to say I looked "sexy" was quite nice. :lol: I also wore much tighter clothes than I usually do, and she hadn't seen me for a few months.

I find it interesting that no one who is overweight has said a single word about my weight loss. I do understand that; opens up the topic and if they aren't ready to deal with it, they just don't want to talk about it. I'm a little miffed that no one has tried 5:2 based on my sharing, but I guess if I just keep on keepin' on, sooner or later someone will ask "What's up?" :smile:
23 Dec 2014, 10:26
First day of my mini vacation. Ah....I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee with NOTHING on my agenda for the day! Love it! It's rainy & cold, so I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere. The cat even let me sleep in till 5 o'clock instead of her usual 4:30! Score! :victory:

I had a good fast day yesterday. Not sure if I'll do another on Wednesday or not. I may wait until Friday or Saturday. My sister is coming for a few days on Sunday & we always go out to eat several times while she's here. I'm staying off the scale until Jan 2nd and I'd like to get a couple fast days in before then. It's harder to fast when I'm at home. At work I'm distracted and can keep busy. When I'm at home there are too many temptations, esp this time of year!

Back to my coffee........enjoy your day!
23 Dec 2014, 11:34
It's a fast day for me today. I started the day with a bulletproof decaf mocha with some fresh tumeric thrown in and some festive spices. It's very filling so probably will not need anything else all day. I have very few distractions today so practising mindfulness which should help with the fasting. Going to be a long day though as I'm doing Californian hours today as lots of phone meetings.
23 Dec 2014, 12:34
I think people from UK more follow this diet so that is more famous in Uk than Usa.
23 Dec 2014, 14:21
jacobhoppe wrote: I think people from UK more follow this diet so that is more famous in Uk than Usa.

Hello jacobhoppe, if you have a look around you will see that there are many continents being represented here. Yes it's popular in the uk but the word is spreading. Perhaps you could pop into the introducing yourself forum and give the members a little bit of info about you and what you're hoping to achieve with intermittent fasting.
Good luck and welcome.
23 Dec 2014, 15:42
@ferretgal, I am still new to 5-2 so I haven't experienced that yet. However I added a 16:8 day to Saturdays and on those days I do feel like that. I think it is neat when it happens. Years ago when I lost my weight the first time I did have times I forgot to eat for half the day, so I know it is possible. However, right now I'm working on the night before 5-2 not saying.. tomorrow is fast day so I better eat right now. From 6-10 at night before fast day is my weakest. Because I'm not currently gaining, I'm not going to worry about that till January; then I will try to crack down.
24 Dec 2014, 10:59
Merry Christmas eve! Hope your holiday stresses are over and you are in "enjoy" mode!

It's an ugly, rainy day here, but not too cold. I'll probably just stay in today and putter around the house. I have to make fruit salad for tomorrow and get myself a little organized. I'm not having a sit down dinner, but will make a ham & scalloped potatoes. It will be here whenever anyone who is hungry shows up! I have put my foot down about having a big dinner on Christmas. The last time I did that, about 3 years ago, I was in the kitchen cleaning up while everyone else was in the living room opening gifts and having fun. After that day I decided I would NOT do that again. The adults would have waited for me, but we have 3 young grandsons and it was too much for them to wait. I cannot let the mess in the kitchen either....I have to get it cleaned up right away. Anyway....

I have decided that I'm going to weigh & measure on Jan 2 and give this 5:2 a proper go. I've had limited success with the ADF, so I'm going to switch to 5:2 and see how it goes. I'll give it a good 6 weeks and then decide if I need to add more fasting days. I'm choosing Tuesday and Thursday for my fasting days. I can always change up the days if I need to based on what's going on in the week. One thing I know....my eating days have got to be more under control. I've been eating WAY too many carbs in the form of chocolate! Yikes! I want to teach myself to eat smaller portions. I've always been a volume eater, plus I eat too fast. It's going to be an interesting experiment!

Enough of my rambling. Enjoy your Holiday and I'll see you on the other side!
24 Dec 2014, 18:59
Very Happy Christmas everyone - and may you all find good health, happiness and everything your hearts' desire in 2015 - - - 2015 so soon, can you believe it????????
24 Dec 2014, 22:38
Happy Christmas to you all :heart:
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 10 of 47