The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

703 posts Page 9 of 47
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 47 Next
Re: Anyone in the US?
18 Dec 2014, 00:53
Lori wrote: Good Morning!

4:54AM here on the East coast. I've already downloaded a cup of coffee and will leave for boot camp at 5:30!

Wow - you ARE up and about early - makes me feel a bit jealous and totally guilty for wasting half my day. Unfortunately, I have been an insomniac for many years and sometimes, after a really bad night, my best couple of hours' sleep don't start til about 5:30 p.m.

Not many of the U.S. group here today. Didn't do too much myself - just a little last-minute Christmas shopping - I think I am done as hubs and I don't do too much - as you, we treat ourselves to something bigger (this year a new computer) and there will be a Mediterranean cruise next May (I think you were recently on a cruise?) - that should do it for a long while :victory: !!!!!
18 Dec 2014, 01:02
Yes! We just did a Med cruise in October! It was fabulous! We started in Barcelona, then to Provence, Nice, Florence, Rome, Salerno across to Kotor Montenegro, up to Venice(overnight) and the last stop was Dubrovnik Croatia, then back to Barcelona. We saw SO much! It was awesome.

Got my hair cut today and not sure I like it. It's a razor cut and I don't feel like it's even. It's kind of a shag, so it's not supposed to be precise, but it just feels off. Sigh......I'll find out in the morning when I try to work with it! OY!

Have a good night!
18 Dec 2014, 02:13
Lori wrote: Yes! We just did a Med cruise in October! It was fabulous!

We are starting in Barcelona, but its only 7 days and we will be in Italy (Rome), France (Cannes), Majorca Spain - think that's it, but it should be great - can't wait - but will have to wait!!
Have a good night. Hope you love your hair in the morning !!!!
18 Dec 2014, 10:29
Good Morning!

Up and ready for another fast day. I skipped boot camp this morning as yesterday was really rough and I'm SO sore! I'm enjoying just sitting and drinking my coffee this morning. The scale bounced up again after yesterday's indulgences, but it'll go back down again. I've been weighing every day this month and the scale bounces are sometimes hard to take! I decided to try the daily weighing, but not sure it's for me. I don't want my mood tied to what the scale says each day, you know?

I got a lot of hair cut off, you'd have thought the scale would go down! LOL! Still not sure about this new do.......hope I can make it work without another trip to the salon.

Have a good day everyone! :clover:
19 Dec 2014, 13:40
Come on now.........don't let me down! Let's keep this thread going! I'm very lonely in here! :cry:

Had a great fast day yesterday and had lots of energy for boot camp this morning. Not sure why I'm feeling so energized this morning. Maybe it's knowing I can eat today? :grin: Possibly it's because I saw a new number on the scale this morning and it's a decade lower than I've been seeing for the past couple months? :victory: I suppose I'll pop back up into that "other" number tomorrow, but at least I saw the new low today!

I'm on my own tonight as DH is going out with friends to a college wrestling match. I really dislike wrestling, so I'm glad he has friends that enjoy it. He won't be home till 10:30 or so.....whatever will I do? :razz: To have the remote to the TV to myself for an evening? I'm positively giddy!

Hope you've all had a fabulous week. :heart:
19 Dec 2014, 14:52
Just checking in from Michigan, this is the last day at work for the year and everywhere I turn there are temptations, donuts, cookies, pizza party for lunch with beer and wine. I have been pretty good so far with avoiding the sweets but pizza is a weakness I strive to moderate ! At least I got my two regular fasts in this week so I should be ok. I plan to do one fast the week of Christmas and 1 fast the week of New Years. Good luck to all fasters, enjoy the weekend ! :geek: :smile:
19 Dec 2014, 16:06
I'm here. Christmas eating has started for me too. I have been clearing FIL's house of his possessions and found he was a chocolate hoarder. Well what else is there to do when you are doing something sad? Eat chocolate! I think a good fast is in order tomorrow. Have a good day everyone.
19 Dec 2014, 18:48
Lori wrote: ....whatever will I do? :razz: To have the remote to the TV to myself for an evening? I'm positively giddy!

Why, get ready for the forum Christmas party of course... What will you contribute? Better get on because the Aussies will be getting it going in just a few hours!
chat-f12/this-year-s-virtual-christmas-party-t13354.html
19 Dec 2014, 19:51
Stopping by to say "Hi". Today is a fast day for me so I am drinking lots of hot tea to get through all the cooking I am doing for the holidays. I shouldn't make the house smell so good on a fast day! Salads tonight... I can do this!
19 Dec 2014, 20:15
Just taking a break from wrapping gifts all day (in between loads of laundry). A friend just sent me a 3-month digital subscription to the NY Times, but I'm ineligible because I already subscribe to their Opinion page only option. I hope she won't be too embarrassed to discover this. Anyway, I was touched by her thoughtfulness.

Back to work now. Hope everybody is enjoying this hectic preparation time and looking forward to the happy faces when they open their gifts :reindeer: Maybe a little :drink: will make it all go more smoothly. :grin:
19 Dec 2014, 20:31
Hello to all who popped in today!

Oh my.......Christmas preparations.....where do I begin? I'm not finished shopping and I don't even want to talk about the wrapping! My least favorite task! I have 3 grandsons who just rip the paper as soon as they can to get to the prize! I'm sure I did the same as a child, but it makes me less than enthusiastic about fussing over the wrapping. I'm quite a fan of gift bags and tissue paper!

One more hour to put in here at the office and then I'm off for home. Looking forward to a quiet evening of TV and a lite dinner. Tomorrow will be spent at home with my treadmill repairman coming and other than that, just taking it easy and drinking coffee at my leisure. I should do the aforementioned wrapping, but I may put that off until Sunday. There is the ever present laundry to tackle at some point as well.

Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend. Hugs all around & wishes for the season! :heart:
20 Dec 2014, 21:14
Well, not much going on here today - cold and dismal here but supposed to start warming up beginning tomorrow so we should have some nice sunny weather for all the last-minute Christmas shopping. I am really all done, unless I suddenly think of something I forgot.
Its only my hubs and I for Xmas and we are going to friends in the San Fernando Valley about an hour from here - hubs and I met in the Valley and lived and worked there for many years.
Well, this is getting rather boring :sleepy: :sleepy: - I just didn't want this thread to die completely !!!
Where is everyone? Maybe you're getting your hair re-styled @Lori ???????
20 Dec 2014, 21:31
Hello!

No...LOL...I've gotten used to my hair, although it's a bit shorter than I wanted. But, it's hair and it will grow, right?

We wrapped most of the Christmas gifts today and will go shopping early tomorrow morning to finish up. I've had a horrid day of eating. Just one thing after another and too much! It's a fast day for me tomorrow and I'm staying away from the scale. The daily weighing is playing with my head.

The cold weather is depressing for me. I long for warm, sunny days on the golf course. I guess these months make me appreciate golf season all the more?

Happy weekend to all!
22 Dec 2014, 14:51
Are you all lying in bed today? Thread is quiet here. I have closed my kitchen for the day as my eating window is closed. Bulletproof decaf coffee for breakfast and for lunch blueberry smoothie,(blueberries, cucumber and greens powder) raw veggie 'lasagna' and an omelette. Plus 2 squares of 90% Lindt. I have not eaten eggs for a month because I thought they were giving me palpitations so I stopped. Half an hour after the omelette, and lo, palpitations - damn!
Back to studying before the office wakes up.
22 Dec 2014, 15:00
Lying in bed? What a joke! I was up at my usual 4:15 and went to boot camp. It was the hardest session in recent memory. Pretty sure the trainer was trying to kill us before Christmas! LOL!

I've been busy at work this morning(my last day to work till after Christmas!). My boss just got back from over a week in St Croix, so he is like a mad man trying to get his work caught up. I'm his assistant, so some of "it" flows down to me, if you know what I mean. :razz:

A much needed fast day today after 3 days of being VERY reckless with my eating. Sigh......I'm going to try to fit in 3 or 4 fasts before the New Year and will step on the scale Jan. 2nd. (gulp). A fresh start is what I need, but don't want to put on any extra that I'll have to get rid of in the new year!

Take care everyone!
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 9 of 47