General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

703 posts Page 40 of 47
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 47 Next
Re: Anyone in the US?
08 Mar 2016, 03:06
Hello there from northern Arizona! :grin:
14 Mar 2016, 14:51
Well I wasn't able to fast on Saturday because I had a work meeting that provided lunch. But on Sunday I was working (I work at a church) and realized I had an entire day where I had no food obligations and I was going to a gardening event without food so I decided to try a fast day for Sunday... and it went perfectly. My only concern was my normal fast day is today. So I figured I'll play it by ear for both yesterday and today. So far today I feel great. So if I can make it the entire day I'll be good until my next fast day on Thursday. So hopefully 3 days a week will give my body that kick it needs to loose weight. Not that I don't mind not gaining.. but I would be much happier to be loosing as well. My normal days will now be Monday, Thursdays and Saturdays with Saturday being flexible depending on what is going on that day.
31 Mar 2016, 14:51
It's been quiet in here.. how is everyone doing?
31 Mar 2016, 20:15
Yes,I am in Louisville Kentucky .I am on my second day of fasting. I'm really excited about this new (for me )way of dieting. Looks like you have been in for a while. How's it going for you? Have a good day now!
04 Apr 2016, 15:47
The first 6 months on 5-2 I lost a few pounds but then it has stalled out. However I am thankful not to be gaining. Last month I added a 3rd fast day because I think I over eat on the weekends. So now I fast Mondays and Thursdays and when I can on Saturdays. This last Saturday I wasn't able to fast because of a birthday party. I also started tracking my calories on fast days last month because I think I was eating more like 700 than 500. I always feel healthier the day after a fast so even if I don't loose weight I have stopped the gain and I feel I am healthier for it. It's harder for me to loose weight because I 'only' have 10 pounds to loose. 16 years ago I lost over 60 pounds and kept it off till about 3 or 4 years ago when weight starting to come back on and I couldn't stop that creep up from happening until I found 5-2.
08 Apr 2016, 17:52
There is Growing Evidence That Fasting Diets Really Work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zNI2HEwJnE
This appeared last night on the NBC Nightly News - one of the big three National news broadcasts in the U.S. - its about "bleeping" time, I would say !!!!!!
11 Apr 2016, 17:31
Wow thanks for that link!
27 Apr 2016, 15:25
Wow it's been quiet in here. Well I have been doing 4-3 for almost a month now and I'm down 2 pounds. I'm thinking my over eating on the weekends have been throwing off my weight loss and only letting me maintain. So maybe for me 4-3 for weight loss and 5-2 for maintenance? I'm not sure. Time will tell
27 Apr 2016, 21:10
I thought I introduced myself, but maybe on a different thread? I am in San Diego. I'm doing this for delaying mental fuzziness, mainly, although the other benefits are welcome. I already eat only three meals most days. I started on this several weeks ago, back in early March, I think. I don't weigh myself all the time, but I'm pretty sure I've lost about 5 lbs. since I started. Loss is not my goal, but I have reserves, so it might be inevitable, esp. since I am committed to moderate eating, too. I've adjusted my diet over the years so that now I prefer mostly non-manufactured foods. But I try to find something to eat no matter where I am. I'm going to do 4:3 for a couple of weeks. I used to be a semi-serious binge eater, but that has been mostly managed for a few years. I had one experience so far of getting sucked in by that habit, but I'm not worried. It felt significant and I really don't want to repeat it, nor do I feel it will be a terrible sacrifice.
30 Apr 2016, 15:43
welcome oolala53! The thread seems to be slow right now, but sometimes it picks up.

Well everyone another week and i have lost another pound! so far 4-3 is working for me
30 Apr 2016, 19:01
Hello Everyone,
I'm from Florida and I just started last Tuesday with the diet. So far I'm very pleased 5.4 lbs down. I'm still not sure if I should do next week 4:3 or 5:2. Actually I started with the plan of doing the Every other day diet, but I realized it's really hard for me to do so from my schedule. I'm happy that I found the 5:2 diet what I think will work better for me. I'm excited to hear more from you guys.
01 May 2016, 08:34
Hi Everyone. I used to be a regular on here when I lived on the west coast and good to see some names I recognize still here. I have a road trip next week to Seattle, Portland OR, Dallas and then Salt Lake City. Going to be away from home for a couple of weeks so I'm going back to 16:8 to keep myself in check.
02 May 2016, 15:12
Hi Jasmin R! and welcome back rawkaren! This is a WOL and what I'm learning is it is very flexible. For now I am still doing 4-3 and it is still working :) I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found 5-2
03 Jun 2016, 15:53
4-3 is working for me! I lost 2 pound in the month of May. Finally moving forward :)
03 Jun 2016, 16:25
I'm glad you're moving forward, but aren't you terribly frustrated with the amount of work that took? 4:3 is quite difficult, at least for me. Perhaps you'd have an easier time and faster weight loss with 5:2 and reduced carbs instead?
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 40 of 47