The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

445 posts Page 8 of 30
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30 Next
71.2kgs but I have a problem, Houston. My bedroom fat-measuring scales have ceased to work since I put a new battery in them. My bathroom scales gave me five different readings within half an hour this morning so what to do? I need a true reading somehow ...
#1 Reporting in :shock: Oooppssss
@PennyForthem Forgot my usual Fri weigh-in
Today's reading is 600grams up :shock:
Checking in with a happy face. Weight 12.9.6 yesterday and this morning, so I'm taking it as stable. Thanks low carbers for giving me a boost.

So 2lb off since Monday.
38.3%fat
Will change my signature now.
Oh heck, it was Friday yesterday and I forgot to weigh in. But no change for me Penny today. I am 56k on the dot.
Number 24 checking in & reporting 1 & 1/4 lb gain due to I'm sure to eating too much chocolate & having some wine during last week. I've probably overdone carbs as well so no real surprise I didn't lose weight despite cycling. Oh well I have just cycled this morning & really must keep a close watch on calories & carbs next week. I think my non fast day calories have been creeping up as well so I must concentrate & do better.
Hi @PennyForthem

OK, I am ready now - can I please join in the Solstice Challenge?

The scales are showing an increase since the Valentines Challenge and I didn't make the Easter one.

I am currently just focusing on one day at a time, still doing the Fasts, watching the carbs and sugars, and I have increased the physical activities with walks, wii fit, and the exercise bike and I can already feel the benefits.

I am just relaxing about the WL, not get too caught up in the numbers and take it day by day and not head-bang!

It might be a slow process but it's the best thing for me to do at the moment. And as my Dr. so charmingly said to me last week, just 'eat less' - I think that is priceless!!!

thank you.

cheers
Maggie :smile: :smile:
@Azureblue, that same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It took me a few days before I got a new scales. I was lost! But the new machine weighed me 2lbs lighter than the old machine's lightest weight! Nearly broke the new scales as I was jumping for joy. :grin:

I am popping in with a confession, and it looks like I am in good company. Im not due to weigh until Monday, but I have been eating loads of bread and generally going over my tdee on feed days. They are much tougher than the fast days, which I managed without hardly noticing. (See my blog for the full rant!) @Maggie, I will give the "just one day at a time" a go. Thats what works for me on fast days. How many seconds, er...I mean years did your Dr train to offer that nugget of wisdom :bugeyes:

Jayney @silverdarling and @piper, you are so close to goal. Is it too early to say well done. Im clapping you on the back anyway. And another big round of back slapping for thoses of you who managed to loose in the face of Easter.
Thanks @scubachick but with my current loss rate, I will be doing well to reach target by Solstice :grin: ! Fastiversary today, 16lb lost in total, do the maths :shock: not complaining though :lol: :wink:
Well, I'm starting at 171.5 for the challenge and wanting to get to 165 (which was my Easter challenge!) I think it's probably a stretch, but I hope to get there! I don't think it's completely unrealistic!
I'm in @PennyForthem

Current weight = 92.7kg
Goal weight. = 87kg

I am hoping that the 2.5 kgs I piled on during easter will disappear in the next two weeks (fingers crossed) and then 0.5kg average weight-loss per week. It is doable.

Good luck everyone. :clover: :clover:
Hi, number 14 checking in. I was on holiday last week so ate and drank way too much. My weight is now 177.6 which 1.6 UP on my starting weight :cry: I now weigh more than my starting weight for the Easter challenge :curse: I am fasting today first since before Easter so onwards and downwards.
Can I join in as I've just joined the forum please? I've lost a couple of pounds this month, I only started 5:2ing on 7th April, and I'd like to see another 7 lbs off at least by the solstice.

:-)
Eh I guess I'll throw my name in the ring too. I'm going to try for something achievable, I'd like to hit 93kg :smile:
Hi Penny! Please would you add me to the Solstice Challenge group? Present weight 131 lbs, goal 126 lbs.
I am relieved to commit a few weeks with this support to turn it round again.
It will help me to eat more 'mindfully' yet again, as I am still bumbling about higher than my goal. I am doing good fasting days and must remember that I lost 2 stones and kept them off for well over a year with this wonderful WOL.
number #22 throwing in her weigh in here! not a lot lost, only 1 pound, but it's a start! :D
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30 Next
445 posts Page 8 of 30