The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

316 posts Page 14 of 22
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22 Next
Um. I don't waste enough to drain away. Hot water?
oil-pulling - I had to google this! I'm almost tempted....
Yeah it's great but I do prefer untoasted sesame oil (cold pressed).. It makes you gag until you get used to it,
I just read that sesame oil is the preferred oil actually but I don't think I've ever tried it..
OH works for a water company...oils and fats are a BIG problem. OH always drains the oil from e.g. mince onto some kitchen towel and puts it in the bin rather than putting it down the drain. I think you should do the same with oil pulling...
carorees wrote: OH always drains the oil from e.g. mince onto some kitchen towel and puts it in the bin rather than putting it down the drain.

Good tip, I'll remember that :like:
Hi in reply to when to oil pull I do it when I feel the need. Flossing and interdental little brushes are great for oral hygiene but I find to remember to oil pull at least every few days as it makes my mouth taste sweeter and cleaner. I do it for as long as I can prior to my morning shower so I would be walking around swishing. Have had a few dribble accidents and coconut oil down the front of your nightwear is a major pain so am good now at keeping my lips sealed. Am not at all interested in swallowing the stuff which is cleaning at a micro level around my teeth and gums so better spat onto a wad of tissues than clogging drains.

Happy swishing and pulling. A spring clean for your teeth and gums. Sparkle and ping :grin: :grin:
would I be right in assuming this should be done AFTER the brushing of teeth? I'm definitely going to give this oil-pulling malarkey a go :grin:
@chichi13 No, I do it first thing, then rinse my mouth out with water before brushing my teeth. Do give it a go, I've been doing it for 10 days now and it's just become part of my morning routine and until recently I had a real aversion to anything that tasted or smelt the least bit 'coconutty'! When I was a child I used to nibble off the chocolate on the Bounty bars we got in our Christmas selection boxes and throw away the coconutty centre in disgust! Now I've started to use coconut oil in cooking and I'm a definite convert!
I am with Caroline and her OH on the need to NOT put oil or other fats down the drains. I would also like to point out that there are a host of other things that should not go down the toilet/sink which a lot of us are guilty of and which I have had floating round my house in the past due to blocked and overflowing drains, i.e. baby/face wipes, :shock: pant liners, :shock: disposable nappies, :shock: tampons :shock: (I know, I know, they are advertised as disposable but believe me you do not see the joke when you find them floating on your carpets! :shock: :curse: )and any other type of 'wipe' so, PLEASE DO NOT FLUSH ANY OF THINGS DOWN YOUR TOILET!!!! Thank you, phew, feel better for that rant :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
Err Ballerina, what about goldfish??

Think I'm missing out on this coconut oil malarkey , anyone recommend a good buy. ( too lazy to read the whole thread soz)
Goldfish should be given a decent send off, buried in a little box of sorts in a nice spot in the garden - amazing how that helps the children to dry their tears! Well, it did mine anyway! Coconut oil for pulling shouldn't be the really expensive stuff I don't think, you can get the cheaper non organic stuff in most big supermarkets, and I find it does the job. I think it's called KTC and it's less than £3 for a 500ml jar.
Minsmum wrote: Err Ballerina, what about goldfish?

Goldfish would be hard pushed to survive in amongst my neighbours flushed paraphenalia. :shock: God, it was truly disgusting and the temptation to have them all forcibly DNA'd and then made to clean up after themselves in my home was overwhelming. :lol: The only benifit was that the garden was magnificent afterwards, lush GREEN grass in abundance etc, but just TOO high a price for us to pay. When it happened AGAIN, I was at my wits end but at least the Water Authority are now regularly clearing our drains so, fingers crossed it will NEVER happen again!They say that 'shit happens' but PLEASE, not to us a third time,

Ballerina x :heart:
So does that mean you got the backlog from neighbours yuck, poor Ballerina

Somehow don't think goldfish would survive in sewerage

I think we need to change this conversation back to coconut oil and all of its wonders

My teeth are white and sparkling, a much nicer way compared to the mouth trays with the bleach which always gave me serious aching teeth. With coconut oil I get pretty good and enough of an effect in whitening
So--if you shouldn't put oils down the drain (I was the one who raised the question in the first place), how in the world would you rinse it out of your hair effectively?

I'm trying to wrap my head around that!

Any help appreciated.

Melinda
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22 Next
316 posts Page 14 of 22