The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

316 posts Page 16 of 22
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22 Next
Oh Minsmum poor you! I know what you mean about the heave reaction & it is awful to experience. But use up the oil as a moisturiser or in cooking, I have just made a stir fry using it that was delicious. I know it is odd but I hate desiccated coconut & still do but found I liked coconut milk because of my enjoyment of Thai food & that is probably why the smell & taste of coconut oil didn't put me off trying it. When the oil is used in cooking there is no strong taste of coconut so I do hope you find a use for your jars of oil.
Aw, Rawkaren, I see what you mean, lovely cat, don't you just love em all? :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
I shall give it another go tomorrow, I just have to get over the knot in the stomach when I see the jar. I know it's all "in me 'ead" but it's like I have a phobia about that damn jar. I can't even touch it to rub on my eczema. Fasting is easy peasy compared to oil pulling!!

I will I will overcome this and let you all know how I get on :)
rawkaren wrote: coconut eating cat. Also likes papaya...

awwwwwwwwww lush!! :inlove:
@Minsmum I would hate to influence anyone but, just give the 'pulling' a miss, nothing will change in your life, your teeth will not fall out of your mouth as you speak, your gums will not rot before our eyes and if your breath does not smell of coconuts, well.......who will care? Do yourself a favour and just let the jar collect some dust, the world will still revolve around the moon, or whatever it does, believe me, honest, you know it makes sense!!!! :shock:

I love using coconut oil! All of my cold processed soap recipes use 30% coconut oil. :)
It looks like we all like cats on this page. And the two cats are rather alike rawkaren. However, I am not allowed one, as Hubbs has an allergy to them...and 'smellies' like plug in and pot pourri type stuff.I digress
Is it a proven fact that swishing is good for dental hygiene do we know please? I do the pulling as and when I remember, but my oil has soldified, therefore it is a bit lardified...and a bit eurrghh at first. :frown:
@ Ballerina ...oh how I wished I had listened to you, but oh no, I knew best.
Let's just say it wasn't pretty, bleugh. The jar is now collecting dust, I bow to your greater knowledge x
rawkaren I am in love :heart:

I have 2 cats myself and they both love coconut oil. I also brush the long haired one with some so she has smooth hair and smells good :cool:
AWhat is a flat teaspoon of solidified coconut oil swish while you are doing stuff! No big deal I find and yes the whole reason to even do it is because it does benefit your oral hygiene and gum health. I do it when I remember. If it is too hard I would give it a miss and not give it another thought. Only for the converted
Your last sentence says it all for me gillymary :lol: my mother died when she was 91 years old, still with all her own teeth so if she was able to do it without 'pulling' then that will be good enough for me. :shock: :grin: :shock:

Goodness me, who'd have thought the 5:2 would be so informative :wink:

I've now learned many uses of coconut oil, from lubricating, pulling, rubbing, and spitting afterwards. Who would have thought :oops:
I bought my first jar of coconut oil from Holland & Barrett at nearly £16 for 480 ml (did get 20%off).

I've just bought some Lucy Bee coconut oil and it is really nice. If you go to the Lucy Bee website there's lots of info about the oil and it's uses but you can't actually buy from 'her'. However, there is a section where you can buy online or in store - Sainsburys. I looked on Amazon (through this site for the % to here) but the delivery charge was £6.99, on a £9.99 spend! So, sorry Moogie, I bought 2x500ml jars for £18 plus £2.99 delivery from Natures Healthbox Ltd. I ordered Thursday lunchtime and when I get home yesterday tea time there was the box waiting for me - can't fault that, or the product. And there was a voucher for a 10% off next purchase.

Just to say I have no link with the site other than as a purchaser. I am so pleased with the service I received and the price for the organic, fair trade product.
OK I'm with ballerina on this one. :shock: :shock:
Before my holiday i really tried to get used to this stuff for the pulling but no way and i was only trying with about half a teaspoon of it to get used to it first. Yyuukkkkk.
mine came from tesco so will put it to use on my now flabby neck/arms and legs well anywhere but the mouth noway each to there own. Happy Pulling to those that can
heart: Sue. :heart:
Sue & Ballerina I can quite understand your reluctance to oil pull because it does feel really weird having what feels like a lumps of lard in your mouth until it melts that is. Never in a thousand years would I have ever imagined that I would be using coconut oil to cook, moisturise & oil pull but I like the taste, have got used to the initial texture & it seems to keep coffee stains away from my teeth & the gaps between my teeth are cleaner, even though I do floss as well. Now if only it could reduce the saggy bits as well :grin: my bat wings look more like eagles wings & as I'm losing weight my leg as have joined in looking awful with varicose veins & thread marks even more obvious. If only 5:2ing had been around ten years ago perhaps I wouldn't sag so much :frown: :cry:
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22 Next
316 posts Page 16 of 22